It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Threatens Feds With A SWAT Team

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Whadda you know??...intelligence in a cop uniform with a clear understanding as to where his authority comes from. I thought that kind of cop had died out long ago. Good for him & good for Nye County. I only wish there were a few more like him.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to us! S&F!!!

Through the years I have slowly lost faith in our law enforcement and our government but this man truly inspired me and renewed that faith in the law.

This man literally brought a tear to my eye out of respect for him and the goodness and kindness that he showed. When kids write reports in school on what a "hero" is I hope someone picks Tony DeMeo as their subject, he deserves it!

Wouldn't this be a good part of training for every officer before they get out to protect the people, especially the last couple of minutes?

I don't care if this man is a republican or a democrat, or Tea Party or whatever else - this is a good man, and I hope he runs for a higher office. DeMeo for president!

Kharron

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaxxon

he doesn't own the land, its public land, not privately owned by him... i dont think he should be able to call shots on the water on the public land... he shouldn't be able to re rout the streams onto his private property, or clear all the vegetation around the streams, or let his herds eat every blade of grass on the land... or fence the wild life back from the water... check out the mustang conspiracy, if you get a chance... big bucks in the cattle operations you know... i hate to see the way BLM and dept of forestry have managed the lands... but i will not side with these ranchers using public lands to to profit... all their ranching should be done on private property, and that resources on public land should be for public and wildlife... i guess his mom and pop 759,000 acre ranch just wasn't big enough for him...

[edit on 31-7-2010 by 2012DragonSlayer]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
they killed him, then paid off the family with less then 5 million dollars, for what 12 miles of land ? something like that what a deal, i would say that is really not any kind of democracy

united states is not a democracy but Hypocrisy, while the people get raped and 30 million on food stamps, the government is still killing farmers and taking their land and resources and still have 7 billion dollars to spend on Pakistan while american families face foreclosures and poor life hoods. which idiot is it going to tell me this aint true ? how much has the government spent on you ?
now compare that to the forgiene countries that the united states gives billions and plus the black projects which cost over 200 billion every 3 years
and don't forget Israel every year what 5 billion ?.

things like these really make me want to puke every time i hear some american idiot tell me we have the best country in the world, yes you do idiot have fun

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

To be honest, I've always thought of the U.S. as a mainstay of freedom. Personal freedom, that is. I'm impressed with the sheriff's determination and willingness to sock it up to the feds whoever they were (feds are feds, whatever color and branch they all serve the same purpose).
It's fascinating to see that even nowadays there's still some spirit of that good old America based on private initiative and people, not military-industrial complex intent on milking the citizens and the rest of the world dry for their own profit.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Hats off to the man.

He has the courage to styand up and do his job.

This world needs more people like this.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm thinking that the bible people of the Branch Davidians took a heavy casualty toll on the Feds at Waco, that the Feds sure don't want to tangle with a local Sheriff's SWAT.

I mean, there's so many other easier targets for the Feds to tangle with.

I really don't think that Feds want to fight with Sheriff's deputies. Not when they can all get together over a couple of beers and go bust some illegal immigrants for drug smuggling.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by Come Clean

The good sheriff shut those criminals down cold.

The lesson is entirely relevant no matter who was in office.

The president isn't micro-managing the BLM or the US Forestry Service.

This is a criminal federal government violating the US Constitution and getting called on their criminal behavior by someone with the firepower to back it up.

Yeah it shows the Feds have been corrupt for the last 20 yrs as well.

Of course as a Native American we have posted all the broken
treaties on our walls at our tribal museum.

Not quite enough to totally wall paper the walls, but there is over
a 100 broken treaties with just my one very small minor tribe.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
he needs a mustache...

second

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012DragonSlayer
reply to post by Zaxxon

he doesn't own the land, its public land, not privately owned by him...

That's correct and I didn't say that he did. I said that he owns the water rights to the land as issued by Nevada. The Sheriff mentions this in the first or second video I believe. BLM, which isn't the state of Nevada was trying to take his cattle so that NEVADA would give the rights to BLM, because Hages would have no use for them anymore.

Hage didn't call the shots. Nevada did and BLM tried to manipulate Hage and Nevada to take the water rights away from Hage.

I suggest watching all 3 videos to get the whole story. If not, at least the first 2 all the way through. I don't mean that in a bad way, but it just sounds like that you don't know the whole story.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wish we had more people like this who understood just how useless the FEDS are at every level.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Amazing story. Maybe the integrity this man exudes can rub off on those who serve under him. Makes you proud to know that he would stand up against the Fed not once but several times and threaten them with arrest and possibly violence.
All for the little guy (someone trying to earn a living)

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

It's wonderful to know that somewhere in these united states of america that there is a law enforcement officer who is actually willing to defend the people and the constitution of the united states. Too often mealy mouthed sherriffs and others bow to the agencys "of the government" without consideration for who the government IS. The people are the government. I know that when the SHTF here in my county, the sherriff will cry like a school girl that he was obeying federal orders to do what he was told to do. I know we arre screwed here as far as constitutional rights and someone to protect the people. Thank you for posting the videos.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Every Sheriff in the country should get a copy of this video and Sheriff Macks Book!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KidIkarios

he needs a mustache...

