It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food: The Ultimate Secret Exposed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Part 1

Part 2

Not a big fan of Alex Jones, but I always thought that Food was being used as a weapon before, those familiar with my threads perhaps know this about me.

Again not a big fan but Alex but he does make excellent points here that I cannot disagree with.

It's true, it's so hard to find food without chemicals added, I can't find alot of soft drinks or gum without aspartame and fluoride is everywhere.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I am really not a fan or Mr. Jones, this video is rather good however. I already knew about the Aspartame stuff so I just don’t drink it anymore. I do however think that he was scare mongering quite allot, as he does in all his other videos. And did he not shoot himself in the foot at the end by saying don’t worry most of this stuff is now organic so just buy that and you’ll be ok, there is not growth hormone in you milk anymore and no fluoride in your tooth paste.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
When I was a kid it was said that margerine would give you cancer. Turned out it was the butter people who were funding the scientists who said it.

Then it was saccahrine that gave you brain cancer, turned out the sugar people paid for that.

If aspartame was eating holes in my brain I would be dead by now.

Alex Jones is a ninny and not even a convincing one at that.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Sorry, I just can't buy into the whole food as a weapon notion. I would need some pretty concrete evidence

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The depressing truth is that if you've seen it advertised on television or heard of it on the radio, it is probably not only loaded with synthetic chemical's "gifts to humanity" but it is very (very) likely to be based upon more profitable genetically modified food stuffs.

Same can be said of ALL fast-food, whether they claim it's healthy or not.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Wow, please check some more about aspartame before you label it "safe". don't shoot the messenger, A Jones, hold his message up to the light of reference and learn.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
By the size of Alex Jones, he must chow down on all the stuff in the video when nobody is looking.

You don't get to looking like he does without eating a bunch of junk!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
By the size of Alex Jones, he must chow down on all the stuff in the video when nobody is looking.

You don't get to looking like he does without eating a bunch of junk!

You can get it just by eating alot of fruits and not being active.
Fructose is the sweetest sugar!

My father is kind of chubby and he's vegetarian and never eats any junk food of any sort and has been refusing to eat outside for the last 20+ years.

What you are saying is completely untrue!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I am vegan, and not extremely active as it's really hot in Mississippi right now.

I wear the same size clothing I did when I was in high school, which is a size 6.

I graduated quite a few years ago, and had 4 children, including a set of twins.

So, for some it what you say might be true, and for others it isn't. Even if you are vegan and over eat, your going to gain weight.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Genetic patenting and manipulation is of concern to me i think they're playing with fire and there will be unforeseen consequences as this technology is in it's infancy.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Food is being used as a weapon against us...If you can't see that, go have a bag of chips and a coke!

Since the dawn of mankind, what has been the human diet? Organic foods and meats. Along comes "science" (backed by corporate greed) and in the last 100 years or so has introduced so many new chemicals and treatments and "foods" to our diet that many people are completely disconnected from natural, God-given foods.

I'd bet my left nut that the top three killers in America (Heart disease, Cancer, Stroke) weren't even on the top 10 200 years ago. Of course we don't have the scientific records to find out, and the science today is being fought and repressed by throngs of corporate lawyers.

The Europeans woke up many years ago, when GMO's raised their ugly heads, but the Americans...well we just cheered at the lower prices and bought all that crap up. That pretty much gave Big Agribusiness the green light to ramp up their efforts to engineer fatter animals , to make plants grow faster and bigger, with no regard to the future health of the consumer. We are $$ to them, nothing more. They feel justified using any means they can get away with to increase profits, because the American consumer hasn't made their voice heard.

Jones is right though about the trend towards organics in America. Finally we are slowly waking up, but don't worry. Big business is already angling to manipulate and control the word organic too. Did you know that Stonybrooks Farms Organic Yogurt uses "Organic" dried milk from China? Or that much of your organic fruit in the grocery aisle comes from all over the globe, often from third world countries that have little agricultural regulations and oversight? Did you know that the "USDA Organic" label has become a sham already, and industry is working hard to loosen it's already weak standards?

