It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church to burn copies of Koran to mark 9/11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Church to burn copies of Koran to mark 9/11

www.heraldsun.com.au

FLORIDA church was yesterday promoting an event where it will burn copies of the Koran to mark the ninth anniversary of the September 11 attacks on the U.S.

In the announcement on its Facebook page, The Dove World Outreach Center of Gainesville, Florida, asked other religious groups to join in standing "against the evil of Islam. Islam is of the devil!"

The Facebook event has received more than 1,500 "Like" recommendations by users, but had also been attacked with a number of threatening messages posted on the page and corresponding anti-Islam rants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Woo hoo! War of the zealots.

One misguided, screwed-up religion, decrying another misguided, screwed-up religion. I wish there was a safe back-seat that I could occupy to watch the fall out.

Too bad that these factions tend to dominate the world these days.

Lots of 9/11 propaganda has been bought and sold. I wonder why they don't dig a little further to find more truths about it instead.

www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
When I looked into it I found out the reverend is pushing his book about islam being some how created by the devil and his publisher has major ties to Xian Zionist Rev Haggee and Zionist Israel.

So IMHO this is Zionist PR publishing stunt agenda

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I want to know, when that one guy in the meeting room stands up and says, "Hey guys, I've got a great idea."

Who the hell seconds this guy? What kind of 'my god can beat up your god' zealotry goes through these people's minds. I only ask because it seems like, if you believe Muslims to be violent evil heretics, should you really publicly burn their holy book?

More distractions from the world's real issues stirred up by the one thing no one can agree on: how to hold you hands when you pray.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
While i agree with the accusation of islam being evil, i dont think burning
books is the answer. Its quite obvious to the informed that there is no
link with islam and 911, also i beleive the quran should be available for all to read, if you are foolish enough to think there is anything devine
contained within, more fool you!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Where is the relevance in burning the Koran?

A symbolic gesture to state that you disagree that terrible actions were carried out in the name of religion?

I think that the partisanship that divides people through religious differences highlights an even bigger human disservice.

9/11 was not a religious motivated attack. It was economic.

Perhaps some should consider that thought a bit more, in my opinion...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Haaaa

Looks like Dreamwalker74 belongs to the Florida Church, he loves burning Books too.

In this day and age, it's becoming harder figuring out what is the true "Evil" and true "Good"

Best to walk the Middle Road methinks

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Village Idiot] Spelling is atrocius this morning

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Village Idiot]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
When are these "gods" coming to take away all these nutcases on both sides?I always here about the second coming,i think we are going to need a third,fourth and fifth coming to get rid of them all.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Burning books is a very Christian thing.

Alexandria much?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
NO books should ever be burned.

This shows that whom ever supports the book burning, finds the book as a threat in some way to them or their religion.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I dont care for the religion myself, and think that religions hold us back as a people...

But we shouldnt force this onto others to think as we do, to like what we like...

And I could care less about what you use the book for.

If you dont care for the religion, then dont read it, its simple.

Burning a book, a church no less burning books....is just a simple ploy of trying to control things.

I dont care for the religion, so I dont read it. I dont have issues with the religion, till it interferes with my life and way of living.

Its not a threat to me, nor is any other religion. But as soon as you start burning books at church gatherings, enemies are made...and the church that is doing the burning makes them look weak....as if they are threatened by this religion.

I didnt ask anyone if they liked the religion...

Book burning is a form of control onto other people, which I am against that.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
No doubt the idiots at the local Assembly Of God church near where I live will jump on this bandwagon. These folks had a burning of evil music CD's one Saturday night. What a mess! Plastic lumps melted into the asphalt of the parking lot.

Really, what sort of clown thinks this sort of thing, burning copies of the Koran is a fantastic idea? And where do they find the morons to support them in their endeavor. They better hope and pray they have a really good security team. All it takes is one other moron, misguided in Islam, to wreak a bit of havoc at the event.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
in my fantasy survivalist kit i would have the bible, koran , torah and every god damn
book man ever made about god. i would use them to light my fires or wipe my ass.
and the 1st sorry individual to call upon god around my fire would be thrown into it.
so help me god- as god is my witness.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

lol Well, God bless you.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Whaaaa?
among the varying fires of the various incarnations of the alexandria libarary includes by muzzies in the 600's. FOr them it is typical becasue they are by doctrine in the queeran imperialist
Does the NT have anything in it about burning or invading anything? Does the pope even get mentioned in the NT? For fun google 'apostasy' and learn a thing or two.
Just cause somebody claims to be the interpreter of an alleged divine work doesnt make them a divine, valid or correct representative.
THe ignorance of assuming the pope or any self proclaimed preacher selling prayer towels to suckers speaks for christianity with any authority is mindboggling, THe remarkable thing about the new testament is that it doesnt need to be interpreted by anyone, you beleive it or just go on your way.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
When I looked into it I found out the reverend is pushing his book about islam being some how created by the devil and his publisher has major ties to Xian Zionist Rev Haggee and Zionist Israel.

So IMHO this is Zionist PR publishing stunt agenda

I have to plus 1 that. Exactly what I was thinking when I read about it this morning. If for some reason he isn't part of the PR stunt, he's definately drinking some high octane KoolAid.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
there is an identical topic to this ... where the guy says he will do it

he probably heard it there, since its a stupid idea

I wont get into details, you dont need a high IQ to get to the conclusion that this doesn't make any sense what so ever

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
When are these "gods" coming to take away all these nutcases on both sides?I always here about the second coming,i think we are going to need a third,fourth and fifth coming to get rid of them all.

What kind of world do you think you will be living
in when WE NUT CASES are gone?
Don't kid yourself into thinking it will be a utopia!
The only things keeping this world from sliding into
oblivion is the true christians.Once we are gone,you
won't like what will happen next!

What a day that will be,when my Jesus/Yeshua,I will
see.
The churches that I have attended do not burn books!
I wouldn't waste money buying them in the first place!

[edit on 30-7-2010 by mamabeth]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join