It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men with wings?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by riiver
The only thing I can recall happening is the occasional tornado, but I wouldn't call any of them disasters.

Well, if they were "Mothmen," they were there watching and waiting for a reason, to observe or enjoy or whatever it is they do with calamitous events.

Of course, Missouri is the site of the worst earthquake in recorded North American history — In 1812, the great New Madrid quake and its aftershocks, centered in Missouri, rocked the whole continent from Boston to the Gulf of Mexico. Changed the course of the Mississippi River. Some people who lived on the east bank of the Miss found themselves living on the west bank within 24 hours, as I recall...actually rerouted the river. It was a badass.

So, as inviting as the inland USA may seem for shelter from massive earthquakes, New Madrid just blows away all your dreams of safety.

Really, in addition to the godawful "Big One" for which they're waiting on the West Coast, they're waiting for an EVEN BIGGER ONE on the East Coast — if the right seismic event happens in the Carolinas (which is the hottest place in the USA for a DEADLY earthquake, not the West Coast), you could see carnage like you've never imagined.

Anyway, the point is that Missouri is another of the super-earthquake zones on the Earth's surface, and I wonder if the Mothmen were there, in your childhood past, waiting for another earthquake. Do you remember any earthquakes in Missouri in your childhood, and what was the location of your "winged men" relative to New Madrid?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/30/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing OP riiver. This is why I like ATS, for shared stories such as these.
For There is more to the world than what we are lead to believe.

You didn't mention anyone else having seen them so it appears as if they were intended only for you to see.

It also appears as if they were revealing themselves only to you, in order to let you know that they were there keeping an eye on things. And most likely protecting you.

They sound moreso like the classic description of Angels in actuality.
Perhaps they are your Guardian Angels even.

Have you ever had a very close call and miraculously survived by chance ?

Have you ever looked into any of your past lives ?

On the other hand...

I doubt that they were "Mothmen" for they for one didn't appear frightening and/or have the characteristic piercing Red eyes as most witnesses have said about their experiences with the Mothmen.

Most witnesses to the Mothmen just want to get away from them !!

As the OP had said, he wasn't at all frightened by these beings.
They were very placid and peaceful looking.

I think you might have witnessed some Angels on coffee break !

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

All of the Mothman stuff I've seen describes it/them as humanOID, rather than human---red eyes, yada yada. And bat-like wings. What I remember is very definitely human, not somewhat human, and the wings were bird-like and feathered, not bat-like and leathery, so I really don't think Mothman fits.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Perhaps they were Nature-type Guardians of your local Forest area?
Some form of elemental life...
Do you recall ever seeing them again?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You don't happen to have any cowfields around there with those special mushrooms growing in them, do ya?

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Just joking with you! I think that our 'reality' is often confined to what we believe to be possible, so we often can't see all that we could. Ultimately, I believe this with all of my being: There is so much to know, were we but more aware.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have a friend who saw a Dinosaur crossing the road when looking out his bedroom window, he was about eight and had just woken up, we've discussed it many times and he also remembers it vividly.

The conclusion was that he must have been In the twilight of waking up, not a paralysis but more of a waking dream state.

Do you remember if you were sleepy in the car or tiered etc..

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

I don't remember being sleepy (though I have to agree, that is the most likely explanation), I remember being wide awake and watching everything out the window with great interest.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join