It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm all for physical fittness for kids but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Who do thses people think they're fooling?

A pole dancing school in Scotland is offering "Pole Fit" classes to elementary school kids as young as six. They claim it's about fittness, not sex.

Pole Dancing School Begins Offering Classes For Elementary School Kids

The Up Yer Pole pole dancing school in Scotland has begun offering classes for elementary schoolers ages six to 12. Up Yer Pole calls the lessons “pole fit” classes, alleging they are gymnastics classes with no sexual dancing and are open to both girls and boys.

Be that as it may (and I won’t deny a workout on the pole is athletically rigorous), who do these Up Yer Pole people think they’re fooling?

Pole dancing has been so inherently sexualized that you can’t just put a child on a pole and say, “It’s OK, it’s all innocent. If you say it’s sexual, then you’re the sick one.”

Just ask Miley Cyrus how well that argument works.

The Frisky.com

How'd you like to see your little darlings working out to these moves?

There's nothing sexual at all about that right?

[edit on 7/30/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Your point is well taken...but I seriously doubt they will be teaching children those particular moves. More than likely it's just some kids hanging on and spinning around having fun. The main point here is to get the kids moving and active.

I doubt that many of those children would have anything else to relate the pole to at all...at least other than the kids who go to strip clubs with their folks.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What is school for?

Training kids to be ready for the work force.

What job has pole dancing in it?

Strip clubs.

Anyone who tries to claim this isn't about strip club dancing is a complete moron, sorry.

Or you have some serious sexual deviance issues like, watching 12yr old girls dance on a pole?

Man what the hell? This whole world is turning into a cesspool.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Physical fitness in school went out when dodgeball was banned.

The threat of getting knocked up side the head was plenty of motivation to stay fit and trim.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Your point is well taken...but I seriously doubt they will be teaching children those particular moves.

Yeah but, you have to admit, that vid makes the thread a WHOLE LOT more entertaining.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Most elementary school play structures I've seen have a fireman pole.
We used to slide down and climb up and spin around on it all the time when I was a kid.

Nothing about the pole is inherently sexual, that is up to the dancer to convey.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

******Disclaimer: please read complete post before putting me on ignore or flaming, thank you.*****
Oddly enough I endorse this and wish we had this in the US.
Why?
These 12 year old girls will grow up to be pregnant 18 year olds, and with the way economy is going, stripping will be the only marketable skill anyone will have.
It is not as if they could get a real job as no one is hiring.
No industrial work, no commercial work no nothing.
This is pitiful to say the very least, the direction this world is going to.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

A pole dancing school in Scotland is offering "Pole Fit" classes to elementary school kids as young as six. They claim it's about fittness, not sex.

Actually it is not about sex, it is about fantasy of women over 18 years of age!!!..

Whoever came up with the course of "POLE DANCING" for minors is a sick individual and should be brought to " The Island".

Sorry for venting, but this is shocking to hear.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

These 12 year old girls will grow up to be pregnant 18 year olds, and with the way economy is going, stripping will be the only marketable skill anyone will have.

Pregnancy can do some horrible things to a woman's body. My wife is living proof (God I hope she never reads this
).

Those girls better learn to whip their bodies back into shape after having the kiddies or they won't be making much money as strippers.

Then again, the pole dancing part may help them to get back in shape.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
They've been breeding a generation of whores, and you see it everywhere. It's popular now, and everyone's doing it. I am in no way calling all women whores, but unfortunately, a very large part of the female population has been engineered just in that way. When you take a good look around, it's easy to see that the media has a disgusting amount of power, and it just increases with every generation. This pole dancing stuff for young girls is just one thing. I find those horrible beauty pageants and girls' clothing lines that are out now to be just as bad or worse. In words, it doesn't sound too bad, but when you see these things for what they are, you will be disgusted.

When people talk about revolution, I rarely see anyone saying anything about getting rid of the media. In case of any action, I believe the media, specifically "Holy" Wood, needs to be addressed first and foremost for an actual revolt to begin. People need to be awakened, and that's not going to happen if everyone is still corrupted by the media.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by SinkingSun]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Pregnancy can do some horrible things to a woman's body. My wife is living proof (God I hope she never reads this
).

Well, buy her a pole!

I don't see the issue here. People can get into shape using one of these. It's like saying that people who do gymnastics are perverts. They use all sorts of equipment, and are in great shape.

Not everything has to be about sex!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yep...

Everything muzzleflash said...

Morals are slowly being eroded in society... there are plenty of parents who will see no problem with this... How sad!!

top topics

join