It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men with wings?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Please excuse me if this is in the wrong forum. This is my first thread and I wasn't sure whether to put it here or in the 'paranormal' forum. I chose this one after reading the 'dog-headed man' headline.

I have a very weird memory that's puzzled me my whole life, and I'm curious as to whether anyone else has seen/experienced something similar. I'm not here to debate whether what I remember is real or fantasy (it may very well be fantasy, for all I know...you know how memories are), I'm just curious to see whether anyone else ever experienced something similar since I've never had the guts to mention it to anyone IRL.

Here's the story, such as it is. Till I was about 30 years old I lived in the middle of nowhere, 30 miles from the nearest blink-and-you-miss it small town, at the edge of the forest in the hills of southwest Missouri. To get to our place you had to drive over miles of twisty, hilly highway and dirt roads, most of it forested nearly up to the road. My entire life I've had a very clear memory of being in the car one night with my parents, coming home from town, and looking out the window and seeing men with wings in the trees beside the road. Not "angels" or anything like that, just plain old men, with wings. Tall, slim men, naked, and winged. They weren't doing anything, just standing in the trees, watching us go by.

Yes I know that sounds crazy, and it may very well be that I fell asleep and dreamed it or somesuch (though why I would dream of naked men with wings I can't imagine.) I think, from the particular car we were riding in, that I was probably 5 or 6. and the memory is so incredibly crystal-clear that it's always bothered me. So I decided, if there's any place on the planet that I can safely bring this subject up and not get locked away, it's probably ATS.

So has anyone else out there ever seen winged men?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I can' say that I've ever seen any winged people out in the real world, but I am curious - since you said the memory is crystal clear, can you remember their faces? Is there anyone in particular (famous) that you might associate their facial features with? Also were they just standing on branches, crouched, sitting, etc? And were their wings open or tucked away? Were they bird wings, bat wings, hang glider wings, attached to their arms or sprouting from their back? Just trying to get a better mental picture of what it was that you saw.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by riiver

Never ignore what you remember as a child, because that is closer to the truth than you well ever come to in this lying world.

The memories of a child are as close to the truth as we ever get.

Maybe angels do not necessarily look like angels?

I mean, maybe that vision was telling you that ordinary people can be angels in disguise?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This is a little off topic but your thread reminded me of the book series "The Lost Years of Merlin." In the last book, "The Wings of Merlin," it discusses humans who had the ability to fly but later lost their wings. Anyway, Merlin gets his wings back (they grow out of the space between his shoulder blades, where he always felt something was missing).

Interesting memory though. I'm not sure what to make of it--maybe an angel in human form (but with wings)?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
That's very strange. I dont ever remember seeing anything like that nor have I ever heard of anyone else seeing such things either. Do you remember anything else about this? Did it happen more than once or did you just see this on one particular car ride?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
There have been many supposed sightings of things/creatures depicted as men with wings. Here are a few links:

www.cryptomundo.com...
www.cryptomundo.com...

You can't leave out the most famous of them all...The Mothman. I hope that you find some info that resembles what you saw.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Creepy sort of got a Lost Boys Wampyr feel to your story.Wheres Buffy when you need her.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Never ignore what you remember as a child, because that is closer to the truth than you well ever come to in this lying world.

The memories of a child are as close to the truth as we ever get.

Well said!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muftanan

of all the myths and stories to come from wales. merlin is the one that existed. there's stories of him levitating the blocks from wales to somerset to create stonehenge... have you heard of Edward Leedskalnin and coral castle?? check out the 3 part video- the secrets of... coral castle.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by crkking
You can't leave out the most famous of them all...The Mothman. I hope that you find some info that resembles what you saw.

I think the Mothman is a likely candidate for your winged men in the trees, just watching you go by.

As John Keel, the Mothman aficionado, observed, these things are neither devils nor angels, although I'm sure they've been mistaken for such over the millennia.

The Mothmen are, I guess you could say, interdimensional creatures, higher than Man, but not necessarily more noble. When I say "higher than Man," I mean that they have an OVERVIEW of the events that befall Mankind — they can see our future, specifically.

According to Keel, these things might even enjoy watching Mankind suffer, which may explain why they're usually seen in the vicinity of disasters both natural and Manmade, flying around, you know, getting their jollies for weeks prior to the event, watching the build up to disaster.

