It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Rejects 9/11 Health and Compensation Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Congress Rejects 9/11 Health and Compensation Act

www.nydailynews.com

Most Republicans refused to back the measure, calling it a "slush fund," and saying it was another example of Democratic overreach and an "insatiable" appetite for taxpayers' money.

The bill would spend $3.2 billion on health care over the next 10 years for people sickened from their exposure to the toxic smoke and debris of the shattered World Trade Center. It would spend another $4.2 billion to compensate victims over that span.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
With two senseless wars raging overseas, started -and supported- by the Republicans, costing trillions of the same taxpayer's dollars they are vowing to defend, withholding the money that will significantly improve the lives of the very people that went in first when America was rattled, strikes me as absolutely vile and petty.

Victims of 9/11 should not be held as a political chip to bargain. If there ever was a time in American history when a group of people should be protected and recognized, this is it. Money should not be an issue when it comes to this.

Given their sacrifice, First-responders deserve far better.

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Didn't Obama just give some car company a few hundred billion dollars within the last day or so?

He can give money to corporations but not to American Heros????

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What has this to do with Obama giving anything to anybody?

The article is about the American people's so-called "representatives" denying the basic recognition to the nation's most neglected heroes!

Stick to the topic! I would really like to know your opinion on it.

P.S. In any case, should Obama request Congress the money required to alleviate the first-responders plight, I am sure it would be labeled as a populist and opportunistic move to score political points (and thus, have the proposal blocked again by the GOP).

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is being covered in another thread...here.

I also posted it right after because with the vastly different headlines it was hard to tell it was the same story.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
First responders are these special humans who disregard their own personal safety in the circumstance of other peoples suffering. In human terms, some might describe it as heroism, love, compassion, selflessness, service to others etc.

These politicians view this magnanimity as weakness instead of strength or fortitude. Given this dichotomy of understanding about what 'virtue' or what being human is, how can Americans communicate effectively with these 'leaders'?

You could start by lining their war chest if you need a response to an e-mail from them.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Ok, I see that the post you referred to shows the democrats' response to the republicans' refusal, so i guess they complement each other.

Thanks a lot for that!!

new topics

top topics

join