It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church to burn copies of Koran to mark 9/11

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Would it not make more sense to burn the 911 commision report?
I figure if your gonna burn the text of the people who planned the day...
Just sayin.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

It will be a world a little more advanced than the current dark age.I don't need
a bible,koran or a god to tell me that being a good caring person is the right thing to do, it's just common sense.This story proves how corrupted your bible has become.Don't get me wrong i am not against peoples belief ,it's when its used to spread fear and hatred that the problem arise's.I don't want to debate religion with you as it will achieve nothing and i'm not a mass debater.If you are a good christian then you are not one of the nutcases that i was referring to in the topic so i find it strange that you placed yourself along side them.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

A lot of churches do spread fear and hatred.
These are false churches,unfortunately,most
people focus on these churches.
A church that follows the teachings of Jesus/Yeshua
would not spread fear and hatred.My church would
not burn books from other religions.Because they
would not have them in the first place.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm a Christian but you don't fight radical intolerance with acts of radical intolerance.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Don't they see the hypocrisy in commiting an act of hatred to show their disapproval of another act of hatred?

IMHO Islam is the better of the two religions. While they have both caused violence Islam has at least contributed to society. This is why Arabian cities were great centers of science and learning during the middle ages while Europe was suppressing technology and torturing heretics.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by 12voltz

A lot of churches do spread fear and hatred.
These are false churches,unfortunately,most
people focus on these churches.
A church that follows the teachings of Jesus/Yeshua
would not spread fear and hatred.My church would
not burn books from other religions.Because they
would not have them in the first place.

Yes they do and it is good that your church has the decency and intelligence to stay away from such ridiculous behaviour.I suggest your church acquires other religious books so as to become familiar with the views of your brothers and sisters ,I think your book says to love your neighbour.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
quote;"the accusation of islam being evil ?"
"The Origin of All religions is one" The Origin of All mankind is one"
Religion is manipulated and used as a tool to control the masses. The original religions has good intentions.It is the breakaways from the original that is causing harm.
If they publicly broadcast what they plan to do and do it, it will cause retaliation throughout the muslim world and this will be one of the main causes of the ww3. This will also cause majority of muslims to hate everyone who is not one.
If there's any of you who is concerned about what is coming,if what they plan is not stopped, please join together to voice against their planned action. Help to make it publicly known that their action will bring about the ww3. Religions teaches all to Live and Let Live.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
What a bunch of nutcases.
2nd line.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I am bringing this up again!
Please awaken and realise what the conseqences of their insane plan may bring about. Think about how you will react if someone burns your religious documents or some things that you believe in or treasure. This is not about one person or one group,but all the muslims throughout this planet. The great anger may cause them to act without reasoning. If you do not know how the muslims feel about their religion,go ask someone who is one and learn how deep their belief is.
If you sit down and allow it to come to past without lifting a finger to spread the message to try to prevent it from happening,then you have yourself to blame when the retaliations and conflict starts which will bring about ww3 shortly
Have the satisfaction of saying to yourself -"I tried my best!"

[edit on 31-7-2010 by 1Starman]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

The only things keeping this world from sliding into
oblivion is the true christians.

Are you suggesting that agnostics and atheists make no valuable contributions to the world?

IRM

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
As previously stated i do not agree with the burning of books, but it doesnt compare to the burning of christian churches and the murders that the muslim extremists are currently doing in the name of islam in Lebanon and Indonesia to mention but two!!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Look, I'll start off by presenting my views. I'm a Christian/follower of Jesus Christ.

I don't believe the Lord would have done this when He walked the Earth. This is nothing but a way to incite more hatred of Christians from the members of Islam. I mean, if one were to have the idea that Jesus was the way, how could I try and talk about Him to someone I have severely offended by burning their "Holy" book?

Seems very counter-productive and provocative to me and not something I perceive the Lord doing/condoning if He were here today.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Are you suggesting that agnostics and atheists make no valuable contributions to the world?

IRM

Depends, if you call what marx, lenin, stalin, mao, fidel , numerous mafiosi etc provide a valuable service, If you are in the mortuary business, they are indeed valuable services, to you anyway.
And please dont try to include people who claim authority in representing a benign loving faith but dont follow it's most basic principles. Would you claim a meateater could speak or represent authoritatively for vegetarian just because he has a side of veggies with his barbecue?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Stalin was raised Christian, the Mafioso go to church and sin-agog, Hitler was a Christian as were the Germans, the Pope who divided the new world south between Portugal and Spain who were Christian was a Christian , the crusaders were Christian

communism was invented by who? what was their religion again..who funded the Bolsheviks, the Nazis, the US, the Brits?

making this about religion is silly
not seeing this as about being used by a bunch of cunning little maggots who whorship money is tragic.

believing and knowing are two different things.
vampires can't be seen in the mirror get it?
its always the other bunch's fault...
the pointy finger points both ways.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

IRM

They do make valuable contributions to the world,
just not long lasting.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
A church that condoned this kind of lunacy is dangerous. I am a Christian and I myself can find many thruths in all paths that people call the "will of god" Islam can be dangerous, so can Christianity if taken out of context. I have not done alot of research into Islam. I know that we Americans are angry with the middleeast Islamic devils attacked us and we are still mad. I just think we are stepping to a low level as a Christian church to burn quarans.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Didn't we just discuss something almost exactly like this last week

International Burn a Koran Day? Same day, or new kooks?

In addition, I'd just like to say...way to keep exhibiting exactly the same kind of irrational, thoughtless behavior that brought 9/11 down on us to begin with

[edit on 7/31/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I do not care for any religion. I think they are all a joke. But this is a mess of one set of nutcases starting a war with a worser set of nutcases. That church is just asking to get bombed of burned down. This will not end will.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

There's a lot of morons in this world when it comes to Christianity, thankfully most of them only exist in America. Hopefully they'll stay there.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

wow - i have two obervations on this farce :

1 - the " Dove World Outreach Center " is a bloody oxymorom .

2 - what evidence do they have for the claim that " islam is the devil "

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join