It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Demands US Stop Meddling In Its Affairs, Wants Acceptance As World Power, Issues Thinly Veiled

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Something that's almost a prerequisite to being a superpower is an industrial base. Soviets never had it and couldn't sustain their hegemony as a superpower, and now they're not around.

US had the most extensive industrial base of any country, but not anymore. We shipped our industries overseas, all so a handful of fatcat tycoons and their government cronies could get even wealthier. We no longer have the industries to sustain ourselves as a superpower, all we're doing now is bleeding the middle class dry and once that's done, the US will follow the Soviets in collapse.

Just look where the new emerging industrial class is arising, those will be your next superpowers - China and India.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
China worries me, mainly due to the fact of the army at it's disposal :s

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Former President Herbert Hoover said it best! "The only problem with capitalism is the capitalists."

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Yep. And control over the water, natural gas, and oil pipelines in the Middle East and Central Asia TO these countries is a large part of what the "wars" there are all about...getting India and China what they need to sustain their industrial bases, and it's why they and Russia (who also wanted control and is still waiting for an opportunity to wrest it away) and most of the rest of the world sit and watch and wait and don't really align directly to what is going on in the ME. They are waiting to see what happens while dumbass America tries to recover some semblance of the power and control they GAVE AWAY.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i would point out this:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery: Information from ...
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Imitation is the sincerest of flattery. [1820 C. C. Colton Lacon I
answers.com/.../imitation-is-the-sincerest-form-of-flattery -

the USA is fast becoming a central planner government...just like China's experiment with communist-capitalism is now.

health industry, auto industry, oil industry, banker czars system,
rationing is next... keep in mind that parts of China have their electricity turned off in their unofficial curfew hours...
will be soon to follow in that tradition?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Here is more information on Mixed Economics.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Be wary of China...very wary.

That country is a COMMIE state, meaning a dictatorship at work, and its citizens enslaved. Only the bootlickers of the Chinese Communits Party (CCP) would support and protect their favoured status and priviledges, created off the backs of the pitiful common chinese people whom are our fellow humans, brothers and sisters.

If the CCP truly wants to be a super power, then it has a MORAL obligation to respect universal human rights, and will be respected in turn. Unfortunately, its record in this area is dismal, made worse by the unlimited corruption that the priviledged elites flashing their dictatorship members card had scammed and milked off the people.

No matter how benevolent you may think China (the CCP) is, through its actions in the world, they are only doing for their self interest, not for the chinese people nor humanity. This corrupted party is NOT the saviours. Read up their records and you will know this is no lie.

If you think the western NWO is rapacious, you have not met the eastern one yet. At least the western one will leave you a penny or two so that you will not entirely starve. The eastern one will rob every penny and make you owe them big time, with a gun to your head if you fail to pay back and will not hesitate to pull the trigger, then make your loved ones pay for the bullet..

They are commies after all, power hungry always, made even worse with capitalist greed they now realize of they are truly capable of and the tolerance threshold of the silent unarmed population. That is the worse and potent mix for ultimate control and rulership for eternity.

When China (CCP) rules the world, we free men will be in deep *SNIP* just as their own citizens now woken up to the unshared riches and left behind in developement realized, kept in poverty, used mercilessly as slaves, as well as those whom had been subjugated by them such as Tibet.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sat Jul 31 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
china makes complete and total [snip]

theres is noone on this site or in this country. screaming and running out and saying oh [snip] i wanna buy chinese.

while most of us realize that. we know the real reasons business move to china.

ask yourself how the hell can it be cheaper to have something made 10,000 miles away than it is 5 miles from where you live.

every single liberal on this site will say oh well thats just the greedy corporations. WHICH IS A LIE.

its those liberals who have created the situation that made them leave with their laws, regualtions,their taxes.

you liberals forget who make up 99% of those corporations- 99% of them are just people like you trying to make a living. not every single of them are excutives.

everytime a business moves out of this country thousands of people become out of work and this happens thousands of times every single day.

liberals want you NEED you to beleive everything they say hook line and sinker. the real reasons they want you to hate the rich, banks,corporations is they cant stand nor tolerate anyone ANYONE IN the country who can tell the to [snip] because the more self reliant YOU are theres no need for liberals/democrats(BIG GOVERNMENT)( this is why business and financed have been destroyed and what little is left is destroyeD THEY cant have a world where you can make yourself self relaint)

fast private business is dying that being business here and this want it to they are eliminating everything tool the american has had in the past to raise themselves up.

