It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

www.myfoxphoenix.com

On the day parts of Arizona's immigration law, SB 1070, went into effect, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is in the news for another reason: there's a price on his head - allegedly offered by a Mexican drug cartel.

The audio message in Spanish is a bit garbled, but the text is clear.

"It's offering a million dollars for Sheriff Joe Arpaio's head and offering a thousand dollars for anyone who wants to join the Mexican cartel."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I sincerely hope Arpaio stays safe, this doesn't look good at all. Text messages... sure is a fast way to get the word out.

A man who wants to remain anonymous says his wife received the text message Tuesday evening. It also included an international phone number and instructions to pass the message along.

But she says what really concerns investigators is how quickly the message may have been spread. "It's going so many different places that our folks are looking at it and thinking well at any given point in time it could land in front of some crazy person who thinks I can do that."

www.myfoxphoenix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
the sheriff is 78 flippin years old- he'll be up on boot hill soon enough.
or drooling in a rest home somewhere in fountain hills - from the airport take the 101 north to shea blvd.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Here is why this doesn't make sense in today's world.

A suitcase with 1million $ in it.

Do you actually think they would just hand it over if you brought in the head of this guy? Thats so dumb you would get shot the minute you had your hands on 1million $.

The "soldiers" that will carry the money, will stay far away from the Cartel boss. Why? So the boss doesn't risk himself during the transactions. This is common sense in black market economics.

Also, these "soldiers" that work for the cartel, would get way too greedy and try to steal the 1million $ for themselves.

They would end up shooting each other for that suitcase of $$$, before the hit man got paid his dues.

It's just a mess. And that is why you will NOT GET PAID ANYTHING $$$ if you try to cash in on this. That million $$$ does not exist sorry. It's all BS.

In the cut throat underground criminal network of the cartels, there is almost no way to guarantee that this reward will be paid.

I'd rather take my chances playing the lotto. And most people think the lotto is faked so go figure.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
if its one thing i know (because im from mexico) is that the cartels dont play when it comes down to things like this

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yeeaaawn, more foxfear.
This one will require us to think.
If you were the leader of a huge drug cartel that was untoucheable by US forces.
Would you……
A. Put out a mix tape of your favorite love songs?
B. Put out a mix tape with your xmas hit list?
C. Just kill the person that is interfering with your operation?
Let’s use some common sense folks a Mexican hit man would cost less than the price of an audio tape and would be millions of times more private.
Good try Faux news.
I do not buy it, … allegedly of course.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

From OP's Source.

But she says what really concerns investigators is how quickly the message may have been spread. "It's going so many different places that our folks are looking at it and thinking well at any given point in time it could land in front of some crazy person who thinks I can do that."

Ok it does not take a genius to figure out this statement.

What is happening is as follows.

Investigators came up with the idea of manufacturing the death threat and initially spreading it around to likely people to spread it around to the target population. Yes, I said it , target population!!

This is a OP. Agencies have the ability to find out who got this text, and who they spreaded it to. One big tree of texts , a perfect picture of who would want to spread news on murder for hire.

The agencies investigating the cartels sent this chain letter on purpose to find the tree of connections within who ever has a cell phone. In my opinion.

This is actually a great Idea.

Whoever got this message is on a list, and whoever you forwarded it to also is on a list.

And we wonder who was meant to fill those fema camps?? I will take a wild guess and say mexican drug cartel members and supporters.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
One thing I have noticed about the cartels and basically all the killing going on in Mexico is that there aren't too many warnings given.

Furthermore, I doubt the old sheriff is even putting a dent in the cartels business.

Just don't buy it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I disagree a million dollars is chump change to them and if they were to do it, it would be to send a message....him being the main "spokesperson" and all...if something like that does happen things will escalate real quick

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I don't think the sheriff will be harmed. He and his force probably don't interfere with the drug trade at all.

Proof? They're still alive.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is a pathetic world we live in. Money rules the land as it always has. I sometimes wish I was born on another planet. But it would probably be the same.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
even though im not a fan of sheriff arpaio, and im sure the mexican cartels arent either, i really doubt there is much truth to that. if the cartels wanted him dead, he would already be gone. arpaio has a sort of 'you cant touch me' attitude, and that would make him a very easy target. if i understood the article correctly, the cartel wants him dead because of sb 1070. the new law hardly makes a dent, if any, on the cartels operation.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Let's see what the federal response will be to a death threat on a US Sherrif by a foreign thug.

I'm guessing the response will a word beginning with the letter "N" and ending with the letters "OTHING."

[edit on 8/1/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The whole things seems just over the top to me. If cartels need someone whacked, they don't advertise it to ensure operational security and besides, a million bucks does seem excessive, I'm sure there are cartel soldiers in Mexico who are willing to do it for much less.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Puts the amount of money involved here into some perspective, doesn't it? Whether this is a hoax or turns out to be substantiated, it's concerning and yet another good indication of just how high emotions and tensions over this are running.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Do you actually think they would just hand it over if you brought in the head of this guy? Thats so dumb you would get shot the minute you had your hands on 1million $.

The "soldiers" that will carry the money, will stay far away from the Cartel boss. Why? So the boss doesn't risk himself during the transactions. This is common sense in black market economics.

Also, these "soldiers" that work for the cartel, would get way too greedy and try to steal the 1million $ for themselves.

I am glad you thought it through Muzzleflash and decided against doing the hit .

===============================================

They have managed to discommode the Sheriff with a simple text message , ....... terrorism at its best . Somebody might be daft enough to take a pot at the Sheriff .

Though the conduit through which the message was received, is more than a little dubious.

A man who wants to remain anonymous says his wife received the text message Tuesday evening. It also included an international phone number and instructions to pass the message along.

link

[edit on 1-8-2010 by UmbraSumus]

new topics

top topics

join