It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharrod's husband spews racist fear mongering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Looks like there is more to these people than we knew. You cant tell me this isn't racist fear mongering. No different than the KKK worrying about the black hordes. From CNN today:

C. SHERROD (from 2010 speech at University of Virginia): When will we trust our own? When will we feel responsible to save ourselves? Finally, we must stop the white man and his Uncle Toms from stealing our elections. We must not be afraid to vote black. We must not be afraid to turn a black out who votes against our interests.

I'm starting to think these Sharrods are pretty racist people after all.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think you are really reaching for "racism" here. I see nothing more than a man talking about how black people should be more proactive in representing themselves in part of the society they live in. Apparently you see "Kill whitey?"

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by c g henderson

I think you are really reaching for "racism" here. I see nothing more than a man talking about how black people should be more proactive in representing themselves in part of the society they live in. Apparently you see "Kill whitey?"

Besides calling black people who don't vote Democrat "uncle Toms" (a racial pejorative), hes fear mongering about the "white man" stealing their elections.

Somehow I doubt you would be so dismissive if it were a white Republican preaching about the need to stop the black man from intimidating voters with weapons.

This fits right in with Sharrod's strange rants about critics of Obama being racists and Breitbart wanting a return to slavery. Both Shirley and her husband clearly have race issues. Why people like you feel the need to protect them is beyond me. Why do you feel so guilty that you need to excuse hate and fear mongering, when it comes from a non-white person?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Racism is empowered by each of us.

There is only one race.

Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

There is only one race.

You don't need to tell me. I've know that since I was a kid. Unfortunately, the media and politicians have a different set of beliefs.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
He has the right to say what he wants, but it is racist to divide the American people into white and black and assume that skin color means your interests are necessarily divergent.

And, his Uncle Tom comment is offensive. Just because some blacks do recognize that their skin color doesnt determine their interests doesnt mean they are sucking up to white people. It just means they have goals in common with other Americans who are white. Which is their right.

Hopefully when that generation of people dies off completely, the generations that take over wont be as susceptible to that stupidity. Racism is just dumb. There are plenty of reasons to dislike other people, their actions, their thoughts, their words, etc. Skin color is just an idiotic reason, imho.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
A black person should vote for whom they believe represents best their interest, be it black, white, brown, blue, or green...

This man may have been trying to say a black person should vote for their interests, but it came out to vote for black no matter what...which is in fact racism...yep, doesn't get more racist than that.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson

C. SHERROD (from 2010 speech at University of Virginia): When will we trust our own? When will we feel responsible to save ourselves? Finally, we must stop the white man and his Uncle Toms from stealing our elections. We must not be afraid to vote black. We must not be afraid to turn a black out who votes against our interests.

And how is he wrong? It IS predominantly white people that ARE stealing the elections.

As to "our interests" how do you vote? Are you concerned with others interests or your own?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't really see much racism here per se.

It sounds more so to me that he is referring to Obama and voting him out in the next election !

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The Sherrods clearly have an agenda here and the Mr.'s statements only hearken back to an old era clearly indicating that he is part of the group that could care less about racial progress.

I'll just lump him in with Jackson and Sharpton because they are struggling to find a new enemy to fight and they are trying to indoctrinate the modern Black youth in order to perpetuate a fatal philosophy that did not work. Gotta keep the circle of oppression alive or these clowns wouldn't have jobs. Sadly, Obama and his wife are part of this mess.

There is an increasing force in the Black community who are wise to this game and they are not buying it. Surprise, surprise they actually want the same things that the rest of us want. A good job, a home, financial security, healthy and happy kids and above all a future for their children!!!!

When Obama was gloating on the View the other day, he mentioned the Shirley Sherrod case and spoke to the basic fact of not jumping the gun in such matters without further scrutiny of the evidence. Funny, the WH jumped the gun in this case and in the now famous Beer Summit fiasco. That's twice now that Obama has been quick to pull the trigger and point the finger in racial matters. I suppose he is saving his next move for the dismissal and retribution of Charlie Rangel. Surely, Rangel is being picked on simply because he is Black.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
Besides calling black people who don't vote Democrat "uncle Toms" (a racial pejorative), hes fear mongering about the "white man" stealing their elections.

So who is he racist against? Black people or White people?

Somehow I doubt you would be so dismissive if it were a white Republican preaching about the need to stop the black man from intimidating voters with weapons.

That is because you presume too much. Doubt all you like but assuming how I might react to a hypothetical is the intellectual equivalent of "Are too! Too!! TOO!!!!"

This fits right in with Sharrod's strange rants about critics of Obama being racists and Breitbart wanting a return to slavery. Both Shirley and her husband clearly have race issues.

But not you eh?

Why people like you feel the need to protect them is beyond me.

Protect? I am not even sure this conversation is grounded in reality.

Why do you feel so guilty that you need to excuse hate and fear mongering, when it comes from a non-white person?

Who says I feel guilty? What am I excusing? I think you need to be more clear here. I am not excusing anything. I am pointing out the obvious. You have your take on what you see, I have mine. Who is he racist against, black folks or white folks?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by c g henderson]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This was already posted on ATS.

Nice hateful title though. Spread the racism

Pathetic.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wonder if it's a coincidence that a lot of the race threads, are by the same posters?

Hmmmm

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
[edit on 30-7-2010 by c g henderson]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by c g henderson

But not you eh?

No, not me. You?

So who is he racist against? Black people or White people?

I'd say hes racist against whites and blacks who he sees as race traitors. If a skin head was at a podium talking about white people voting for only whites and labeling whites who didn't "race traitors", it would be just as disgusting.

Do you support people of different skin colors only voting for people of their own ethnicity? Do you support demonizing people who don't as race traitors?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
This was already posted on ATS.

Nice hateful title though. Spread the racism

Pathetic.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

Let me get this straight. Exposing racism is in itself, racist? Your racial rules are confusing.

new topics

top topics

join