It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Without hesitation: Wikileaks is CIA and so is Wikipedia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by muzzleflash

Any Conspiracy Theorist worth their own salt will not trust WikiLeaks with a 100 foot stick.Text

Yeah, I've never had a good feeling about them. It's a little too convenient that they are able to bring forth "leaked" government documents on a whim. Likewise, Wikipedia also seems to have an agenda, especially when it comes to topics where conspiracy theories are involved. There's always a condescending tone to their information that never favors the side of the conspiracy theorists. Who knows if the CIA has anything to do with it. It would hardly be shocking if they did.

That 'condescending tone' you mention is an important element to persuasion. That tone can nip in the bud one's curiosity or suspicions about a subject, leaving them to turn away or dig in. If the tone can convince one, through subtle syntax, and from the opening sentences, if done well, to expect ridicule from carrying on the search, then the material is 'hiding in plain sight'; nobody's 'hiding' it, so you feel like it can be passed over. I don't get a good feeling from wikipedia. I never really look at wikileaks, as others bring it forward at ATS. If wikileaks is considered a cutting edge, very fresh source of 'leaks', then I am somewhat in arrears. There's plenty of hard and fast conspiracy going on, from even 100 years ago.

I am merely considering the OP's opening thought. It is a great thought which I had never even considered or heard of. That's what conspiracies are made of...hid in plain sight, fooling everyone, getting them to buy it and depend on it. Cellulars. TV sets. News. And 'leaks'.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

A simple look at the history of the CIA proves it does not have the best interests of the American people in mind.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Its only revenue stream is donations, but Wikileaks is planning to add an auction model to sell early access to documents.

Does that not go against the whole purpose of Wikileaks? They will sell the information?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Information is information...it depends on how any individual assesses that said information that is important.

having an understanding of all sides of the story will help in making logical and practical judgments on the info.

just like things that come through all media...you need to look at who benefits from that information being published.

people need not be blind to looking into the source...and just believing something from one site over another blindly does not do one any good.

as any site has the best of intention when if first starts out..it is great.

but as more and more advertising gets introduced and people want to start making money for a site.....the site itself becomes biased.

It is a part of life.

wikileaks,ats,google,youtube,yahoo,facebook, and any other sites where people interact there become hidden angendas as things move on.

just a fact of life.

but...saying all that...the friendships,the contacts, the networking that gets created amongst members is what becomes important.

because when people talk from all over the world...without fear...that is what will make a differnce in making the world a better place.

open Debate without reprocussion is the most valuble tool that the human race can experience...so we all need to make the most of it while it is availible to us.

[edit on 033131p://f31Sunday by plube]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join