It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Friends Like These...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

With Friends Like These...

www.foreignpolicy.com

It’s time to wake up, Washington. Pakistan’s military is running the show in Islamabad, and the WikiLeaks revelations have only confirmed that supporting jihadi terrorist groups aren’t the actions of a few, rogue generals -- it’s government strategy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
With the recent disclosures of wikileaks, what the US media and many topics here on ATS is shockingly mum about US role in supporting terrorism against India by aiding Pakistan.

The Wikileaks logs exposes what India has been saying all along that Pakistan military and ISI is fueling terrorism against India. If you asked anyone in India, there's nothing new in WikiLeaks' recent revelations about Pakistani perfidy. What's more shocking to me personally as an Indian, that how United States was all along aware of Pakistan involvement, had all intelligence regarding Pakistan terrorist activities against India and still did not provide India that material.

For example, the bombing of Indian embassy in Afghanistan was told to American intelligence a week before by Polish embassy but American government did not share it with India. After all, the leaks confirm that the Pakistan was involved in the July 2008 attack on the Indian Embassy in Kabul. Four Indians, including our defence attache, a press counselor, and two officers of the Indo-Tibetan border police, were among the 58 people killed. And that is a clear act of war..That is not only act of war by Pakistan but by United States as well for abetting and funding terrorism against India.

I want to know why? I want to know this from all of you American citizens why are you doing this to India? Why are you funding Pakistan even when you had intelligence that Pakistan was funding terrorism against India? Except the seasonal criticisms towards Pakistan by US nothing else has changed towards in regards to attitude. The funding still goes on, the same funding which helps Pakistan to launch more attacks against India.

Is it because you think these terrorist won't target Americans? Well aren't you wrong there, since last week Clinton said she had intelligence that OBL was in Pakistan territorial mountain region. The wikileaks logs also exposes how Pakistan ISI helps Taliban plan meetings to target US/ NATO soldiers in Afghanistan.

Finally, I want to express my disgust towards the United States Government and each official who helped support Pakistan funding and kept mum even when they had intelligence of attacks towards India. I sincerely hope and wish the American government pay for this someday ten fold times and no I am not Muslim I was born Hindu and now a agnostic.

www.foreignpolicy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by name pending

Man, if American Citizens called the shots we would never have been over there in the first place....

Our federal government is out of control, they've gone rogue, treasonous even.

We don't call the shots anymore.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I feel you, dude, I really do. It truly is a horrible thing. BUT, you're forgetting one very important thing. The US government knew about 9/11 too, yet failed to warn their own people. Don't ask the Americans why they're doing this to India. Ask the rogues in the US government and intelligence community.

But, the emotional side of me have only one thing to say; it really is a f*cked up world we're living in.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The reason I raised this question for American citizens is because US media is mum about this angle and so are many of the posters here on ATS on related threads. No one touched this topic why? Is it because it does not matter when United States funds and keeps pre knowledge of terrorist acts which does not harm American it becomes non-issue? Why no natural American citizen raised this issue? The reason I raised this issue is because I am Indian-American but I did not see any natural citizen raise this context. It does not matter does it?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

There's such a massive amount of articles, files and other info to read in regard to the War Logs. It takes time. I think you just beat everyone else to it, dude.

Edit to add: And as said, it mentions the talebans as well as being supported by Pakistan. This supports what we already know, that the ISI funded Al-Qaeda as well before 9/11. So I don't think it's a matter of it not being about American casualties.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Of course it matters. You live here.. seen anything about this on the news? News papers? MSM articles? Most lay person Americans don't even know wikileaks even exists.

as for ATS..

I think it's less caring and more people aren't surprised.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The Washington machine has become nothing more than an orgy of power. Whether it is the right or the left. These goobers get elected, get a little taste of money and power, then the senior members tell em: "don't worry about your constituents, there are ways around them. And if things go badly we have the police and miliatry to enforce our legitimacy." Please don't mistake my remarks for that of someone wanting anarchy or sweeping removal of capitalism. Just a thorough cleaning of Washington, and making examples of the worst offenders.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Let me pose a question to y'all here on ATS.

What do you guys think will happen to Pakistan now that it's come out they're supporting, not only Indian terrorists, but (in the eyes of Washington at least) more importantly, the talibans of Afghanistan. What will Washington do against them?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
We're not doing it to India. Certain out of control idiot subfactions in our government are. Question is...what's India going to do about all this? Hmm?

reply to post by David_Reale

Nothing will happen to Pakistan...yet. First, they have nukes. And second, they have not quite outlived their usefulness, and it's not their turn to be colonized for the pipelines yet. Even when it is their turn...well they have nukes.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

What will we do? Probably nothing. We finance Pakistan through intelligence agencies, that finance the ISI, which finances terrorists and brainwash people to blow themselves up. Then the world governments can crack down because of the danger of terrorists. The real war is against the people of the world, and against freedom. I'm sure eventually we will destroy Pakistan and take over, but for now they're useful.
I'm american, and I didn't chose for any of this to happen any more than you did.
The media is controlled, and a joke. The only ones saying anything true sensationalize so much no one believes them anyway. Alternative media like the corbett report and the occasional rogue reporter on MSM is the only news I pay attention to. Thats why no one knows whats going on anymore. The reporters and journalists who actually talk about real issues and criticize anyone powerful have to live in fear.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Ah, yes, the plutonium pills. I forgot about those. I guess it'll take a while before a full-scale invasion takes place then.

More's the pity. God knows who else those ISI pigs are funding.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
surely you don't hold the american people responsible? because that includes yourself as well citizen.

yes, it can be said that americans need to reign in their government. the same can be said for every people of every nation of the world.

i'm the man, you're the man, we are all "the man".

superpowers have fought wars and conducted clandestine operations using proxy for a long time now. this strategy is nothing new.

if a nation is willing to do this to it's own people, then why would any other nation be exempt from the same treatment?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Of course Pakistan is aiding the Taliban. Guess who was the biggest ally of the Taliban when they were running things in Afghanistan. Do you think they suddenly started hating them because of America?

They take our billions in aid and hand it over to our enemy. With friends like Pakistan who needs enemies?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
name pending they are busy looking for things in the Wikileaks files that have some thing to do with them selves first. just like you did for India. I dont blame you or them. now You are doing some thing. thats good. you should send the info to some one in India. as for the American government, it is playing all sides in a globle game to take over the world. the dont care about the American people at all. they done care who dies or suffers. the people in America will do nothing to save them selves. it will take the army to save them. but only after the government starts mass killings of American people. they are doing it in secret now.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Budda, if it came down to it we would do something to save ourselves. Why do you think we don't have martial law yet?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

To be honest, my belief is that the US knows Pakistan is supporting the terrorists - and is happy with that situation. The US doesn't want the war in Afghanistan to end. It has every interest in keeping it going and lots to lose by ending it.

So, I am guessing they will do nothing except perhaps make a statement to quell any public concern. Americans will swallow it. End of story.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I think what you are saying is true. What I just don't get yet is why the American people won't do anything to save themselves? It does appear to be true, all this legislation going on which is stripping away all their rights, all the fraud, theft of national funds, corruption, etc, etc, and they do nothing.

Can you help me understand?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

What will it take?? What needs to happen before 'it comes down to it'?

new topics

top topics

join