20 years ago i could throw 100,000 in a money market and make 60,000 a year or i coulda threw 100,000 in a mutual fund and it would have made a 1,milliion

YOU CANT DO THAT TODAY. and why is that??????????? liberals and their laws and their regualtions.

and those laws and regs have stopped the maddovs of this country havent they.

you pretty much think im off topic but im not.

so how does this tie into china? well simple china is communist and there are no liberlas there.
china is pretty much like how the us was when we acutally had a industrial capacity.

china will be a superpower becuase they have the manpower they have the $$ and they dont have liberals

people take a closer look at business and banking in america please just dont take the party line and jump on the hatred bandwagon.

at the core of every bank,corporation,rich person is
YOU the consumer
YOU the taxpayer
YOU the voter
YOU someone just trying to survive in this world with every increasing odds.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by neo96]

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sat Jul 31 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What? Production style companies leave the US and other 1st world nations because in the US they have to pay much much higher wages. And as for corporate taxes China has one of the highest in the world and they do not have loopholes. And what does any of this have to with liberals? And why do you think they are not in every nation on earth. In fact to most of the planet we are viewed as overly conservative.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have an excellent reply for China.

Instead of continuing to borrow money from them...

SLAP TARIFFS ON THEIR SLAVE LABOR PRODUCTS!!!

SCREW YOU CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Tariffs AND don't buy their junk? I haven't bought anything from China since 1990, unless I got fooled. This was for a lot of reasons, most of which proved to be well founded. Sorry if that offends anyone or seems unworld-citizenry of me.

I think both China and India piggy-backed off the hard work of Americans who were betrayed by the corporations they worked to help build for a measly buck.

The Chinese system and the Indian system didn't work for them, so they stole ours from us. But they will fall again because these corporations will move their work to other slave nations to save a buck. And they will not have learned how to sustain, like we clearly did not. The Chinese workers are already forming unions and quitting if they're not happy. Good luck to them with that. We can tell them some stories about what to expect.

This was simply another soon-to-fail experiment. You know, I believe that every country should sustain itself within itself and prove certain basic human decencies and a certain standard of care before it is allowed to play in the global economy. Like Star Treks prime directive but for nations instead of planets. And whether they have nukes or not shouldn't come into play. (Just thought I'd throw that in as food for thought.)

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Tariffs AND don't buy their junk? I haven't bought anything from China since 1990, unless I got fooled. This was for a lot of reasons, most of which proved to be well founded. Sorry if that offends anyone or seems unworld-citizenry of me.

I agree. But try to buy electronics that aren't from China....damn near everything isn't made here anymore.

I make American products. I work for a small business that buys their stock from another American small business....and we are sell to American hospitals and auto companies. Nothing foreign that I know of.

Whenever I go to a store, I always look for American. ALWAYS....everytime. It's damn near impossible to find AMerican made products.....yes...they are out there....but it's very difficult to find. The problem is made even worse, as those who are already struggling will buy the cheapest regardless because they have no choice.

It would be a great thing if Americans started supporting AMERICAN businesses.

There was a time, not long ago, if you bought something that wasn't American made, it was frowned upon.

If you worked at a GM or Ford plant, and drove in a Toyota to work, people would destroy the vehicle.

WHY?

Because they new it didn't support their own jobs.

WE NEED THIS SPIRIT BACK. How can we ever expect our country to come back from the brink when we do the very thing that keeps good paying jobs out of our country?

We need tariffs.....we've got to have them....not only to bring jobs back...but to help curb the deficit.

Our trade policies are complete insanity.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
David. Electronics not made in China are hard to find but not impossible. Sometimes you have to cave in. Overall, I find it's not as hard to stay away from Chinese products as most people might think. There are websites that list American/Canadian products, which is pretty cool.

One thing I think might still be happening is that they're getting sneaky about where things are made now. You really have to dig sometimes, and the barcodes can be a clue.

