It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Demands US Stop Meddling In Its Affairs, Wants Acceptance As World Power, Issues Thinly Veiled

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

China Demands US Stop Meddling In Its Affairs, Wants Acceptance As World Power, Issues Thinly Veiled Threat

Alternate headline: Is US ready to recognize China as world power?

It has been a while since political bickering over who can piss the farthest was an issue of global concern. Today, China communist party’s mouthpiece People’s Daily has released an essay in which the country once again resorts to thinly veiled threats against the US, and demands that not only the country’s territorial demands in the South China Sea be uncontested, but that the US accept China as a global power , as the alternative could promptly generate the appearance of rocky relations between the two countries and “no one would like to see the negative effects rocky relations would bring to China, the United States and possibly to the world as a whole.” Of course, with China the world’s biggest creditor nation, and holder of anywhere between $800 billion and $1.2 trillion (assuming all that London flotsam is really Chinese stealth accumulation), Beijing can rest assured the essay has been duly noted. Of course, with the administration doing one wrong thing after another, it would not be at all surprising if the president’s advisory henchmen seek to push the tenous relationship as far as it can go, and truly test the decoupling (this time it IS different, Jim O’Neill said so) hypothesis, however with nothing but downside if decoupling is finally proven true (breath holding not advised).

And from peoples daily (see links below):

The U.S. government has repeatedly made it clear that it would welcome China’s entrance into the world arena as a power. However, a series of issues since the beginning of this year, particularly Washington's stance on the U.S.-South Korean joint military exercises and the South China Sea issue, have made the world think: Is the United States ready to recognize China as a power on the world stage?

It is easier said than done for the United States to adapt itself to China's development. Lip service is far from enough to boost the development of Sino-U.S. relations. If Washington cannot find a way to recognize and accept China's peaceful rise onto the world stage, bilateral ties will be like a roller coaster full of ups and downs. However, no one would like to see the negative effects rocky relations would bring to China, the United States and possibly to the world as a whole.

Source
Alternative Source

I really don't know why China bothers with these empty threats but who knows what this could turn into? It could really hinder our relationship (if what we have right now is a relationship), which could lead to trade issues etc...

I'm just going to sit back and see what the US has to respond with until I say anything here, because until there is a response to this (if there is a public one) there's not anything to compare or evaluate other than the preexisting relations we have with China already (feel free to converse about this as I admit I don't know too much about it).

[edit on 30/7/2010 by highlyoriginal]

[edit on 30/7/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The People's Republic of China is already doing more and more since Deng Xipang was leader. In my opinion if the U.S. keeps going in the direction it's going in then the PRC will soon become the bigger superpower.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I boondock-saint
a member of the US populace and
US Citizen

do hereby recognize China as a superpower.
I will heretofore stop meddling in China's
private affairs (like I ever did before).

Anything else I can do for you folks???

Would you like some Hot Dogs and Apple Pie
with that ????

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You, as a slave to the US do not have a say in political affairs.

We just get to sit here and watch, wait, and duck

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
americans should not trouble china and yes usa needs to beg from china for more yuan for its wars.
beggars can't be choosers

[edit on 30-7-2010 by sadchild01]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

The greedy people in government are at fault. More so the American people for allowing these criminals to take control of our country.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Empty threats? Let me put this simplistically, without all the economic mumbo jumbo smoke and mirrors designed to confuse.

China has the power NOW to bring the U.S. to its knees.

And they don't have to do it militaristically or "econonically" either.

They can, but they don't have to. They can simply stop shipping us [__some product we rely on___]**, and we'd be screwed.

Whether the U.S. "recognizes" China as a world power or not in irrelevant. China is a world power.

And YOU and the U.S. helped put them there.

Yes, folks...China...another threat brought to you by the same American brainiacs who scared you about Middle Eastern terrorism while at the same time leaving your borders wide open.

Brought to you by the same folks who let our money bleed offshore and are now surprised that there's no tax base.

Brought to you by your sham of a non-American plutocratic government.

Who are the fools?

