It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you Submit to the Sharia Law regarding Al-Ribā?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
IS PAYING YOUR MORTGAGE A SIN?

Iran's take on riba

...scroll down and click on "banking"

It is known that the banks do not grant the money by way of loan, rather it is in accordance with a valid and shar‘ī contract, such as partnership, ju‘ālah, rent, or the like.

Pakastan's take on riba

It is very essential that Riba should be eliminated from our economy and society without any mental reservation as enjoined by the Shari‘ah. This should include the elimination of Riba on foreign loans also. Our development strategy and economic transactions should be within the context of Islam so that we arc not constrained to infringe the Injunctions of Holy Qur’an and the Sunnah. Once we are determined as a nation to seek the pleasure of Allah, all our problems are bound to be solve

www.inter-islam.org...

"Those who devour usury will not stand except as stands one whom the Satan by his touch has driven to madness. That is because they say, "trade is like usury", but Allah has permitted trade and has forbidden usury"

Hazrat Jabir radiyallahu anhu has reported that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallm cursed the devourer of usury, its payer, its scribe and its two witnesses. He also said that they were equal (in sin).

The literal meaning of interest or Al-RIBA as it is used in the Arabic language means to excess or increase. In the Islamic terminology interest means effortless profit or that profit which comes free from compensation or that extra earning obtained that is free of exchange. Hazrat Shah Waliullah Dehlvi a great scholar and leader has given a very concise and precise definition of interest. He says,

"Riba` is a loan with the condition that the borrower will return to the lender more than and better than the quantity borrowed."

Personally, I kicked my mortgages, credit cards, and student loans to the curb in 2008, I destroyed my credit and have never looked back; nor do I ever intend to. I work for cash, pay in cash, and I will never take out a interest based loan again.

If Sharia Law came to my land, and I was "forced" to live under tenants prohibiting Al-Ribā. Although some of the other rules would indeed be sketchy, I would CERTAINLY be thankful for the religious banking reform.

I am,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I would not submit to any sharia law...its like being a little bit pregnant, its an all or nothing proposition. I like the separation of Church and State and think sharia law is barbaric and needs to be outlaweed in all civilized countries.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Over my dead body i will never submit to the Sharia law even if islam takes over the world.

If Sharia Law came to my land, and I was "forced" to live under tenants of Al-RIBA. I would be thankful.

wow op what heck is wrong with statement i hope your just jokeing?

you should see bosnia under islam, heck even now there people arent happy, it feels like a warzone almost again.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

It will be a cold day in hades before I will submit
to sharia law.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Have any of you taken the time to read up on Al-Riba?

Or do you just hear Sharia and yell, "NO!".

This thread is not to discuss Sharia in full, but to look at the element of Sharia which deals with the concept of Al-Riba.

Can any of you explain Al-Riba to our audience and explain why it is unjust?

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I skimmed through your post before I replied!
Anything to do with islam and sharia law is a
no go in my book!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that people get to pick the portions of sharia law they like and reject the rest?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
Anything to do with islam and sharia law is a
no go in my book!

Do you think Sharia Al-Riba is better for the banks or the people?

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
Are you suggesting that people get to pick the portions of sharia law they like and reject the rest?

Every element of Sharia is open to the interpretation of the individual, religious leader, tribe, or state.

Sharia is a path.

en.wikipedia.org...

Modernists, traditionalists and fundamentalists all hold different views of Sharia, as do adherents to different schools of Islamic thought and scholarship. Different countries and cultures have varying interpretations of Sharia, as well.

----------------------------

But if we focus on the premise of "Al-Riba":

Is this a good thing? A bad thing? Or something to stick your head in the sand about because it is classified under Sharia?

Have you wrapped your mind around the premise of Al-Riba well enough to reiterate it in your own words before you deny its wisdom?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
People I believe the Op is pissed with the Feds and wall street

on topic: Sharia is never an answer. Personally I believe the government should dstroy the wall street and print their own money. Also limit the power of the credit card companies

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I haven't kicked any bills to the curb.
I am mature enough to pay my bills.
I don't need to hope for a scam(sharia law)
in order to get out of my financial responsibilities.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yes, I would accept Sharia banking laws with open arms. Riba is basically interest, and this is forbidden according to Islam. If Riba was outlawed, banking would be a hell of a lot simpler, and I don't think we would be in the financial disaster we are in right now.

