It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What alien race is this movie based on??? Battlefield Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What alien race is being portrayed in this movie its from the yr 2000 so kinda late with it but who do you think they are acting like based on information that is out there ATS... As far as there dress code, genetic build and what they used humans for (mining gold) wow. I was just thinking last night about this and wondered if anyone else can give me insight as to what species they are portraying the Psychlos that is....

LOL enjoy and let me know what species you think this movie can be based on.

[edit on 7/30/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

anunnaki

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

I will give who I think as well but good answer friend. And I liked that movie and never put it together till last night. Thanks for you inputs..

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh what movie?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pryed -eyed-one

psychlos from battlefield earth

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryed -eyed-one
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh what movie?

Battlefield Earth... Sorry.
And thanks metalholic.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
After thinking about your question long and hard, and also having both read the book and seen the movie (the book is 1000X better than the movie BTW), I believe that the alien race that most closely relates to the Psychlos, with all of their vile greed, insane rules of operations, and lack of contempt for any race in the universe...well, the answer is obvious....the race known as the Oil Industry Executives, especially their sub race known as BP.

Thank you for your excellent question.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

lol interesting perspective, indeed my friend. Thanks for your inputs. I felt it they were simular to the Annunaki as another posted.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Even though it was written by L. Ron Hubbard, the book is a must read for every sci fi fanatic. However, the movie is garbage.

As for the OP: I don't get the impression that they are representative of any particular ET race. Maybe the Annunaki, maybe not. The movie ends early. In the book there are many more alien races introduced after the humans defeat the Psychlos.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The book was actually fairly decent, the film....well, right up there with Howard the Duck as probably one of the worst ever made....

I personally saw the alien race as being like a blend between the Klingons (strength) and the Ferengi (business) from Star Trek. Although, I swear, I cringed every time I read the word "leverage".... C'mon L Ron....get a thesaurus already!

new topics

top topics

join