It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY governor bans "stop and frisk" database, program itself is still in place.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

NY governor bans "stop and frisk" database, program itself is still in place.

www.datelinezero.com

According to inform.com, there is a program that had been put into place in NY City where people were being detained at random, patted down, and questioned. They called it a “stop and frisk” program.

What’s more, the information of everyone arbitrarily stopped and frisked has been entered into a database! The mayor of New York, Michael Bloomberg, thought that this was a great idea, and so did NYPD Commissioner Raymond Kelly.

Note that only the database for the “stop and frisk” program has been shut down. The program itself is still in place. And the article doesn’t say that t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The article has quotes from interviews with some New Yorkers who were talking to local NBC folks. Now keep in mind that the "stop and frisk" at random is still being done.

The people NBC talked to were happy that they were being stopped, searched, and questioned; at random, and without a warrant. Why? Because at least their information isn't being entered into a database.

Jeezus! No thought to the fast that this shouldn't even be happening at all?

Score one for the thugs in government.

Here's a quote:
“If you’re stopped and frisked that’s fine, that’s one thing. But, for them to take your ID and keep it on record, I think that’s a little too much,” says Tyler Horton of Brownsville.

Good God, sometimes I really believe that we are doomed.

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Stop and frisk program? I really need to pay more attention to this 1984 stuff because no matter how far I push my head into the sand about it, it is going on.

So , I am walking down NewYork, and I am halted by a police officer and he demands I get questioned and searched ..

And ofcourse they could not discriminate so 2 year olds would be pulled to the side and questioned as well. ,??

I am not comprehending this, though I am not surprised, I just did not realize this country was becomming more and more like UK this freakin fast !!

And you know what they say, the major cities in the UK were only test runs for here in the US.,,, Now that does actually seem plausible.

Tech is a curse more than it is awesome. For one reason, for however more tech the public gets its hands on, government bodies must one-up the tech to allow itself to govern... Then the next question is, how far is tech going to go, and how far is the gov going to one up it???? Until finally in the year 3000 our gov is going to be punishing us for taking 3 extra breaths during the day thus exposing the rest of the population of deprivation of oxygen!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Omg. That's blatant disregard for any personal freedoms that might still be left. If this kind of program then people who run it should be staked.

new topics

top topics

join