It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Soccer Team Punished for World Cup Failure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by oozyism

So what?

Exactly what is your point?

They had a party.
So they should have done.
It was a great victory for them.

But it was sport!

Did the US government sack the manager and sentence him to hard labour?
Were the players forced to publicly denounce their manager?

Should have seen the party we had when we beat Scotland in Euro 96!

But where's the relevance?

And come on oozy tell everyone where you live whilst you try to spout your anti-west nonsense at any and every opportunity.

So what?

The point is, they rubbed the victory all over your face. They were happy they won, because they won against the US. Get it?

It gave them hope, that the US is not insensible after all.

Did the US government sack the manager and sentence him to hard labour?
Were the players forced to publicly denounce their manager?

No the American soccer team is not state owned

They were criticized, and you are making an assumption that the Korean players were forced to criticize their manager, which shows you also watch too much Western propaganda.

The manager was sacked, he wasn't sentenced to hard labor in camp lol.

Once you are sacked, most look for another job, some continue coaching for kids, some go work in another area, life goes on.

"Sentenced to hard labor", hahahahaha, that is classic.

Been watching too much movies there lol..

I would love for you to prove your point.

I will read along, but won't post, I have made my point, that this is propaganda, supported by the OP if you read his own statements. My point is clear.

Bye.

And prove that thing I told you to prove, I'll still be reading through this thread.

Ohh yeah, I live in NZ, but you knew that didn't you lol. So desperate

anyone can see it in my profile ^^ West Auckland..

[edit on 30-7-2010 by oozyism]

[edit on 30-7-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

WTF are you rattling on about and exactly what have you proved?

Come on oozy your better than this.

What have the events and remarkable achievements of a team who got to the quarter finals of The World Cup 44 years ago got to do with the treatment of this years North Korean team?

You haven't proven anything, again.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I'm starting to wonder if English is your first language. You seem to think that Iran beating the US in a game relates to something in this thread. It doesn't.

The only point you proved is that you cannot stick on topic, and if you disagree with something you laugh at it.
You then seem to think that is proof of something.
It's not.

And prove that thing I told you to prove,

You tell him that, but you don't appear to realize you never specified what he was to "prove" to you. LOL

[edit on 30/7/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
All I know is not one of the major newspapers has provided a source to this story. Out of all the websites running this story, not one has given a credible source. It's been picked up and spread over the net based on peoples stereotypical views of North Korea. Even the DPRK news sites has reported nothing on this, and the have in the past reported many times when Kim has disgraced somebody. Shoddy journalism at it's finest.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

I thought the Guardian WAS a newspaper.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
LOL

You guys been watching this type of stuff right:

www.youtube.com...

hahahahaha

You guys make me laugh. Sorry, but watch it, "my nipples are cold" hahaha

They call training punishment, they call trying to beat world records punishment etc etc.

Everything is a punishment lol

The longest time to balance a ball on your head:

2076hours

wiki.answers.com...

I wonder who this guy got punished by hahahaha

I hope you guys see where I'm going with this, even though I said I won't post again lolies.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Yeah, it is. I mentioned the major newspapers and news sites. My point is not one of them has a source. North Korea is not as closed as all the propaganda would have you believe. I'm just sick and tired of written print being taken as gospel, when so much of it is sourceless - maybe I'm just old fashoned, but I like to be able to trace back stories to the source.

But I don't want to derail your thread, so I'll stay out of it from now on.

Cheers
Shane

EDIT TO ADD - Oozyism - Grow up, please. Show some respect when talking to other people.

[edit on 30/7/10 by shamus78]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You tell him that, but you don't appear to realize you never specified what he was to "prove" to you. LOL

Read the first post on this page again, I highlight for you, me no English, me speak veddy nice.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk... l
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...
globalvoicesonline.org...

Just how hard did you look for other places covering this??
english.chosun.com...

Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported this also, but I don't have a link to any podcast from them.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You are more than welcome by all ATS to post. Just stay ON TOPIC. Please.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Last reply. I've read all of those (and bout 20 others). Not one has a source that that can be verified. Not one. This is what I mean, it's been accepted and spread around without proper journalistic codes being adhered to. Simply writing an article doesn't make it true.

Remember - You should always be able to define the source and trace it back to verify the story. Otherwise, you're just reading fairy tales. Anyway, I wish you no ill will, just wanted to get my point across.

