It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police filmed dragging women and babies during protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Police filmed dragging women and babies during protest

edition.cnn.com

London, England (CNN) -- A video has emerged showing French police evicting African immigrants with babies and children during a housing protest in a Paris suburb.
Police arrived in the north-east Parisian suburb of La Courneuve last Wednesday and asked a group of about 60 mostly women and children to move, said Michael Hajdenberg, a journalist with the French media organization Mediapart.
The group had been living in the street since being evicted from their council homes on July 8 to make way for a new housing project, he said.
When the group failed to respond to the request, Hajdenberg s
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
oneclick.indiatimes.com
www.viewheadlines.com

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I dont Know what to say whether people are over-reacting or police have used a bit excess force in removing them from the place.
My question is why did they not use only female officers for removing the mother and their children, What was the need to drag them from the site.
Also why didnt th people take the temporary hotel rooms given to them, why did they bring the children to that place.
I want you people to research about this and give your opinion on this topic

Peace

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Those cold hearted cops bet they never wanted anyone to drag their mothers along with them.

Cops have been abusing their power at an increasing rate these days and I am just wondering when it will stop.

But I feel it won't, because as we all know there are people with power and there are people that abuse power.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I also question why didn't they take the housing offered to them?
I video is interesting. I question the one mothers motives for lying back on her infant?

Just strikes me as odd.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What an incrdibly ugly and grotesque world we live in. The reason they didnt take the offer was that it was only a bandaid, a few days at best and then they would lose their position to be in front of their homes and have attention and justice.

ALL PEOPLE HAVE A INTRINSIC RIGHT TO FOOD, LAND, RESOURCES AND SHELTHER WITHOUT ANY BANKS OR EXPEPECTATIONS FOR SLAVERY. ALL OTHER THINGS, LIKE ADVANCEMENTS, EDUCATION AND MEDICAL ARE UP TO THEIR VOLUNTEERING.

I Want this crapola for a world and its ugly fascist dicators and realtors and bankers gone. May the woman and children live in safety and peace any which they decide to organize in copperation. Period. Period. Period.

All these laws are crimes.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Is this part of the "war" France declared on al Qaeda

And pfffffft. I went to a war protest with my mom when I was a kid. We got dragged away by the police too, and a mounted police officer's horse stepped on my mother's foot. So what? Builds character.

Plus if they were at a protest they ought to be fully aware of what could happen. If they didn't want their kids there they should have left them out of it.

READ THE STORY PEOPLE. They were protesting. This is what happens or can happen during protests.

(I swear, some of you are like Pavlov's dogs...you see the word police in a headline and you salivate.)

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I would like to see a movement of millions o fpeople opting out of this system, with all the poor and homeless, and everyone with enough justice in them to sell what they have and join in, growing in numbers so authorities can not do any of this. And set up our own eco villages on the edge of town, farm away and build energy devices. I would join in an a flash, and build some caravan type homes on wheels and nestle them together. We just need to start organizing people and get them united.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It does make you wonder, if those men were ordered to throw these people into lit ovens, would they do it?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Compared to some of the police action on protesters in the US, they seemed very restrained and civilized. No mace, no tear gas, no rubber bullets, no creepy 1984 computerized voices ordering them to ungroup.

It is a shame the poor children were traumatized, but that is on the parents as well as the police, imho.

This is part of the problem with letting the first world governments run rampant around the third world. We create conditions or exacerbate conditions in those countries that cause their people to flee to the first world, and then we have to deal with them at home. Of course they want to be somewhere safer. Where they can eat, and have a decent life.

Its too bad they cannot have that in their own nations. And we need to take hard serious looks to see if our governments and their policies are part of the reason they cannot.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

Updated | Friday | 9:13 a.m. Some Haitians suspected the announcement was too good to be true: that France would pay their nation $22 billion to make up for forcing the former French colony to pay an equivalent sum in exchange for its independence in the nineteenth century. Well, those who were suspicious were proved right Thursday when an elaborate hoax was revealed.

The French government confirmed on Thursday that the statement, in the form of video and text posted a day earlier on a Web site that was a near replica of its official foreign ministry site, was a prank, Agence France-Presse reported.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Not only is the police incredible rude against those protestors but also it raises a question to my mind,

If you are going to a protest, why drag your kid in it.
These women should also now better not to involve kids in these kind of things.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

They were being evicted from their homes... thats where their kids live... So it’s not like they could leave them at home.

I believe what we are seeing are desperate people trying to hold on to what little they have.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

One of the women could have been designated to watch several of the small children while the rest of them did their human chain, or whatever.

I dont disagree with their right to protest. But the kids being involved was deliberate on their part, to make a political point, and its on them if they decide to use their children in such a way. I personally would not endanger my child that way, (if I had one) I would not even take my cat, (which I do have) to a protest for fear of it getting harmed, trampled or generally traumatized.

What happened to the children is on the parents.

The article does say they were squatting in those homes, not that the homes were really theirs, and that some of them are not even in the country legally.

So.................I think the police demonstrated considerable restraint, compared to US standards. The squatters were even offered temporary hotel rooms while the situation was worked out and they still felt the need to make the police drag them bodily from the homes they were occupying?

I dont get the big tragedy here. Immigrate if you like, but the laws of the land you immigrate to apply to you. And dont drag your children into potentially dangerous situations so that you can protest being asked to conform to the land you want to live in.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Think people need to look at the original post again.

The group had been living in the street since being evicted from their council homes on July 8 to make way for a new housing project, he said

They were in the streets not there homes. Police tryed to remove them from living in the streets after being out of there homes for weeks.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Good point. They were squatting in the street after already having been evicted from the homes.

Not being dragged bodily from homes.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Could have been worse how thigns are today. Had those been american plie, those evicted people would also have felt their fists and a good taste of thier tasers and nigth sticks

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I don't mean to be a pest, but who's going to pay for all that food, housing, and what not, that people "deserve"?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Errrrm, next time get a babysitter before going to the riot, err I mean protest.

Other useful advice - never take the baby to the following:

1. Dog fights
  2. Drug deals
  3. Wild west shoot outs
  4. Drinking parties (unless it's an underage drinking party - duh)
  5. Gentlemen's clubs
  6. Opium dens
  7. Caves with bears in them
  8. Bungie jumping

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

This was not a riot that I understood. They were camping in front of a building that they were evicted from. They were offered accommodations while their immigration hearings was in court but they refused.

This is the most upsetting video I have seen, dragging women with babies or pregnant. When has the value of human life ment so little I ask. Shame on them.

[edit on 30/7/10 by Rhain]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I get what you are saying but come on... Organise a designated baby sitter??

LOL

Maybe they could have got another woman to bake cakes and sing songs...

This was not a protest over banning tuna toppings on pizza... this was desperate people trying to hold onto that which they consider home!!

In their mind the temporary accommodation offered by the authorities was just a half way stop to the airport!

Ask yourself this... if you had a baby how would you prefer to raise it? As a poor person in France, or a poor person in Africa??

The word "poor" has a completely different meaning once you cross continents!

It is easy to look at things in hindsight... and it is always easier for those, not going through an ordeal, to watch from afar and say how it should have been done.

But until you are experiencing it yourself you will never truly understand.

Some of them were there illegally... yes... but they are still human beings. Whatever way you look at it, this could have been handled far more humanly by the authorities.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join