It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Buy G.M's Electric Lemon?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think I am going to drive my internal combustion engine because there is no problem with the source of oil.

Artificial scarcity is caused because IDIOTS believe that the government is looking out for them.

Hell, look at gull island, maybe people can learn how to use google. Maybe not, some are quite ignorant.

Then, the ignorant masses could understand that oil, is not actually fossil fuels. It is time for the world to realize that what you were lied to about as children, is a fabrication.

If hydrocarbons exist on other planets in the universe, does that mean T-Rex existed on MARS?

Oh well, what else will the SHEEP believe?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The sheep will follow there masters voice. We may all be sheep but who is are Master.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
No, the Volt is not even on my consideration list for a new vehicle, nor is any other GM vehicle.

Government Motors stopped being a motor vehicle company years ago. They turned into a life support company for badly negotiated union contracts funded by poorly manufactured overpriced union made vehicles. The only vehicle GM makes anymore with any hint of quality is the Corvette, simply because of it's exposure in the performance car world.

The workers at GM know they don't have to be competitive in their market segment because Obama will just give them more taxpayer money to sate their appetite.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
There are a few facts you should know about the Volt

Yes it takes a standard 120 volt outlet but at a 30 amp load.
this means rewiring your garage.

Hmmm...Well not according to them. Link Please?

Is a special outlet required to charge the Volt?

No, you can plug it into any standard 120V household outlet. Or you could have a 240V charging station installed in your garage — it would require a dedicated electrical circuit similar to what is used for your clothes dryer.

www.Chevrolet.com/Volt

Plus they are talking about a over night charge. Right 10 to 12 hours.

At ten hours every night at 30 amps your electric bill will be about $200 a month just for your car.

They are talking 10 hours charge if you fully drain the battery...I'll be generous and give you the 10-12 hour claim....but $200 per month???

Link Please..or even some math, they claim $1.50 a day, that puts it at $45 per month.

How much does Volt cost to charge?

Electricity is an extremely affordable way to power a car - the average American pays less than 12 cents per kilowatt hour. If the average American drives less than 40 miles, it will cost about $1.50 a day for electricity. That's about the same annual cost as running a common household appliance. To save even more, some utility companies recommend charging overnight for off-peak rates and may even offer incentives to customers who do so.

www.Chevrolet.com/Volt

What is the volt.
Its a car for the rich tree huggers.
Let them work the bugs out of it and see how it sells.

I am betting that few tree huggers will buy them.
Does Al Gore need a car.

Oh...I get it now. You weren't discussing facts, you were discussing politics...in the way Rush or Glen do.

Now the lack of supporting evidence or links makes sense.

Never mind then about links or math...I misunderstood your motivations.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My immediate question is if there is a highway collision between a Volt and an internal combustion engine automobile, which driver is more likely to be killed in the collision.

I just don't think that refurbished golf carts are ready for the American highway.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Have you even seen what this vehicle looks like?

American automakers used this same argument 20 years ago, "Can that aluminium car stand up to solid steel?! That's just unsafe!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join