It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incoming BP CEO: Time for 'scaleback' in cleanup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
How strange is this? An American replacement for Tony Hayward as CEO of BP has announced that it's time for a scaleback in the effort to contain the oil from the Gulf of Mexico disaster.

Incoming BP CEO

BILOXI, Miss. – BP's incoming CEO said Friday that it's time for a "scaleback" of the massive effort to clean up the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, but stressed the commitment to make things right is the same as ever.

Tens of thousands of people — many of them idled fishermen — have been involved in the cleanup, but more than two weeks after the leak was stopped there is relatively little oil on the surface, leaving less work for oil skimmers to do.

Bob Dudley, who heads BP's oil spill recovery and will take over as CEO in October, said it's "not too soon for a scaleback" in the cleanup, and in areas where there is no oil, "you probably don't need to see people in hazmat suits on the beach."

He added, however, that there is "no pullback" in BP's commitment to clean up the spill. Dudley was in Biloxi to announce that former Federal Emergency Management Agency chief James Lee Witt will be supporting BP's Gulf restoration work.

I know that the leak's been capped and there's no more oil coming to the suface, but the areas that's been affected should keep up the effort to clean the oil from the marshlands and beaches.

The crews that's been skimming the surface should immediately go to the coast and pitch in there. The sooner that the gulf coast is cleaned, the sooner life can return to naormal for the people in the area.

Is this some kind of BP conspiracy to get out of responsibility by appointing an American so any blame the company recieves can be directed to one of our own or is this another Obama administration game to downplay the severity of this catastrophe?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
and what do you know, it comes a week after the introduction via Rush and his boys of, "What Oil spill, this is natural".

Now it's, "We will scale back the cleanup effort, after all it's not a real problem". These folks are getting just too obvious, don't they know we learned their ways from Bush doing it right in front of our faces.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Normally I do not post on the BP oil diseaster, but did pay attention to the posts that happen, however, when I saw this, I can only conclude that this is going to be a nightmare for a long time to come. BP is playing a dangerous game, doing everything from selling off assetts to different companies, even to accepting a merger with Exxon, and other companies that are not so friendly to the US. I believe that the choice of words was wrong and they are just trying to stall so that way they can spred out the liability and not be punished financially. I believe that this could have been fixed and prevented before getting this far, as the federal government, and different agencies have done everything with in the rules that they have set up to stall the cleanup process, to include keeping the public in the dark when it comes to the actual cleanup process.

new topics

join