It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Women Fear Their Fate Amid Taliban Negotiations

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Perspective.

All women in Afghanistan are so oppressed they're marching in protests and speaking out against the war.

"Many times NATO troops and these cars have killed our innocent people. They never care whether we are Afghans or animals," said Samia, 26, an activist from Kabul who took part in the demonstration.

Samia, who like many Afghans goes by only one name, said that she did not want the Taliban to return to power in Afghanistan but that NATO has only aggravated the situation over the past decade and fed a parasitic and dependent Afghan government.

"We poor people are not just here to be killed," said an elderly woman named Rabia who was in Sunday's protest. She said she had witnessed the reaction to the traffic accident Friday. "The people were so emotional. They were throwing stones at the Americans' vehicles. If the police hadn't taken the Americans away, the people would have torn them to pieces. If I had the chance to do that, I would do the same thing."

Source of Quotes

They are making progress. Let's stop meddling and keeps supporting them and let them do it. They're clearly motivated.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sadly, some people in the world, are sick enough to do this.

Sadists live everywhere, not just 3rd world countries!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Its amazing how there are some people on this thread defending the actions of the Taliban and blaming the United States for this woman's disfigurement........Shameful................Thank you for posting this article, I shutter to think what will happen to Afghanistan if they are not ready when we eventually pull out.............maybe oozyism can go back home and put on his mini skirt.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

We need to have awareness of our world, this is one sad and terrifying and maddening part of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Just wanted to let you know about this thread, as it seems pretty related. Seems a confidential CIA NOFORN report discussed using the Afghan women as messengers.

WikiLeaks and War Crimes and the Afghan Women

Anyway, just wanted to document it here as a cross-reference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join