Was that in Pakistan that the law enforcement officers were told that if they had a mustache they would receive additional cash because of men with mustache looking more mean and authoritative?

As this site says:

ASI Abbas, on duty in Garhi Shahu, claims to have the biggest moustache among all traffic cops in Punjab.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Jelonek]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I just took your suggestion.

I talked to my sheriff awhile back, but with the economy, I thought it was time to talk to him again.

I have been trying to accumulate these type videos, and show him how the people are waking up.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Beckett said it will be Stovall's job to investigate charges of political corruption and abuse of power by public officials in Nye County.

Seems to me DeMeo is performing a coup d'état. Even had the DA arrested recently. Launched his own private investigation into funds. Then he started ranting about how he's not going to cooperate in the investigation.

Is he above the law now?
Above the Law

In other news, you guys ever hear of Roy DeMeo from Brooklyn? You should look that guy up.
Roy DeMeo

Oh yeah, he's against concealed weapons permits unless he issues them.
Bully with a Badge

If you guys never hear from me again then you know what happened to me. DeMeo is a thug in my opinion.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

NRS 565.125 Seizure of privately owned animals by governmental entity; approval of seizure by court; submission of order of court to Department.

1. Notwithstanding any provision of this chapter to the contrary, if a governmental entity seizes any privately owned animals subject to brand inspection pursuant to this chapter, the Department or its authorized inspector shall not issue brand inspection clearance certificates or permits to remove the animals from a brand inspection district or for the transfer of ownership of the animals by sale or otherwise unless:

(a) Before the seizure, the governmental entity obtains approval for the seizure from a court of competent jurisdiction; and

(b) The governmental entity submits a copy of the order approving the seizure to the Department or its authorized inspector.

2. The provisions of this section do not apply to:

(a) An estray, as defined in NRS 569.0075;

(b) Feral livestock, as defined in NRS 569.008;

(c) A wild horse or burro, as defined in 16 U.S.C. § 1332;

(d) An animal that is impounded or sold by the Department pursuant to NRS 575.060; or

(e) An animal that is seized by a governmental entity to protect the health and safety of the public or to prevent cruelty to animals.

(Added to NRS by 2005, 1238)

NV Law

Where exactly in Nevada law does it say the government has to inform Sheriff DeMeo about seizures of animals? How does DeMeo know the government doens't already have proper approval from the department that runs federal property in NV. I don't see the state siding with DeMeo. This guy is going to end up in jail.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I predict the following.

This will blow up in the MSM. Then the feds will call DeMeo's bluff. Then the state legislature will be forced to admit DeMeo is dead wrong.

There will be all this smoke and mirror outrage for about a month. Then something else will happen and poor DeMeo will still be sitting in federal prison. All because of his arrogance.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
NRS 565.125 Seizure of privately owned animals by governmental entity; approval of seizure by court; submission of order of court to Department.

1. Notwithstanding any provision of this chapter to the contrary, if a governmental entity seizes any privately owned animals subject to brand inspection pursuant to this chapter, the Department or its authorized inspector shall not issue brand inspection clearance certificates or permits to remove the animals from a brand inspection district or for the transfer of ownership of the animals by sale or otherwise unless:

(a) Before the seizure, the governmental entity obtains approval for the seizure from a court of competent jurisdiction; and

(b) The governmental entity submits a copy of the order approving the seizure to the Department or its authorized inspector.

2. The provisions of this section do not apply to:

(a) An estray, as defined in NRS 569.0075;

(b) Feral livestock, as defined in NRS 569.008;

(c) A wild horse or burro, as defined in 16 U.S.C. § 1332;

(d) An animal that is impounded or sold by the Department pursuant to NRS 575.060; or

(e) An animal that is seized by a governmental entity to protect the health and safety of the public or to prevent cruelty to animals.

(Added to NRS by 2005, 1238)

NV Law

Where exactly in Nevada law does it say the government has to inform Sheriff DeMeo about seizures of animals? How does DeMeo know the government doens't already have proper approval from the department that runs federal property in NV. I don't see the state siding with DeMeo. This guy is going to end up in jail.

Perhaps you should read and listen more carefully. DeMeo asked to see a court order none was produced he upheld the law that their property was not taken without due process. The judge eventually ruled in the Hages favor

[edit on 1-8-2010 by hawkiye]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join