It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The idea of Insanity is making us Insane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
OK so check out the latest news in regards to insanity cases:

Iowan to use insanity defense in embezzlement case

Man who beat officer pleads not guilty by reason of insanity

Man accused of Iowa kidnapping to claim insanity

Man Who Beat Teenagers To Death With Bat Claims Insanity

Belle Fourche man gives up insanity plea, pleads guilty to rape

Accused killer pushes insanity defense

Will Powell use insanity defense?

James denies guilt in UT student's death But his lawyer may pursue insanity plea

Accused killer to rely on insanity defense in Target attacks

A WIFE-killer, who was found not guilty on grounds of insanity, has won his latest bid to drive a taxi on Melbourne's streets

Suspect In Cedar Rapids Convenience Store Kidnapping To Claim Insanity

Sex Offender Sentenced After Tirade
WAAY - ‎8 hours ago‎
The defense had argued insanity....

Man convicted in stabbing withdraws insanity plea

Insanity plea accepted in murder case

A Kailua man acquitted by reason of insanity for the slayings of his mother and aunt in 2004 was back in court yesterday

I can keep going, so what is my point?

My point is, that the whole idea of insanity is making us insane. The truth is, we don't understand insanity, we regard anything which is not normal, or something which we wouldn't prefer as insane.

Hence, murder is insane, whether you are sane or not. Get it? But since we don't understand insanity, we are giving insane people a pass for murder, that is just idiotic because murder is insane whether you are sane or not.

In conclusion:
Murder is insane whether you are sane or not

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

[edit on 30/7/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

You made me listen to that song again, time to get high

In serious note, what you think, we going insane?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Its pretty ridiculous, yes. It seems like anyone can push insanity and get away with it for the most part. They get a few months in the loony bin and get let out on meds with no real consequences. Now im sure theres some people who have did things because they really were completely insane, but so many people use it now its hard to differ between who really needs the help, and who just doesn't want to go to jail.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Its pretty ridiculous, yes. It seems like anyone can push insanity and get away with it for the most part. They get a few months in the loony bin and get let out on meds with no real consequences. Now im sure theres some people who have did things because they really were completely insane, but so many people use it now its hard to differ between who really needs the help, and who just doesn't want to go to jail.

I highlighted the important part.

More so, we don't even know what insanity is, and how we could help any insane individual.

Think about it, a serial killer, is he insane?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
There is insanity.

But I agree that there is a massive over-diagnosis of so-called "mental-illness" and I agree that people use it as an excuse to get away with doing evil.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Well what do you expect we are the first society in history that records mental illness for posterity with music,movies such as American Psycho,digitally via multimedia entertainment where computer simulated mass murder is the norm,the hundreds of radio,tv and cable productions regularly bombarding us with mind numbing rubbish.A society where psychopaths and sociopaths become the captains of industry and run foreign policy.Half the population with its head up the arse of an ipod,blackberry or cellular phone with hundreds of calls and interminable e-mails a day to contend with for many employees.Its all headed to terminal madness.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
We have to have all those counselors, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, blah blah blah blah do something. Don't we?

Just like how one tax lawyer said once, they will never eliminate the massive taxation systems of the world. Why, because what would all the tax lawyer's and accountants do?

Now that, is the definition of insanity.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
We have to have all those counselors, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, blah blah blah blah do something. Don't we?

Just like how one tax lawyer said once, they will never eliminate the massive taxation systems of the world. Why, because what would all the tax lawyer's and accountants do?

Now that, is the definition of insanity.

In other words, what would the cops do if no criminals were around?

To Insanity and Beyond.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The first time I came across this concept was in the movie Primal Fear, that film made a lasting impression on me as a teen. All the more so when my parents told me, people had used this defence in real life, for crimes of a similar nature. Needless to say I was shocked.

Obviously there is alot to be desired in the Mental Health Community. I find it particularly damaging that we now have just about every foible in the human condition classified as a mental health 'disorder' it's almost as though they might lose their budget if they don't keep coming up with illnesses to treat.

Star and Flaggy

Edit to add sorry if I killed your thread

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
The first time I came across this concept was in the movie Primal Fear, that film made a lasting impression on me as a teen. All the more so when my parents told me, people had used this defence in real life, for crimes of a similar nature. Needless to say I was shocked.

Obviously there is alot to be desired in the Mental Health Community. I find it particularly damaging that we now have just about every foible in the human condition classified as a mental health 'disorder' it's almost as though they might lose their budget if they don't keep coming up with illnesses to treat.

Star and Flaggy

Edit to add sorry if I killed your thread

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

You have to read the definition of mental illness in order to understand why. It is very interesting, and very stupid at the same time. They are trying to culturally lock us in one time zone, therefore making it easy for the powers to control the masses.

Hence if you don't work properly, you probably have a mental illness, if you don't want to work, you probably have a mental illness, if you don't want to wake up in the morning to go to work, you probably have a mental illness.

If you are fat, you probably have a mental illness, if you are too skinny you probably have mental illness.

Heck my sister is underweight, and she is being sent to a psychiatrist, I was like WTF?

Anything which effects the corporations/the workforce is called a mental illness, that is how they control us while we claim to be free.

Heck that is how Muslims did it too in the Golden Age of Islam. They called being "gay" a mental illness, and they treated them. It was Muslims who came up with the idea of psychology etc.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I work in the mental health sector in the UK and I know patients who have been in jail and decided to play the insane card, they are assessed and then it is decided if they need to be sectioned.
In most cases if they are deemed to be insane they will get sectioned under the MHA section 37/41 but believe me it is not an easy ride for example a person I know was doing time for theft and he said he heard voices so he was sectioned. The original time he would of served was 1 year inside, this person has now been sectioned for 5 years and hopefully he will be out soon but believe me he now has the stigma of being sectioned and I cant see him ever getting a job (its the law he has to tell any employer he has been sectioned).
So to round up never play the insane card ...One flew over the cookoos nest springs to mind.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The way i look at it.... People call people crazy for believing in conspiracy because they belive that there is no evidence because they have not looked into it. So i came to the conclusion that crazy is having a belief and acting on that belife for no reason at all.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
The way i look at it.... People call people crazy for believing in conspiracy because they belive that there is no evidence because they have not looked into it. So i came to the conclusion that crazy is having a belief and acting on that belife for no reason at all.

Very interesting, but the problem with being crazy is that no one knows truly whether you are crazy or not.

No experiment, or test can prove whether someone is insane, or crazy/

In that sense there is no such thing as insane or crazy in my opinion, it is the creation of humans which has caused us to go crazy in regards.

I hope you understand.

To simplify it:
There is no such thing as crazy, or insane, it is invented by humans, but is haunting us now, and hopefully we will realize soon and disallow people to avoid justice.

That is my opinion of the matter.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If they were really insane they wouldn't plea the insanity card, they would insist that they are the sane ones and that there dog or a tree told them to do it. This society is full of actors and like endisnighe said it's becoming a job in some circles, so who are the insane ones those who plea insanity or those who agree to insanity. But they do have a point of sorts you would have to be, not sane to do those things, so it comes down to who want's to try this supposed free loop hole in this system. Beware of anything or anybody that claims they are doing you a favor for free.

join