Finally, did you know that the FDA/USDA is beginning to raid true organic producers and disrupt the flow of real foods in America? Organic meats and dairy businesses are targets today...will the Farmer's markets beon the list tomorrow?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by blamethegreys]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_xi
Sorry, I just can't buy into the whole food as a weapon notion. I would need some pretty concrete evidence

Well if you just let it all go over you're head never look for the studies, yeah, nothing will be concrete...but it is all out there. We plainly know this garbage is bad for us. We see a high occurrence of cancers, 90% percent blockages of heart arteries and diabetes in diets that are rich in foods containing MSG, Aspartame, Hydrogenated oils and GMO's.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by INQUISITION11
Genetic patenting and manipulation is of concern to me i think they're playing with fire and there will be unforeseen consequences as this technology is in it's infancy.

The media can handle it, they're best friends with corporations, and government.

an aside: Aspertame is now called 'aminosweet', so look for both words on your labels.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
aspartame
saccharin
MSG
Partially-Hydrogenated Oils/Trans Fats
High Fructose Corn Syrup
Mercury
Growth Hormone
GM Corn/pyrethrin

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
The Europeans woke up many years ago, when GMO's raised their ugly heads, but the Americans...well we just cheered at the lower prices and bought all that crap up.

Yes! Absolutely. In the UK it tends to be half and half and we do have quite a large overweight population here who really don't care that much what they eat. The other half, as with a lot of continental Europeans, well, have you ever heard the theory that anything in a high enough concentration will be absorbed through the skin? In fact it has to be more than just a theory, because in high school history we are taught the Tudors were poisoned by the pigments they wore. In order to pull the people who are more self conscious into the dragnet, you can bet your left ball that our cosmetics (and there is a big push for men's products these days) contain a similar concoction of evil so either way you are getting your recommended dose of toxins.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
google Percy Schmeiser if you want to know about GMO
and what monsanto is all about

3rd generation rats fed GMO are stunted and sterile and stupid.

what jones is sayiong isn't even the tip of the ice berg,
it is the tip of the tip
but hey don't listen...

look up soft kill
and then look at your children.

SANDF

pS aspartame has been connected to lupus and MS and brain damage, among other things like carb craving
it breaks down into formaldehyde and isopropyl alcohol in the blood stream or over 80 some odd degrees F like in your tea or coffee
by all means eat lots.
cancer is a minor problem with it...and while you are at it look into how it got FDA approval
or don't...

Jones dumpers are hilarious
he underplays the actual truth so much sometimes.
it isn't funny

poor people in britain live ten years less on average then rich people in Britain

PPS Rufus I love your handle and AV thats classic
[edit on 31-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
A nice primer video for those who are unaware of this. I'll send it along and see if anyone pays attention. As it's not too long, maybe someone will.

I'm off to go food shopping. Such a pain as I have to go to different places to get the good, or halfway decent, items I want. Ugh. I can't even trust the items I do get, they are most likely tainted also. I do the best I can but it's probably not enough.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
very good! cheers!
everyone should watch this and start thinking and stop eating macdonalds and playing on theyr "i-pods"

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

'Alex is scare-mongering'. I Hate to point out how disagreeable that statement is. The more awareness about supermarkets poisoning the masses, the less people will get poisoned. How dare slam anyone who is raising such awareness, do you have a heart? A concern for others beside yourself? Aspertame could kill your child. It was, and remains, mass unpunished negligence at best, psycho-demonic sadism against humanity at its worst. Every incident of it isn't measured simply by what damage it is doing, but by how much damage it Could do to the ignorant ... but does ignorance demand punishment??? ... NO, I say. Does a cow deserve slaughter for not resisting the trip to the slaughterhouse? Let's also attribute to them Innocence. So bash Alex if you like; it is ever your free will and perogative to do so. Keep in mind that your stale smears are also in the process of punishing good deeds, and perhaps reconsider your stances for the sake of the future.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join