Cheers
Shane

[edit on 30/7/10 by shamus78]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

oozy, I'm English, what do I care if the USA wins or loses.

It's sport, not war.

Hard labour.
Yeah, a bit of an exaggeration

But it doesn't lessen the point.
Sacked for bad results yes, pubic humiliation by the state, no.

I really don't think you understand the reality of life in North Korea.

oozy neither you nor I would last long in North Korea and would probably end up sharing a cell in a very short time, an uncomfortable experience for both of us I'd expect.

Of course I know where you live.
Where you escaped to when fleeing The Taliban yet where you spend all your time criticising anything 'Western'.

But none of that is relevant here.
I think this thread has been side tracked enough.

You have not proven that it is mere 'Western propoganda'and that it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Like I said I don't have a pod cast from RFA. Whatever. Believe what you want, obviously.

I'm not sure how much of a tangible source you can get when talking about a country shut off from the rest of the world by its government. So think the best of North Korea, give them the benefit of the doubt if you want. Kim Jong Ill a nutjob? Noooooooo of course not.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

www.telegraph.co.uk... l
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...
globalvoicesonline.org...

Just how hard did you look for other places covering this??
english.chosun.com...

Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported this also, but I don't have a link to any podcast from them.

All of them sourceless, it is just a claim everyone posted which proves my point again:
Propaganda

I found it:

RFA quoted a source as saying.

If you do a little research on RFA, you would find out it is part of USIA (US Information Agency), which is the forefront of American propaganda machine abroad. It gets paid over a billion tax money.

There is also a RFE (Radio Free Europe).

My point still stands/

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

How many media sources can you find coming out of North Korea?
5? 3?

well here is one FROM NORTH KOREA:
www.kcna.co.jp...

Notice how much propaganda you can see there?/
It ALL is.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by oozyism

How many media sources can you find coming out of North Korea?
5? 3?

Zero

I would rather believe the N-Korean account than the American propaganda machine.

Simple as that.

To end it, this whole issue ends with N-Korean words VS US words.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
don't believe the lies about north korea! it is the people's paradise! great leader provides for every man woman and child! evil capitalist pink face americans make up lies about great peoples republic!! shame on the pink face! in peoples paradise there are candy mountains, whiskey streams, and many rainbow! just kidding, in reality they probably train the soccer team by throwing food and making them run after it, then fight over it when they get there. sort of like how my dad used to throw quarters and watch mexican kids fight over them on our trips into boarder towns as a kid. true story one day he threw a peso or some kind of basically worthless mexican coin and when the kid who finally got it realized what had happened he flipped us off.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I certainly do and it's for that reason why I call it bunk. Western media sources don't have much credibility when it comes to the truth. That much I know.

I watched every world cup game and that is where I got my info from. Both the BBC & ITV mentioned that only the manager lives in North Korea and the rest of the players bar one live abroad.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I agree, only an imbecile would mix politics with sport. If sport helps bring people & nations together, then I'm all for it. Leave politics & politicians where they belong, which for the most part is in the gutter. But western media sources are just as bad & will never miss an opportunity to mix sport with politics. I can remember the game USA v Iran and the media were calling it the "axis of evil vs the great Satan." Need I say more.

www.tomvater.com...

[edit on 31-7-2010 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Politics and sport are toghether in almost every regime.
In Soviet Russia, the professional sportsmen were used to boast the supremacy of the Soviet Union over the rest of the world. A guy can jump 0,4 metre further than his American counterpart? He's gold!
Secondly, professional sport is used to find talents in specific areas of atheltics and then try to recruit them for the army. GRU and KGB did that, especially with CSKA Moskwa and Spartak Moskwa both of which were military clubs. Many of the Soviet sportsmen were actually soldiers who performed as "amateurs" and "civilians" on Olympic games but they were soldiers. Imagine what a great opportunity for an GRU officer, or Specnaz one for that matter, to visit foreign countries, scout the area, accustom himself to foreign land which he would visit in the near future as a sabotage/deep recoinessance agent when the great Red Revolution starts going West.
Kim needed his football team to prove that they're a "normal country" and that they can "win with anyone". When they lost to the Brasil there were voices in the official propaganda that it was allright, that the Brasil was an absolute top, former winners of the World Cup, so it was not a shame to lose against them.
The real blow came when Kim decided to broadcast the match with Portugal. Live. Direct. That was an overkill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join