It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church to burn copies of Koran to mark 9/11

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I believe this an excellent symbolic statement. Islam is not a religion of peace because it is not a religion. It is cult of death and those who follow its' teaching are the delivers of death. Read there holy book if you don't believe me.
God, did not speak to there phrophet. The fallen angle "Gabriel" did. This should speak loud enough to tell you something is wrong with this cult and its' followers.
Islam is not the bogey man, it is real and its tentaciles are far reaching.
Go to a Muslim nation with a bible and see what happens to you. Better yet try to spread the Christian gospel in a Mulism country. You can't but Christian Nations allow it. What is Islam afraid of?
Yes this is a stage where good and evil are both present. Stand your ground and recognize that Islam means death to any Jew or Christian.
If you want to see what evil is at the hands of the people of this faith I direct you to see the August 9th edition of "Time" magazine.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by flycatch]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
God, did not speak to there phrophet. The fallen angle "Gabriel" did.

And you know that this is true because.....?

On second thought, don't bother trying to convince me that you know what happened hundreds of years ago.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Well I don't agree with Islam, but this is stupid. Aggression begets aggression.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

In reply to your question. It all started in 610BC after receiving revelations from Allah through the angle Gabriel. I quote "Qur'an 111:1-5".

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Stupid? No counter argument. The truth will set you free.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw this on the news today and all I can say is.... How stupid...

Really? What do they think they are going to accomplish besides causing hurt feelings and angering people?

Look, holding what happened on 9/11 against the whole people of the religion, is just plain silly. Only a few people were responsible for 9/11. Yes, they claimed to be doing it in the name of their religion... But you know what? It was just a very few people... Not all of the Muslim world...

Burning the Koran in honor of the victims of 9/11? Just.... no.... Perhaps we should start burning bibles in honor of the victims of the Spanish Inquisition???

Just... Come one people, it is 2010... yes, what happened on 9/11 was heartbreaking, scarred us for life even... but to attempt to punish an entire religion for the acts of a few... Is just wrong....

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Didn't we just discuss something almost exactly like this last week

International Burn a Koran Day? Same day, or new kooks?

In addition, I'd just like to say...way to keep exhibiting exactly the same kind of irrational, thoughtless behavior that brought 9/11 down on us to begin with

Are you kidding me? Are you really going to try and use the exception to define the rule? That's a huge fallacy of logic. The Christians who are advocating this are a very extreme minority.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If the messiah would raise once again then 99.9999% wouldn't recognize him.

Not that I wouldn't be flattered with the whole god son connection but still.... Not my cup a tea that whole recycling of myths into a handbook of life thing.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

reply to post by tezzajw

In reply to your question. It all started in 610BC after receiving revelations from Allah through the angle Gabriel. I quote "Qur'an 111:1-5".

LOL! Islam is trying to make claim that it's 1,000 years older than it really is??

Muhammad lived and died in the 7th century.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

but to attempt to punish an entire religion for the acts of a few... Is just wrong....

Unless of course it's CHRISTIANITY.

Yeah, I went there.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by flycatch

No it's stupid. Retarded. Idiotic. Take a pick of the words. Christ would not like it.

To abuse such things is simply wrong. To talk them down is far better.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Right...

Like a book that's over a thousand years old is going to be accurate with regards to what god allegedly did...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Well the thing about that is it was in the hands of many people. The difference here is that in Islam it was in the hands of people that were dedicated. In Judaism and Christianity, it was in the hands of a crap ton of people with many different opinions. So in Islam, where there was basically only 1 or 2 rifts and maybe some change occurred, in Judaism and Christianity it was in the hands of hundreds, each with different opinions. To change it would be obvious. That's why all the various break off groups still follow the same basic bible, maybe with a book left out or added in, but not changed.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Is God not so great that he could put out any fire he/she wanted to?

Is God not so great that he/she could kill any person he/she wanted to?

God doesn't need anyone to do these things for him/her.

So why do we do them? Do we think it honors God to insult or kill our brothers?

I suspect that all fundamentalist have the be the most insecure people on Earth. If they weren't, they could give rise to their aggression in their OWN name.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

No. Just a few people are hateful. I'm a fundamentalist and I don't have a need to Say God hates gays and burn the Koran.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

Is God not so great that he could put out any fire he/she wanted to?.

has god ever extinguished a burning bible ?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Are you kidding? this is a good idea?

You know NOTHING about islam, yet you insist it is a bad religion.

I'm not saying it has good teachings or anything (all religions are b.s.), but it is a TERRIBLE idea to burn the holy book of another religion! RESPECT and TOLERANCE!

And they wonder why America is getting so much hatred.

Let me organize a Bible-burning event then!

When I'm not even a Christian.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by KarlG]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by tezzajw

Well the thing about that is it was in the hands of many people. The difference here is that in Islam it was in the hands of people that were dedicated. In Judaism and Christianity, it was in the hands of a crap ton of people with many different opinions. So in Islam, where there was basically only 1 or 2 rifts and maybe some change occurred, in Judaism and Christianity it was in the hands of hundreds, each with different opinions. To change it would be obvious. That's why all the various break off groups still follow the same basic bible, maybe with a book left out or added in, but not changed.

EXACTLY. All Book-following religions were derived from the same basis. It's stupid to burn the Islamic text when the Biblical text is basically the same thing... IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE.

They even have the same "Prophet" character in both.

Why are people so blind?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I'm going on Facebook and stirring up trouble.

Whole the hell do they think they are categorizing religious extremists (such as themselves) as the whole religion?

It's like the beginning of the Dark Ages all over again...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Burning the Koran to mark the anniversary 9/11 is about as tasteful as British people holding a "Punch a Paddy Day" to mark the anniversary of IRA bombings. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join