It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The days of a FREE lunch in the UK are Over !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
All out-of-work benefits and tax credits could be scrapped and replaced with a single payment as part of a "radical" shake-up of the welfare system.

That is the headline in a story I have just read here in the UK.

It's sort of about time too because the whole Benefits system seems so complex and complicated, inefficient and un workable that a change was definately required....

www.bbc.co.uk...

It is interesting that the previous Government (Labour) have critiscised these plans saying there will be a start up cost of £7BN and yet the officials who ACTUALLY work within the benefits system and departments say they can save £9BN from actually making more simpler .....

Goes to show the previous Government just didn't KNOW it's arse from it's elbow....

My only hope is that we do still protect the really vulnerable in society BUT i am sick of all the abuses of the system over the years...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
All I can see if I will believe it when I see it.. but if they do then I will say a big hoorah.. its so flawed it is unbelievable.

- Those that need it don't get it.
- Those that do don't.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

As the philosopher Jagger said:

"You can't always get what you want, or what you need".

They've been looking to ditch incapacity benefit for aeons now - and the Tories are just the party to do it (Normally against them, but in this case it needs a revamp).

-m0r

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

m0r1arty
If your normally against them but on this subject your with them, then I applaud you for being able to ignore the Red/yellow/blue party political line that others follow regardless.
It is amazing sometimes watching and listening to debates / arguments in which the 'common sense' option does not get a look in because everyone is squabbling childlike supporting their political parties...

The sooner everyone adopts your open attitude then the better...
Regards

PurpleDOG UK

new topics

top topics

join