It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Blocks Oil Spill Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Pelosi Blocks Oil Spill Investigation

The latest version of the CLEAR Act is slated for a floor vote in the House this week as Democrats look for ways to use the Gulf oil spill as a means to pass elements of their unpopular energy agenda.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) stripped out authorization for an independent investigation into the Gulf disaster.

The Natural Resources Committee unanimously passed the amendment in committee markup July 14 offered by Rep. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) that would establish a bipartisan, independent, National Commission on Outer Continental Shelf Oil Spill Prevention.

Of course, having such an independent investigation might uncover collusion between BP and government regulators, criminal negligence on the part of BP, criminal negligence on the part of government inspectors, and god knows what else that pertains to the leak(s) itself.

One more gold star for the government of transparency.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This does disturb me. Not being beholden to the two party system, I tend to vote conscience combined with critical analysis. However this is particularly upsetting as ...what could it hurt to discover the predicators leading up to this event in order to stop it from happening again in the future. Seems pretty common sense to me eh?

There is something afoot and it trancends party affiliations, It seems that banksters are playing Machievelli very nicely on the people through the respective parties. Hmm Ive used Machievelli like 3 times in 3 days...thats disturbing too

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Yes, it would seem that she's getting intimate with a few important guests.
Maybe cheaters should track her movements for the remainder of her term.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Um...I'm very confused here. Why is it a bad thing that she stripped the investigation OUT of this bill? How is that finding ways to use the oil spill? I guess I'm missing something really basic.

Also, I had to laugh at the REAL title of the page...tsk tsk.

pagename = 'House to Vote on Faux 'Oil Spill' Bill - HUMAN EVENTS '

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Found this quote from the article funny:

“Even more outrageous is this bill’s attempt to use the oil spill tragedy as leverage to enact totally unrelated policies and increase federal spending on unrelated programs by billions of dollars. What does a solar panel in Nevada, a wind turbine in Montana, uranium for nuclear power, or a ban on fish farming have to do with the Gulf spill? Nothing -- but the spill is a good excuse to try and pass otherwise stalled or unpopular new laws,” Hastings said.

Nothing? Really? 'Alternative' energy sources aren't related to why BP was allowed to drill in uncharted territory with very few safety restrictions to get oil to fuel our economy?

Of course its related.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by justadood]

top topics

join