It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods are on the ball today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't get a chance to applaude the Mods often, given that I am usually just a bit of a ghost here. This morning, though, I have been kind of on a binge with the Alert button, pointing out little things that I have spotted here and there that need fixed and overall being a bit of a busy-body. To my surprise and appreciation, these issues are all being fixed in almost real time.

So Kudos to the mods on duty right now for their great response time and just a reminder to the members that the ALERT button is not just for complaints. It is meant to let the mods know that there is something that should be looked at. I also use it to recommend applause when someone does something prety remarkable.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

be alert...
the world needs more lerts.

to be free of view your poo threads IS kinda nice...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i think the alert button and mods should be removed from ATS entirely.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Sorry, coffee has not kicked in yet.. What are you saying here?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222
i think the alert button and mods should be removed from ATS entirely.

Oy, no mods and no ability to notify said mods of issues "in the wild" would bring about the death of ATS. Nevermind the easy things that would litigate ATS into the ground (plagarism by way of not using quotes), but the libel lawsuits and "promotion of terrorist activity" stuff might put SO and the others in prison.
Mods have a place on ATS for sure.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have to agree, I used to be quite critical about the Mod’s. But recently they have been doing a really good job i can think of a couple of my own threads were they have done a very good job, so credit where credit is due.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Good referees are essential to a good game...I started out in the old GLP days....
look what that site and others like it degenerated into.
Its better here.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
OMG - Could you imagine how trashed this site would be without the mods.

I've alerted posts before that are really gross and inapropriate with inapropriate language and pictures.

So.. I'll remain a lert.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Lerts are VERY COOL.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thanks for noticing.

Our newer Mods are kickin' butt. (which I think inspires us all to be more engaged.)

But remember two things:

1 - We ARE members too. We have opinions and sentiments that are just as normal as everyone else, which leads me to...

2 - We are human. I really appreciate it when people can accept our apologies when we make mistakes, or just 'miss something'.

Story to reinforce....

Once I was particularly enthralled by a thread, and was composing a post to join in. It took me about an hour, in that time I had been u2u'd several times on different issues... I didn't intend to ignore them, but it may have come off that way for some who were desperate for an action to be taken to fix something, or calm a posters zeal...

Also, like some of us, I have abovetopsecret.com open in my browser all day... even while I step away... so...

Moral: The "Alert" button can be your friend at such times, as more than one Mod can see see it and help.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Good referees are essential to a good game...I started out in the old GLP days....
look what that site and others like it degenerated into.
Its better here.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Danbones]

Got it now. Totally agree.

need more coffee... *drool*

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That might explain my "offtopic" penalty I
received.I was having so much fun until the
ATS police(mods') showed up!
Then everyone has their halo's on and the
trouble makers run like cockroaches off the
board.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

That might explain my "offtopic" penalty I
received.I was having so much fun until the
ATS police(mods') showed up!
Then everyone has their halo's on and the
trouble makers run like cockroaches off the
board.

LOL No that wasn't me. I haven't been on any of the threads you have posted on today.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well Mods cannot be everywhere.

It does take Audience participation to "Alert" a Mod of an issue that needs to be addressed. If nobody hit the Alert button most likely unless a Mods reading the thread they will not know what needs to be addressed.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
MODS ARE HUMAN???? No way? I know your really just a government program that is designed to keep the discontents with something to keep there minds on!!!
and the people that control the government are NOT HUMAN www.abovetopsecret.com...
Now that I had my fun lololololol I have always thought the mods have a good reason to be here and mostly do a fine job . and are most defiantly Human .
but maybe the mods could upload a UN photo shopped photo to prove there human ? lolololol

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
MODS ARE HUMAN???? No way? I know your really just a government program that is designed to keep the discontents with something to keep there minds on!!!
and the people that control the government are NOT HUMAN www.abovetopsecret.com...
Now that I had my fun lololololol I have always thought the mods have a good reason to be here and mostly do a fine job . and are most defiantly Human .
but maybe the mods could upload a UN photo shopped photo to prove there human ? lolololol

And from what i hear, some are goddesses...*smirk*

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Fezs are cool. I dunno about the mods around here but fezs and bowties are definitely cool.

-m0r

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
reply to post by Springer

Fezs are cool. I dunno about the mods around here but fezs and bowties are definitely cool.

-m0r

HA! I love it! Yes, bowties are cool, Doctor. Dunno about Fez's, though.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Oh wow do I feel stupid - I've been here since May, thought I was learning my way around pretty good and now someone tells me there is a "lert button". I have seen posts I wanted to point out to the mods, where might this button be found?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Never mind, I just saw it, lol!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join