It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hi there - I've lurked here for a long while under a different user name, and then decided to bite the bullet and perhaps actually post from time to time. So I got myself a shiny new username (you can call me dandelion), and I'm getting almost bold enough to post here and there! I don't have any outstanding scientific or political knowledge, but I do have the gifts of empathy and intuition.

I don't buy into the whole 2012 claptrap, but I do think that humanity has reached a tipping point where we either focus all on technology, or we search our souls and focus on who we are and why we're here.

I've read lots of great posts, and I a looking forward to occasionally committing.

Pax et Bonum,
Dandelion

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Welcome, aboard,

May your stay here be as enlightening as it is entertaining.

I am curious though, if you had a username before why get a new one, and is that not in contradiction to the T&C?

~meathead

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You got 2 threads

2nd

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hey, your name of your thread made me wonder. Anyway, there`s a book series you might be interested in about humanity & technology where the entire human race divides & goes to civil war with eachother over the decision to pursue certain technologies that give somewhat "godlike" powers. But don`t worry I didnt ruin anything, that`s just the tip of the iceberg. It takes place 700 years from now. Humans have "conquered" the milky way galaxy, but travelling to another galaxy is still beyond reach. The 1st book in the series is called Hyperion. It`s by Dan Simmons, an author who has won prestige in multiple genres including sci-fi, fantasy & horror. I highly recommend this series if you can even stand sci fi for just one second, I think you`ll be drawn into it. The 1st & 2nd books go together & take place 700 years from now. The 3rd & 4th books go together and take place 200 years later, so 900 years from now. While the 3rd & 4th are great because a lot of questions get answered, they would be nothing without the backstory(ies) provided in the 1st & 2nd books. The 1st & 2nd are told in a somewhat of a "canterbury tales" format, which I love. Basically, 7 travellers each tell their story of how they came to be on this particular voyage or pilgrimage. I read the series a few years ago & am now startin it again. It`s awesome how you catch things you missed the 1st time around and how you look at things a little differently after you`ve aged just a couple years. Anyway, welcome to the rabbit hole & good luck on your journey.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join