It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers shut down EU carbon-trading website

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Hackers hijacked Europe's carbon-trading website and replaced it with spoof page detailing flaws in cap and trade scheme.

Anti-carbon trading activists shut down the website of the European Climate Exchange (ECX), over the weekend, replacing the site with a spoof page lampooning the industry.

The website of the London-based carbon credit trading platform was hacked at close to midnight on Friday and showed the spoof homepage for around 22 hours. It then took technical staff another day to restore the official homepage.

Instead of its normal rolling ticker data listing bids for carbon credit futures, the ECX website blared: "Super promo – climate on sale: Guaranteed profit!"

Full article here

My prayer-

Please Universe, please can we see more of this in the Universe. Can you please fix it so that greedy pathetic terrorist scum that think of themselves to be elite, can carry on being found out and the public made aware of their tyranny. Thank You for all you do.

If everyone can think about this at 11:10 for 2 minutes mornning and evening

This is why- wecreatethelove.ning.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/31/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY

My prayer-

Please Universe, please can we see more of this in the Universe. Can you please fix it so that greedy pathetic terrorist scum that think of themselves to be elite, can carry on being found out and the public made aware of their tyranny. Thank You for all you do.

If everyone can think about this at 11:10 for 2 minutes mornning and evening

This is why- wecreatethelove.ning.com...

It's just a website.. I don't think that praying for hackers shutting down websites does any change

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Did you even read the blog?

The elite obviously think there's more to the 11:11 phenomenon.

If its good enough for them, it's good enough for us!

If all thought and all action is creative energy, what sort of world do you wanna create?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Sometimes all we have are small gestures....

is a smiley considered second line?

PS there is definite power in synchronized intent

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I agree. Good post! Also, I think it's awesome that they hacked and hijacked those sleeze ball's website for even just a little while. Every little event like this helps! Thanks for the info!

S&F!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Happy 11:11 to ya

Just look at the trouble the terrorists have gone to to divide and try to conquer us!!

It's all about us uniting!!

"A dream we dream alone is just a dream, a dream we dream together is reality!"- John Lennon.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I would be interested to view to the hacked version of the page. I even see an embedded video in the screen capture of the spoof page in the article.

We need more of this type stuff from the h4x0rz.

Much love.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Good on them! I'm glad at least some people have enough of a mind of their own to not be fooled by the AGW lies.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

if you can find a copy of it(if thats possible) post it here can ya.

i wouldn't mind seeing it myself!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rozetta

what gets me is why hasn't the bbc website or another mainstream propanda institute been hackede? imagine the coverage it would give critical thinking!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Probably kids learnt something form a hack forums.

skids...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That's actually a constructive form of "hacktivism". Instead of just "taking it down" they conveyed their protest message to the core of the website's users. VERY effective in planting that seed of thought in their minds.

Sure you can protest in the streets, but the people you want the message to reach are not going to see your protest. Not to mention, thanks to cops acting as agent provocateurs so frequently now, it's difficult to hold a peaceful protest anymore.

This website hacking is the most effective reaction that the cops can't control. Unless of course, the cops start false flag hacking websites now to make the hackers look bad....

[edit on 30-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

THANK YOU HACKERS!!

Thank you who's ready? for posting this thread.

I join you in your prayer with all my heart and soul.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I would bet my last nickel it was the Russians.

The former KGB has a hacker team..actually a pretend university town filled with hackers.

They were the ones that hacked the IPCC, hacked all of the Republic of Georgia's gov sites prior to invasion etc.

They are for sale most times, but when the Socviets aren't selling the service they are usually doing the Govs bidding.

I'll google around and see if the hack has been traced yet...but I am betting it was them.

Its Cyber-War these days.

Off topic: remember when Israel bombed Syria's purported nuclear site last year? I read an article describing how an Israeli internet team hacked into Syrian defense computers...so when the Israeli jets flew in to bomb the site, all the radar screens showed no threats or planes.

Hacking is scary stuff these days.

EDIT TO ADD: I stand Corrected!!

The hack was apparently by Decocidio #ϴ, a sub group of Earth First!!

[edit on 30-7-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hell yeah for the hackers. I want to see more of this too!! And I want to see more people doing more in "real life" too.

I'm tired of constantly being offended by all the disgusting things our leaders are doing to our world. Do you really want the rest of your lives to be like this, or worse?

To quote a line from Dixie, UP!!! lest WORSE THAN DEATH befalls you!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here's a link to the spoofed page:

nassibou.atspace.org...

Print it and pass it around to your coworkers and friends, as well as at public places.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
great guys,where would we be without them,you all know im very happy about all this
rock on

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
I agree. Good post! Also, I think it's awesome that they hacked and hijacked those sleeze ball's website for even just a little while. Every little event like this helps! Thanks for the info!

S&F!

I disagree completely, every little event like this does not help, it just validates the Government's argument that the net must be regulated. Though I agree carbon credits are nothing more than a money making scheme, what purpose did this really accomplish? It's a waste of ability, and its a small time prank at best. If you have the ability to replace another's website with a spoof page, than why not hack into the company's computer and find evidence that carbon credits are a big fraud and another way to make money, then post THAT for everyone to see. Every little event like THAT would help, this event is nothing more than a nuisance and gives the Government every reason to restrict the internet.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

thank you for that.

appreciated.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

WELL said. no time for little tricks we need more hacks like what started the climategate wake up..

but saying that, i dont think its completely wasted, it made a mainstream paper!

a seed has been planted in a few more peoples heads.. but yes, you have a very valid point... thanks for your input.

anyone got a number for those ruskies??; )

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join