Riba (interest) is an unearned, unjust form of income. If I loaned you $100, you owe me $100. Not one penny more. I shouldn't get any extra money just because some extra time has passed. That makes no sense! Where would the extra money come from? What would I have done to have earned it? Interest is false. People should earn money from actual goods and services--not from playing speculative games and hoarding capital. A ban on Riba (interest) and economic justice in light of Sharia would surely give us all some more stability.

If Sharia economic principles were further implemented, there would also be a Bayt al-Mal (House of Wealth) from which the government would be obliged to spend on development, infrastructure, and other projects helping its people. Any excess wealth would also be given back to citizens as a form of welfare or pension. Zakat (charity of 2.5% of excess savings) would also be imposed on Muslims (not anyone else) to help create a balance between the rich and poor. Read about the first 2 caliphs to see how they properly, justly implemented Sharia--not the false Sharia that muslim countries claim to use today.

And for those too bigoted to open their eyes to new (possibly better) ways of thinking, your intolerance is a stain upon this nation's ideals and freedoms.

Also, Sri, I applaud you for kicking your credit cards and debt. We need to learn to live within their means and stop being greedy. We need to go back to true American values of hard work and earning our income rather than looking for easy tickets to wealth like the greedy bankers getting bailouts.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Every element of Sharia is open to the interpretation of the individual, religious leader, tribe, or state.

Sharia is a path.

Islam is a theocracy, sharia is the club that keep the faithful in line. One does not need to embrace Islam to eschew usury. The "interpretation" of the individual is defined by the tribe and its religious leader and is subservient to all of them including the State. Disagreeing with all of them will not save you from being stoned or beheaded at the whim of a religious tribunal. Please state your case in your own words rather then cut and pasting others ideas.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I truly believe that every culture have positive things that the rest can learn from and adopt. So to me functioning financial system that allows economical growth and does not use interest -sounds interesting.
But submitting??? to foreign religious law because of this is at least as problematic as interest practice itself.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Interest is the reason money is loaned, it is the "rent" you pay for the use of that money.....the longer you keep it, the more you pay. Some people do not repay that borrowed money, in the course of time the money available would disappear. Loans without interest elicit no interest in lenders to lend money. We call it economics.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by muftanan

Muftanan , I strongly agree with you on that point about usury/interest. I mean look at it , I bump you in the street , lend you two dollars and ask you back for 4. Won't work will it? But give me a bank and it's a whole new game , let the extortion begin , plant the money tree.

@Sri Oracle , sorry but no gift wrapped theocracy for me please.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Interest is the reason money is loaned, it is the "rent" you pay for the use of that money.....the longer you keep it, the more you pay. Some people do not repay that borrowed money, in the course of time the money available would disappear. Loans without interest elicit no interest in lenders to lend money. We call it economics.

Yes, it is true. And yet there are lots of side effects like rich getting richer and poor getting poorer ,loss of property and such.
So if there is a financial system that allows growth without need for so much suffering, it deserves a discussion. At least in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A lot of people in the world are appalled at the usury that goes on in the United States. This is one of the things they call us The Great Satan or just plain idiots for. Jewish law is the same, I believe. I'd guess Christian law is too. We just don't follow that particular advice.

That being said, I don't believe it's the place of religion or government to make laws about this. It's up to the people. Just don't borrow from usurous lenders or allow your government to either.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I am mature enough to pay my bills.

So you believe the most spiritually mature thing to do is to forever pay corporations interest on money they did not even really have to lend you, to engage in contracts of usury rather than partnership, and to make borrowers alone bear the risk of default?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Personally, I kicked my mortgages, credit cards, and student loans to the curb in 2008, I destroyed my credit and have never looked back; nor do I ever intend to. I work for cash, pay in cash, and I will never take out a interest based loan again.

If Sharia Law came to my land, and I was "forced" to live under tenants of Al-RIBA. I would be thankful for the new banking laws.

I am,

Sri Oracle

Sharia law, perfect for those who cannot manage their own finances. You can't do it on your own, you are too weak, we will dominate you for your own well being so you don't sin and go to eternal damnation.

What a crock of s&*t

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join