It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ganzfeld Effect Does It Work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hi all,
I've just been reading a really interesting article with regards to The Ganzfeld Effect and other mind hacks and wondered if anyone had actually tried this, I found this after reading Sink The Bismark's Thread on 8 historic Symbols which led me to this page

www.cracked.com...

This looked very interesting with regard to the Ganzfield Effect which can produce hallucinations

This in turn led me to search google which led me to this site

www.sciencedirect.com... info(%23toc%2343685%232008%23999559989%23701584%23FLA%23display%23Volume)&_cdi=43685&_sort=d&_docanchor=&_ct=14&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersio n=0&_userid=10&md5=339e08b2b3cae61bf0d76466e5f7efb1

which explains this effect which can be tried using a ping pong ball cut in half, white noise and a light room.
This apparently induces mild hallucinations due to sensory depravation in the same way a floatation tank does.
I also discovered a free program which can produce the white noise needed very simply, I have included the link to the program below

audacity.sourceforge.net...

I havent tried this out yet but doing a google search leads me to believe that this really works. Unfortunately Im at work right now so cant try it, but im going to have to shopping for ping pong balls by the look of it.
This may be interesting to all the binaural beaters out there which i've tried and haven't had much success with,
Apparently it only takes 20 - 30 minutes to work
Hope you enjoy trying this I'm sure I will.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hi GeeDee,

It's interesting you mention that, I read the same article and have tried it twice now, and I have to say that yes, it does work.

I didn't have noise cancelling headphones, so I just used a pair of ear plugs. One thing about the ping pong balls – they don't fit very well over the eyes, so get some white blue tack and put it around the edges. This ensure a nice snug fit.

Putting the 'goggles' on is a very strange experience. White everywhere, and no matter where you look, just white, white and more white. It almost feel like the scene in the Matrix when Neo is in the computer world (sorry I can't be more precise, I haven't seen that movie for ages).

After about 5 minutes (although it's kinds hard to judge time when you're in there) I started to see basic geometrical shapes appearing. In turn, I found I could manipulate these to spin and move. These quickly evolved into fractal patterns and once again, I was able to control these patterns very easily. The most interesting thing for me was what followed: The fractal shapes zoomed out (under my control) and from this a life like vision appeared. Unfortunately, at this point my consciousness kicked in and dispelled it.

The same thing happened with my second attempt.

I'm trying again tonight, and hope to be able to control myself enough to go further thru. Ill keep you updated. Thanks for this thread, but I also have to give kudos to onlyinmydreams as well, for starting Ganzfeld Experiments

Cheers
Shane

EDIT TO ADD - I should clarify that I wanted to use this method to experience visions, not to test any part of ESP. So far, it's been surprisingly easy to induce them.

[edit on 30/7/10 by shamus78]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Thank you Shamus thats excellent feedback cant wait to try i, I've got one more hour at work then ill have to try and improvise something
I am also interested in the visions more than the ESP side of this
Thanks again

[edit on 30-7-2010 by GeeDee]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hi Shamus,
did you try this again, I havent had a chance yet as I've been working lots but will definitely try it tomorrow or the day after when i get some free time
Cant wait to give it a go

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I've done it several times and have visual hallucinations mainly.

It's not nearly as intense as when I let myself get just exhausted and start falling asleep on the couch in an uncomfortable position. Like micronaps I guess. When I do that, I hear voices. They wake me up. It's the only time I hear voices like that.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This sounds very interesting. I plan on trying this soon.

Hadriana, I've had similar experiences when I'm lying down and very tired, about to drift off into sleep. I sometimes hear a voice calling my name before I suddenly wake up. Kinda freaky.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Yeah that's hella weird, sometimes I can hear these really clear conversations in my head but most of the time it's just people talking nonsense. =P

And to the thread itself well it's very interesting and I will give it a try later.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well I bought the Ping pong balls and got home and they had writing on sods law or what
I believe they have to be totally clear and you have to split them down the middle so that you cant see the line where they are moulded, did you guys just do this by itself or did you use the white noise as well?
thanks for the input everyone very interesting indeed
another trip to the shops for none branded ones i think
going to give this one a proper go as it sounds like great fun

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeDee

There should be one side without writing, just poke a hole in them and cut them so they're kinda oval shaped. Get some white coloured blue tack and put some around the edges for a nice snug fit. The first one's I cut turned out to be not a good enough fit, so try with different shapes. Once they're on you should see a uniform whiteness.

I used a track from here: IsoTones - thanks to SolarE-Souljah for the link. I used the one called "Void"

Then sit back, relax and do some deep breathing, and within a while you should start seeing things. Hope it works for ya.

Cheers
Shane

[edit on 4/8/10 by shamus78]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, the ping bong balls are a bit uncomfortable.

I found that just making a white mask out of paper - use a few sheets for thickness - that's a lot better.

For me it reduces the visual input better.

And pink noise works better for me than white noise.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by muftanan

Hadriana, I've had similar experiences when I'm lying down and very tired, about to drift off into sleep. I sometimes hear a voice calling my name before I suddenly wake up.

I have this experience too. The voice is loud and clear saying my name. I wonder what causes this. Anyone have any ideas?

new topics

top topics

join