It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Idea - Lets look for a way to poison 20% of Earth's Freshwater Supply !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have just read this about the need for Fuel exploration and I know the Russians have a good ability when it comes to submarines but then when they start to Collect whatever they find - Don't you just worry it might pollute, affect or even destroy LAKE BAIKAL and all that it has ..?

www.bbc.co.uk...

LAKE BAIKAL

The lake holds 20% of our planet's surface fresh water
It is 25m years old - the world's oldest lake
It is also the world's deepest lake - maximum depth is around 1,640m
It is the Earth's largest freshwater lake by volume
It is also very clear - in some places, one can see down about 40m
Is home to one of the world's few freshwater seal species - a nerpa
Over 1,000 plants and animals are found nowhere else

Will we ever learn ??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Can't believe no one else finds this a worry especially after the GoM situation..

Guess it must be the weekend again then ...

Regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Sadly many people are very fickle and selfish... When it happens in their country you will get hundreds of replies about being "mad as hell" and demanding action... In someone else’s country? Not interested!!!

You are correct though... It is worrying, and in a time when fresh water supply is becoming a valuable asset...

Someone once said "the next world war will be over water, not oil"

We often take fresh water for granted... but it is a precious gift that should be cherished and protected.

Nice thread

Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Muckster

Thankyou for reading it ... It is actually quite important and perhaps educational as well...

Aside, i watched that film recently and approve of your avatar...

Cheers

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well I did read Putin went down in there last year and seen some pyramids or something non sapien sapien and now this must occure, smh..

[edit on 7/30/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Its true.... We covet oil now but when our fresh water supply becomes limited we will all fight over it. And by the time we collectively realize how precious water is it'll be too late. Even now with all the oil spills happening and global warming causing droughts. its scary to think what will happen. Where I live the main water supply had radioactive material get dumped into it because no one was paying any attention and the government was blinded by money and pay offs. The same thing will happen to this lake too if we are not careful.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Ophiuchus 13

Seen some pyramids ???

Non Sapien ??

Where did you hear / see that ?

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

On ATS of course lol, where else. THIS LAKE BEING 20% OF GLOBAL FRESH WATER SHOULD BE OFF LIMITS TO ANY TYPE OF ENVORONMENTAL STRAIN... And yea some of the materials I read on ATS... I think it had to do with lights were seen exiting the lake thread or something like that....

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
20% OF the world fresh water in ONE lake WOW man i want to see a airily view of the whole thing .
as for resorces that nay be there at the bottom humans will take what they want when they want. after all for years every one was against gulf deep oil drilling and even tryed to keep shollow wells from being drilled.
but all it takes is one fuel price spike and they are shouting DRILL baby DRILL.
we can be one with nature when it suite us but once its inconvient we change our tune quickly .You no less then me . bet you run air bet u run a car with crappy milage bet you use water to defecate and urinate in then need to be able to drink it

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Ophiuchus 13
I only joined ATS this year, a quick search for the lake has revealed threads concerning all sorts....

Ufo's, Strange life-forms and Circles... i did not realize..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BUT still we, as humans have to start to look for FUEL to perpetuate our feeble existence and if that involves RISKING this lake and all it has.................................................................................................................................. How sad is that...
Thank-you for the info

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

No prob. friend, anytime. And very sad indeed (clean energy time or no energy)
2nd

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It's in Russia .... so no-one cares

I saw the other day that due to pollution Lake Baikal is in danger of losing it's world heritage site status

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

S$F OP
i was totally unaware of this ! Thanks for posting a very important issue !

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Essan

Your Russian Pulp and Paper mill has obviously beaten me to the point here.... When will we learn..... even if it is in Russia..

I fear omly when it is too late ..... as usual..

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

new topics

top topics

join