**Edited to remove batteries per PuterMan's subsequent, illuminating post lol. Thank you.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I agree with you on that. Since the American business has moved the jobs over seas people in the U.S. have been getting laid off. Even though Bill Gates and others might want to donate Millions or Billions for aids in Africa numerous of the people are suffering in mines for raw materials.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

The greedy people in government are at fault. More so the American people for allowing these criminals to take control of our country.

bbut its the american people's fault that they did not rein in the US govt and allowed it to murder and rape ten of millions in the third world . soon the chickens will come home to roost and then , americans shall be enslaved and will have pay for murders ,genocides and hedonistic excesses they commit against the world in fema concentration camps or chinese sweat shops or as bonded labour/serfs

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Americans will not be enslaved by others. Why does everyone always fear something coming around the corner? Country's don't last forever. Just like empires that collapsed before the U.S. the same will happen to our country.
Don't shot the messenger shot the writer.
www.adbusters.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

do you think other nations will let usa off so easily ?
think again , particularly about Russia

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You guys don't understand. Superpowers don't demand. China is not a superpower at all. The seat is empty and the US is the acting superpower right now.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

China and a few others are not Superpowers yet but soon they will.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

They can take it up with our terrible government and the people who are still in denial about the current state of our once great country. No president can save this country from collapsing. The American people have to take control if they want to survive.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Er sorry ~Luc your statement

They can simply stop shipping us batteries

is not correct.

Last time I saw this statement from someone I checked all the batteries I have.

Fujitsu FDK Copr - Japan
Energiser rechargeable - Japan
Eveready - Indonesia
Varta - Japan
Philips - Belgium
Duracell - Made in EC

Actually of the dozen or so different batteries I have NONE are made in China.

Be very nice to Japan!!

[edit on 30/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Empty threats? Let me put this simplistically, without all the economic mumbo jumbo smoke and mirrors designed to confuse.

China has the power NOW to bring the U.S. to its knees.

And they don't have to do it militaristically or "econonically" either.

They can, but they don't have to. They can simply stop shipping us batteries and a few other silly essentials, and we'd be screwed.

Whether the U.S. "recognizes" China as a world power or not in irrelevant. China is a world power.

And YOU and the U.S. helped put them there.

Yes, folks...China...another threat brought to you by the same American brainiacs who scared you about Middle Eastern terrorism while at the same time leaving your borders wide open.

Brought to you by the same folks who let our money bleed offshore and are now surprised that there's no tax base.

Brought to you by your sham of a non-American plutocratic government.

Who are the fools?

Why on earth would China stop shipping? Exports are its life blood. Low wages allowing them to sell stuff cheaper then others is how they fund everything. If they stop shipping they die. And some other country with low wages will take up the production of cheap junk. The US and China have a symbiotic relashionship. China needs a healthy USA to power its economy. China and the US have zero intrest in any kind of conflict. The real test for China is coming when it has to convert its economy from production to service. It is a very hard transiton and one they have to make as the counrty becomes more properous and people want higher wages. They also have curency issues to deal with and if they ever want to become a military power they will to spend massive amounts of money to reduce its massive obsolete mililtary into a smaller modern one that can project power.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Okay I have to find something else for my silly example.

Japan is our friend haha.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Trust me. They'd be willing to make the "sacrifice" if push comes to shove. In addition, we are NOT the only ones they" ship to" anymore. Like I said, we can't let the economic mumbo jumbo fool us...er keep fooling us.

Along these lines, though, the Chinese workers are unionizing, so the economic picture's going to start changing on that front soon.

China may not be "the" superpower but it's got clout.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
One day China is going to regret their arrogance. Of all people, the Chinese have no right to demand we stop meddling in their affairs and ignore their desires for territorial expansion - Tibet, Taiwan, the Spratly Islands, Vietnam, the list goes on and on.

Dear Chinese Communist Party:*SNIP*... your days are numbered anyways. Soon your whole system will fall apart.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sat Jul 31 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

The same could be said with the United States and numerous other countries. No countries are going to bow to another country to get what they want.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join