It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bus bench ads tell us doomsday date

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If you are in Colorado Springs you just be treated to the chance to sit on one of 10 benches that a Marie Exley has rented to advertise the end of times.

Springs bus benches predict end of world next year

Her conviction is so strong that, though unemployed, she's paid $1,200 to buy advertising space on 10 Springs bus benches through October to get the word out. The ad says, "Save the Date! Return of Christ: May 21, 2011, WeCanKnow.com."

Okey, dokey. I love this. It means that the date has been pushed forward. We don't have to wait too long to find out that this is another dud. I wonder. At the rate this is happening, maybe there will be a dud day every day for years to come.

I just hope that this person does not end up homeless because she spent her rent and food money leasing advertising space.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well, if that's the case I'm rather disappointed because it means I'll miss the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand 2011!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I would be really sad to be in this woman's shoes. Now people are pushing for 2011. Looks like 2012 is taking to long get here. She's unemployed and she was able to get $1,200 to do this. This is just so ridiculous.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Buses like predictions are always late and then two come along together.
So I’m thinking Dec 2012 maybe.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
She is emphatic that the date is a specific date in May, not December. She has also gotten other people to follow up on her date.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Wow I didn't know you could rent space that cheap, that's cool.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I hope she gets what she is after, though I can't help thinking what a wonderful town this would be is all of the fundamentalists disappeared.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Isn't there an exit in Colorado Springs that names a fundamentalist group as the place where you are leaving the interstate?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Not that I am aware of, though there are 3 mega-churches off Interquest parkway.

I told my wife to take the digital camera this morning. She will snap a shot of the bench if she drives by one on her way downtown.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by 0zzymand0s]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
I hope she gets what she is after, though I can't help thinking what a wonderful town this would be is all of the fundamentalists disappeared.

Star from me Ozzymand0s.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Mmm $1200 to advertise and get ALL this publicity for the site WeCanKnow.com

Not a bad scam if you ask me

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Wow! Seems like she missed that whole "No one knows the day or the hour....." part of the bible. Either she just skimmed through the good book or perhaps was only energetic enough to glance at the coles notes.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by draxenth
Wow! Seems like she missed that whole "No one knows the day or the hour....." part of the bible. Either she just skimmed through the good book or perhaps was only energetic enough to glance at the coles notes.

I just copies the following from the wecanknow.com website. It addresses the "thief in the night" (which I always believed to be true). Seems there's more the the passage. Hope this helps.

"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night."
"For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape."

Text
"But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."

Here we discover that there are some people who will not be caught off-guard by Christ's second coming. We have all been taught time and time again that Christ's coming will be like a thief in the night, but here we have a clear statement (at least, it's clear to us now) that it will not come as thief for the children of the light.
"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."

The light of the world is Christ (John 8:12). Therefore, the children of light are the believers. They are the ones God is addressing here. Verse 6 then reminds us to watch:
"Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober."
1 Thessalonians 5:2-6
"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night."
"For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape."

Teachers have always used these verses as proof that people will be caught off-guard by Christ's coming. It is true that these verses are teaching that, but verses 4 and 5 instruct us that there is more to the story:
"But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."

Here we discover that there are some people who will not be caught off-guard by Christ's second coming. We have all been taught time and time again that Christ's coming will be like a thief in the night, but here we have a clear statement (at least, it's clear to us now) that it will not come as thief for the children of the light.
"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Her conviction is so strong that, though unemployed, she's paid $1,200 to buy advertising space on 10 Springs bus benches through October to get the word out...

...I just hope that this person does not end up homeless because she spent her rent and food money leasing advertising space.

$1200 dollars on these signs and nothing will said about it. However, if she had bought a six pack people would be outraged about deadbeats wasting their benefit money.

How can this person possiblly be able to pay rent or buy groceries? Unless she has been socking away a little bit for months in preparation for this, she had to have 'diverted' funds from elsewhere.

Perhaps the church will help her out as a 'Thank You' for the publicity.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
How the hell does an unemployed person accumulate $1200 of spare cash to blow on advertising? I have a job and I couldn't afford that, lol.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Being unemployed does not mean your a dead beat, it means you don't have a job, does not mean she does not have savings.

Many many rich people do not have a job.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't see this person as a dead beat. Instead, I see this person possibly putting themselves in a bad financial position because of this expenditure. I hope the expense was placed on a credit card. That could balloon the $1200 fee for the advertising to many times that number unless it is paid off promptly.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Whooohooo, May 21st is my birthday!...
I'll be 48 on this momentous day!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
maby shes getting some kinda tax deduction? and good call on the unemployed thing dosent mean your broke just outa work,and disablity insurance in california for a mental dissablity is like 1100 either every week or every month i forget so u can get that quickly

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
As most Coloradans know, Springs is a haven for right-wing nutjobs and religious zealots. There are some very seriously mislead people living there.

I suppose the same could be said for most of the world, but it's a strange thing to note: Denver is a very "liberal" city, the Democrats are becoming more and more popular there.

Springs is the opposite, usually all the districts in the area send Republican congressmen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join