[Funny story about that. I was in a national chain pet store a few weeks ago trying to buy rawhide chews for my dogs. Couldn't find any made in the USA (vet said not to use any from anywhere else because they use some poison in the curing process). Anyway, after checking all packages to no avail, I found the store manager and asked why they didn't carry any made here, that I had checked and couldn't find any. Well he got really huffy and indignant and said, of course we do, then dramatically led me to the aisle of rawhide. I suspected what was going to happen but didn't say anything. He picked up a red, white, and blue package that said USA Something Company and thrust it at me as if to say, you dumbass. I took it, flipped it over, and pointed to where it said Made in Colombia. He said he'd look into finding some. I just said, nevermind...Target has em. I'll just keep going there. LOL]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
the usa is the largest importer and consumer in the world...

can you imagine? can you imagine if we made and bought our own shjt?

there would be no national debt none at all imagine the tax revenue that would create..........

simple fact david those days are over no matter how much we want them to come back.

simple fact it is too expensive to do business here and will become even worse.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If we could buy our own stuff, would we really care anymore that it's a few dollars more? They sold us a bill of good on the "savings" too...even WalMart is outcosting Target on MANY items now. They're sneaking it in...just like they snuck it by us that WalMart wasn't so Made in the USA anymore.

Quality items LAST longer. If you buy one item at $X and it lasts a month, wouldn't you be willing to buy the same item for $X+1 if it lasted say six months? I'd bet many Americans TODAY now see the fallacy of that bill of goods we were sold and at what expense.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
IF it were only a few dollars.

every penny counts
every dollar counts

and all that adds up to millions and billions of dollars

dont kid yourself if you ever get to a point and say meh its a few bucks you end up screwing ourselves later.

i wish it was that simple but it isnt.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The Chinese enjoy what they have because the governments of the first world, sold out their people so the corporations could have cheap labor. They cry foul anytime anyone tries to make them play on an equal playing field.

Do a few bucks add up overtime yeah they do but as we have now learned or should have learned that philosophy is penny wise and pound foolish. Those few dollars you have saved have directly lead to more money going to the social entitlement programs than they were really designed for, costing you far more than you would have paid to keep those dollars in our economy.

One of the big problems this nation has is it doesn't plan out for the long term. Just look at all the cigarette taxes as an example, the government wants people to quit smoking, yet if that happens with the current taxes derived from cigarettes that go to pay for a great many things what happens when no one smokes? Programs will go unfunded and be worthless. But it doesn't matter now because the politicians that passed it can say we did this and that and when the funding they were so lauded on getting is gone it will be whoever is in charges fault for not funding those programs. Who cares if those programs were built on an unsustainable base.

Its the same thing with the off-shoring of American manufacturing jobs, they didn't care that it was a completely unsustainable ideal. In the short term it lined their pockets, and Americans bought it hook line and sinker because from grade school we are taught what is the better bargain, so they never bothered to look at what the long term ramifications of what buying those products would do. Now the perceived better deal isn't looking so hot now that the middle class is decimated.

America became what it is because we were a success selling to ourselves first. China never had to sell to it's self they got all the benefits of our hard work without having to do any of it themselves.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The point I tried to make but apparently failed miserably at was that look what we've done to ourselves to save a buck and that it wasn't really saving a buck on a few levels. Cheaper goods don't last as long. In addition, look at what we've sacrificed and lost for those cheaper goods.
We've virtually allowed our country to be pulled right out from under us.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Just look where the new emerging industrial class is arising, those will be your next superpowers - China and India.

And in the process we have also managed to EXPORT our manufacturing and industrial pollution abroad. It's a double edged sword.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73814dd7a611.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f1fd0785974.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcc73da299e7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/196232227f5d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e46c812bb33.jpg[/atsimg]

Unbelievable pollution in China – yet the US is the baddie at Copenhagen

We’ve made so much progress in the USA. 75 years ago, we may have witnessed some scenes like this in today’s China. Unfortunately, the de-industrialization of the west just moved the western problems of the past to a country that doesn’t seem to care much about pollution control.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well while we would still have to deal with pollution from manufacturing a chief advantage for corporations to send jobs to India and China is they do not care much about pollution. In the US the government does have a tendency to want to contain pollution as much as possible.

Costing corporations more money, which they like to cry about because it takes some of their profits to do so. So basically they want to be irresponsible with the welfare of the planet so they can rake in more money, yet again failing to look at the long term consequences of what they are doing. Until the mindset becomes one of lets try to achieve the maximum sustainable profit instead of the maximum amount of profit at all costs. This Country and the World will continue to pay the price for the few to get richer and richer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join