It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 million for the head of Arpaio : Cartels

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
pexx have you witnessed this in person? been there on both accounts?

because if you have been there and personally witness everything you say i will yield to you

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I dont know exactly what you are asking....but i have lived in maricopa....and i have worked in psyche wards where we deal with many of the prisoners who our system have destroyed emotionally. I have seen the patterns of abuse and abuser, it IS my job, and i have recognized how we absorb how we are treated, and we often become that which we hate.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
i was asking if you had personally been to any event where the sheriff or his deputies mistreated or did anything criminal to any illegal or citizen.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
Arpaio is a bigger problem than the cartels will ever be.

Stand aside, let them have their fun. Once he's dead you can go back to playing war games.

Arpaio is scum, really.

I figure this post will get removed for what about to write but are you retarded?

I figure you must be to say a sheriff just upholding the law is worse then the criminals dealing in death and destruction. He does not make the laws just enforces them.

The people of this country and this world have their heads so far up their own butts. Up is down and black is white.

This logic is weak minded at best and delusional at worst. You truly make me sick.

Subjective Truth

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Actually he is correct, if America didn't buy drugs, the cartels wouldn't be in business.

I figure you must be to say a sheriff just upholding the law is worse then the criminals dealing in death and destruction. He does not make the laws just enforces them.

Arpaio consistently goes beyond his purview as a law enforcement officer and treads on the territory of cruel and unusual punishment.

Now do I wish him harm? No, I hope he lives a full and fulfilling life and burns in hell for his cruelty to people here.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This is stupid - an anonymous text message from Mexico offering a $1 million reward for Arpaio's head.

Good luck getting paid! Any 12 year old could have started this text message, and everyone's taking it seriously?

This is worse than The Onion.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

My gosh, I would give you 1000 stars if I could. Will thank you suffice? I am amused to find (having logged in to reply) that you are a mod. Greyt job, ATS!!
Spot on, burdman!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
I dont know exactly what you are asking....but i have lived in maricopa....and i have worked in psyche wards where we deal with many of the prisoners who our system have destroyed emotionally. I have seen the patterns of abuse and abuser, it IS my job, and i have recognized how we absorb how we are treated, and we often become that which we hate.

Thank you for this confirmation.

Recidivism is a problem, the current systems are broken beyond repair. What kind of human being enjoys the suffering of another? Even when it was their own fault? Yet some sit here and berate condemned men, they include people who are not yet condemned of anything.

The communist russian government marched prisoners to the jails, but had to change the travelling times to at night, because russian people have sympathy for prisoners. They threw food and spare blankets at them as they were marched through the towns. Read Alexander Solzhenitsyn Wiki for an insight into the soviet gulags of the 60's.

The problem with the US jail system is that it is a capitalist system, taken to a logical extreme. Prisoners are profitable. Rehabilitating the sick of society is not. ERGO, it shall be in the capitalist masters best interests to incarcerate the sick (upon whom they profitted making sick) for as long as possible, repeatedly. That they claim this system works is an insult to our intelligence.

Why are the citizens of arizona defending wrongful death lawsuits worth millions, and not in fact enjoying a bounty which could be shared??

Arpaoi is a puppet show of the macabre, an insult to what we call civilisation. And until we change our leadership to people who are truly compassionate, these problems, like illegals and ciriminals and abusers of power, will only get worse.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
They say the true measure of civilization in a society is how it treats its prisoners. As to the privatization of prisons, it naturally leads to corruption and abuse, like privatization of public sector needs generally does. Recall those two judges in Pennsylvania who were found guilty of sentencing thousands of children, again and again in some cases, to incarceration when the kids were innocent, just to get kickbacks from the private prison. Horrifying. All these thousands of kids lives where potentially ruined so these ALREADY WELL PAID JUDGES could turn a bit more profit.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Not breaking news, so not worthy of a new thread, but read this, and well, just read it.

htt p://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2009-05-28/news/two-statutory-rape-allegations-tell-us-everything-we-need-to-know-about-the-mcso-s-priorities/

How the MCSO Neglected a 14-Year-Old Rape Victim

MCSO= Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Stand aside, let them have their fun. Once he's dead you can go back to playing war games.

Arpaio is scum, really.

