It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Wikileaks, now Facebook. Is this the death of privacy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
In my opinion, this author of this article really missed the point about Wikileaks:

I wrote a few days ago about an appalling misjudgment by Julian Assange, founder of Wikileaks, who released over 90,000 documents leaked to him relating to the war in Afghanistan. Well, it looks like another scandal is about to blow up. This time concerns personal privacy rather than national security – but the parallels are striking.

Source

What "striking parallels"?

The author infers that Wikileaks is a security risk, that governments are responsible benevolent organaisations and any atrocities or laws broken are for our own good, and therefore should be hidden under the cloak of "national security" - just in case we embaress some politician or general.

Doesn't Yiannopoulos find it ironic that advocating the muzzling of Julian Assange, he is also advocating censorship on all media? These are the kind of people who gleefully offer up all their freedoms to a government, but will scream the loudest when they realize they no longer have the right to independence of movement, speech, and thought.

The Author
Milo Yiannopoulos writes sceptically about Web 2.0 and social media but enthusiastically about the internet in general. He's a familar face on the London tech scene and conference circuit. At the moment he's all about start-ups.

Sad.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
WOW

facebook is about PERSONAL DETAILS, that no one needs to know

wikileaks are about DOCUMENTS that provide details about OPERATIONS that were hided from the public

come on, you need to be a total moron to not know the difference

and its impossible to make any type of correlation between the two

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Exactly ... the author made one pointed comment about the documents being sent to various media outlets instead of posting on his site, but perhaps he considered this so important that it needed to get to a wider audience.
I mean, before ATS, I had never heard of WikiLeaks, now almost EVERYONE knows about the site because of this.

Unfortunately, Wikileaks is going to be a victim of it's own success - it's firmly in the cross-hairs of those who prefer their skeletons buried.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

top topics

join