It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangers of 2012 Conspiracies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

What can I say? I gotta take my shots at being smart whenever I can.
Even if it involves me being an arse.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
LOL I hear yea, I do it too.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Quick question, why would anyone want to kill themselves if 2012 turns out to be just another day.

Wouldn't you think people would be happy there is no apocalypse no alien invasion and no WW3?

The simple truth that so many people are going to commit a mass suicide because of 2012 says there is alot of problems with the current world.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I am probably late on this but Y2k was nothing more than a scare of sorts for people owning old computers and fear that when the date hit 0000 it would not work again. Y2k had nothing to do with the end of the world nonsense.

however, years ending in 000 always freak people out. This has been proven over the centuries. People thought 1000 was the end of the world for crying out loud.

But I believe 2012 is a significant date of sorts. It is an end of something and it could be a drastic thing. But it also falls on the Katun 2 of the Mayan calendar:

Katun 2-Ahau: For half of the katun there will be food, for half some misfortunes. This katun brings the end of the "word of God." It is a time of uniting for a cause.

Sounds to be coming true.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienslayer

More or less a lot of weak-willed people. If nothing happens, then humanity is on a self-destruct sequence anyway. Karma is a bitch.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Actually, there were a lot of end of civilization concerns in Y2K. The belief was that the failure of computers across the world would cause trains and planes to crash, the loss of GPS, inability of computers to pay people, shipping to cease, jails to release criminals, etc.

The Y2K problem was believed to cover more than PCs. People quit jobs, bought guns and ammo, built fortresses, and planted fields for their food. Some of these people were computer programmers. That fueled the fear in others.

The internet is controlled by Unix boxes. They do the same wrap in 2038 as other computers did in Y2K.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Why do people keep bringing up Y2K? It had the potential for being a man made computer glitsch but it was sorted. End of.
Frankly I don't give a stuff if loads of people kill themselves out of fear of 2012. They may just be right, anyway. Ha ha....
I do care though if the young, the old, those with disabilities are caught up in it. I do care if a bunch of morons decide it's an excuse to go on the rampage and innocent folks suffer.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thanks for posting guys, some interesting comments being made. I think the comparison to Y2K is fair, its probably the most recent event comparable to 2012, I would have said that Y2K was a bigger concern compared to 2012.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I agree. Unlike 2012 most people knew about Y2K. It was in the MSM. I knew lots of people checking software for Y2K issues. It was in the trade journals. Solutions were bandied about. Very few people know about 2012 claims. It may seem like a lot of people do, but that is what we call sampling bias. Just because it is discussed here does not mean that people in general are aware of the issue.

Are there any main stream media discussions of this topic? I haven't seen much of anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I don’t think its something the MSM would bother with. Its not like there is any hard scientific evidence that even suggests there could be a problem and if my memory serves me right there was in 1999.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
But I believe 2012 is a significant date of sorts. It is an end of something and it could be a drastic thing. But it also falls on the Katun 2 of the Mayan calendar
(emphasis added by me)

I'll agree that it is the end of something. But every year our current calendar ends too and I don't know of anyone who looks at it as anything but a new year beginning. We don't even talk about or celebrate its ending but rather the new one that's beginning, hence New Years Eve and New Years Day. Our calendar, like the Mayans, is one that starts over when the current one ends. Yes, their calendar is longer than ours but it still continues, rolls over and starts again. Just like ours.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's also important for people to know that there was another event in 2000 that was overshadowed by the computer concerns. In 2000 there was an alignment of all of the planets. It was suggested that this was going to do anything from flip the world upside down, nullify gravity, tear the moon away, unbalance the sun, create a black hole, and so forth.

Then in 2003 there was another astronomical event in which Mars was unusually close. I recall camping on the north shore of the St Laurence and seeing Mars rise over the waters and creating a shining red line. It was beautiful. Then again, I was patiently listening to someone tell me how this was going to wrench the guts out of the Earth to cause volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and the destruction of society. This guy was all twisted into knots, but said he'd lived a good life and wasn't too upset for himself and the destruction of the world, but he thought my young son was losing out because he had little time to live. Seems that the 2003 Mars viewing was just that - great viewing.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Suicide pact? Easy way out?

This doesn't make any sense to me at all. Let's say for a moment (a very brief moment), that something indeed will happen and will devastate the world as we know it.

- I for one will for sure WANT to be in full force view of the atomic blast, or super wave or volcano or Nimibuloo or whatever. Why in the Hell would you off yourself, and subsequently miss the most amazing spectacle ever? Imagine a gigantic wave comin toward you! A huge nuclear flash! A giant astronomical body hurdling toward Earth! Yeah it's only like a milisecond of joy before you're obliterated, but still. I would love to see that. I want the front row! Why would anyone want to sip on Jesus juice spiked with Vicodin and Valium?

Am I the only one that would love to witness the devastation first hand, if it is in fact impending?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

LOL great way to spin my words like I agreed with you. You must be a lawyer.

I stated the Mayan calendar was backed up by katuns. This is what makes the Mayan calendar more special than any linear calender. The calender showed that history repeats itself and from 2012 to 2055 it doesn't look good for humanity.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So what if the Maya used several different calendars? The katuns don't tell us anything interesting except for a shortage of squash and corn. The use of multiple calendars doesn't make any one of them more important and certainly I do not see that the use of calendars implies anything other than linear time.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I didn't think I was agreeing with you. I thought I was disagreeing with you and trying to prove my point. If we're talking about katuns and a period of 43 years beginning in 2012 then it's just another reason that more than likely nothing significant will happen when their calendar ends.

And no, I'm not a lawyer

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Suicide issues have been brought before, concerning planet x. The reality is there is a lot of evidence including underground bases for very bad plans in place, whether they be cosmic, relating to the mayan calendar, the pole reversal we now have underway, and planetary lineups or any other information, or whether they plan on using wars and diseases as they usually do, we the people need to study, be aware, do the research ourselves, draw our own conclusions, stock up and always be prepared, also with energy for we live in a fragile bubble and that is by design.

As for who is weak enough, or maybe, M Kultra'd enough, as if I don't think most of the scare tactics of the suicide cults were ordinary events, cause I don't, (its always problem, reaction, solution), to actually kill themselves instead of researching and preparing for the future whatever it is, and contributing to nudging others to wake up and see the fasdcism and bildenburg set for what it is, that is not something that will deter anyone from writing, sharing or researching.

I get very upset watching the news, I spent a lifetime growing up not sleepign at night, lighting candles for each and every victim I ever heard about.

I imagine the news has caused many crimes and suicides. Shame on them.

We don't need to have control of information, by a big fascist nazi daddy who pretends to be concerned for our mental health.

He can shove it. In fact that group that works for the leaders/bloodlines/worlds mismanagement team, can shave big fat zeros on their heads and retreat into caves to study their navels and contemplate, and chant, "Oh What An fill in the blank am I!"
Maybe that way they can avoid being brought to justice in the end.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Unity_99]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join