While I have some serious issues with Joe Arpaio's methods, putting him in the same category as the cartels is absolutely and patently RIDICULOUS. Do you have ANY idea what the Cartels do? Maybe you should read the history of groups like MS13 and El Azteca before you go spouting off ridiculous generalizations like this.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Arpaio is scum, really.

I couldn't agree more with you, Arpaio is a piece of trash in my eyes. With a 1 million dollar price tag on his head now, I'm sure that even some Americans would think about taking him out. Kind of scary.

You're talking about murder here. Exactly how does that make you any better than Joe Arpaio? We should encourage due process in this country and not encourage random profit driven assassinations because we disagree with someone and how they conduct themselves. You're starting to wander off into Lenin/Red Terror territory here and it's really unattractive.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

reply to post by ThatDGgirl

Thanks for asking. Joe Arpaio is the enemy within. He has been eroding civil liberties for years now. He is very high profile, and believes in being media friendly, with many attention seeking episodes. Pink underwear being an example (for awaiting trial prisoners too).

He is unfortunately also very expensive, due to several lawsuits that have been ruled against him and his dept recently. Wrongful deaths being the most common reason. He is very good at depriving rights, dignities and medicine to people.

jonsjailjournal.blogspot.com...

There's a good start, someone who (rightly) went through the system. However what he found wasn't right. He shared his story, and the others he met in these facilities stories. Mothersagainstarpaio is a group that seems to have disappeared, but made a lot of information available about the sheriff over the last few years. None of it complimentary.

The cartels are a problem, but they are an EXTERNAL threat.

Prisons are money making machines these days, and people like joe use them against the population, for personal gain.

THAT, is why i say he is scum.

The cartels are just a external problem? Why don't you ask the people in El Paso about those stray bullets that have been coming over to the US side from the Mexico side while they are having their turf wars.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by justinsweatt]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Actually he is correct, if America didn't buy drugs, the cartels wouldn't be in business.

Arpaio consistently goes beyond his purview as a law enforcement officer and treads on the territory of cruel and unusual punishment.

Now do I wish him harm? No, I hope he lives a full and fulfilling life and burns in hell for his cruelty to people here.

Which is why we should push for complete decriminalization of marijuana and other light drugs like mushrooms. Hell, I'd even be for legalizing coc aine.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt

Originally posted by Procession101

Arpaio is scum, really.

I couldn't agree more with you, Arpaio is a piece of trash in my eyes. With a 1 million dollar price tag on his head now, I'm sure that even some Americans would think about taking him out. Kind of scary.

You're talking about murder here. Exactly how does that make you any better than Joe Arpaio? We should encourage due process in this country and not encourage random profit driven assassinations because we disagree with someone and how they conduct themselves. You're starting to wander off into Lenin/Red Terror territory here and it's really unattractive.

Show me where in my post, that I showed I supported murder of any kind? I actually went on saying that I think it's quite frightening. Did you not get that from my post?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Was referring to harryhaller not you. Meant to use his quote and wound up putting yours in by mistake because I wanted to address another thing you said.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Arpaio is scum, really.

To you, posters that post similar thoughts and the people that give your posts stars.

You are actually condoning a foreign drug cartel putting a bounty on a U.S. sheriff and then killing him?

Mods: if drugs are a taboo subject on ATS, then surely advocating the murder of American law enforcement people by drug cartels should fall into the same category. No?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The US puts bounties on the heads of foreigners, even elected officials ... all's fair in love and war. Isn't it?

Red territory? ROFLMAO ... Yeah, damn commies coming to get you!!

You got sadists enforcing "justice" ... and you're worried about me? You're in serious trouble friend.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

The US puts bounties on the heads of foreigners, even elected officials ... all's fair in love and war. Isn't it?

Red territory? ROFLMAO ... Yeah, damn commies coming to get you!!

You got sadists enforcing "justice" ... and you're worried about me? You're in serious trouble friend.

Yes, the US does put bounties are heads of state, but mostly for capture into military tribunals though I won't deny that we have our fair share of assassinations in our history. That doesn't mean that I'm all that happy about it and that doesn't mean that I don't find in unconstitutional under our due process claus.

Yes, Red Territory, the example that was given in th 20th Century through nefatrious acts to define Communism. You might want to read the history of the Red Terror after Lenin achieved power in the months after the October Revolution. Murder without trial. They did the same thing in Cuba after the fall of Batista, and this has been done many times over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join