Do you remember, as a child in Missouri, there being any natural or manmade disaster in your area at about the same time?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/30/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
There are stories of half men half birds(as well as half man half fish peoples, the Nommo.) that go all the way around the world over thousands of years.

At the end of the qu'ran it says about Muhammed being carried to heaven by a winged creature.

The Sumerians have plenty of engravings of half man half bird "things", are these the Annunaki?

The Annunaki are rummored to have told peopple not to depict them in their true image?

There's the idea that the Annunaki genetically engineered us from primitive apeman, and in the bible it says about god making us in his image...

I know you weer only 5 or 6 but you still could've invited them in for tea and biscuits!..

Fingers crossed we get the answers soon.

Check this out- The Secret KGB Abduction Files- www.youtube.com...

Apparently they found a reference to the winged gods returning in a tomb in egypt. Its well worth a watch!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

They were standing on branches. We were going around a curve---I'm telling you, the memory is so clear I could probably paint the picture in detail---so the lights swept over them as we rounded the bend, leaving most of them in the shadowy back-glow of headlights, if you know what I mean. The rightmost guy was illuminated a little longer because the road straightened out, and he is the one I saw and remember most clearly because he was in the light the longest.

He was was tall, skinny---well, slim, not actually skinny---and had shoulder-length blond hair and a long face, thin nose, and high cheekbones, and creases alongside his mouth. Looking back now I would say he looked probably 30 or 35. He was just standing there, watching us go by, and he looked very solemn. He stood with his arms crossed across his chest, hands clasped under his elbows. His wings were closed but loose, behind him, visible over the tops of his shoulders and behind his upper arms and along the length of his body. They looked like bird wings to me. He didn't look like anyone famous (and even if he did, I doubt I would've recognized him---we didn't have tv, and I never stepped foot in a movie theatre till I was 14. I grew up in a 2-room house with no running water, lol and practically lived in the 19th century till I was 8 or 9.)

My parents were anti-religion, and I didn't have any stories of winged angels to influence me. And even if I had been exposed to tv and movies, this would have been in the very early 70's, and I can't think of anything that would fit.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

I only have the one memory. I've had meditative experiences as an adult where I've seen the same man, sans wings and wearing a hawk mask, but I chalk that up to my subconscious pulling up the old men-in-trees memory.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

The only thing I can recall happening is the occasional tornado, but I wouldn't call any of them disasters. Once one took the roof off of our neighbors barn and dropped it on some of his cows in another pasture, but that's a small thing. There was a forest fire sometime when I was really small, that came right up to the edges of our land, but it wasn't a huge catastrophe. They got it out in one day, and the forest recovered within a couple years, no one was hurt, no property destroyed, etc.

And by the way---thank you everyone for the serious replies.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by riiver

I've been working on a sci-fi/fantasy fiction novel about creatures like these.

The premise being that "chariots of fire" and "Angels from Heaven" are essentially UFOs and beings of another race (i.e. aliens) that have kept watch over mankind throughout the ages.

You said these guys were just kinda hangin out...watching. Any indication that he may have seen you watching him?? Maybe as if he wanted to see you, see and acknowledge him?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Did you experience death in your young age?

Did you lose any members of your family or have to deal with anything similar?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This reminds me of an experience I had when i was about six or seven years old. my sister, my grand mother and I were visiting my Grandfathers grave. While my Grandma was cleaning up around his grave my sister and I went about 50 feet away to a masoleum where there was a stone angel praying looking down. My sister and I went up to her for a closer look and when we did she "winked" at us. The experience scared us enough to run as fast as we could to my grandmothers car and we refused to come out. To this day i remember it like yesterday as well as my sister. it was an experience we both will never forget. To this day my Grand ma thinks we're both nuts but we bot know what we saw and theres no one that will tell us other wise.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Memory can be a funny thing. Some information here: www.visualexpert.com...

I've had some odd memories that have sometimes blended with dreams, but I've always been aware of it. Not sure if it's any help at all to the OP really but the memories gave me some night terrors when I was little. They stopped once after a week waking nightmares, its the most afraid I've ever been.

The human mind is a bizarre thing and our connection to reality is tenuous at times.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

One of my grandmothers died, but I wasn't close to her and this happened before she died.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

I have the impression that he knew I saw him and that I was INTENDED to see him, but this is just an impression. He really wasn't doing anything at all, just impassively standing there, watching. In fact, that's what I've always thought of these guys as, Watchers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join