It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon it appears will eclipse Jupiter shortly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well, to begin with, I have to reference this THREAD on what is stated as an astrological conjunction.

Have you looked at the sky in the last couple of days after 1 am? You might notice that Jupiter is in the same arc as the moon and the moon is waning. In between 2 and 7 days, it appears there will be an eclipse and the moon will eclipse Jupiter.

Now, if I remember right, Jupiter is the planet that is associated with wealth. To have Jupiter eclipsed by the moon while the moon is waning doesn't seem to bode too well. If I had to make a prediction (which I rarely do because of the number of variables) I would say, count the days from the time of the eclipse to the new moon and multiply the days by weeks, if there is going to be a crash, that would seem like the right time. In any event, it's simply speculation, but considering the PTB's affinity for astrological and dated triggers... yada yada....

My freezer is full, I have lots of batteries, the genny has lots of gas and of course you never know when you might need party favors ;-) You have to eat anyway and everyone gets power failures, so it's just good planning, right?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Nope.
Jupiter will not be eclipsed by the Moon. Not this year or the next.
asa.usno.navy.mil...

[edit on 7/30/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Trusting government backed sites such as the navy eh? i thought as much.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I used Stellarium, and from my vantagepoint and it appears the Moon and Jupiter are close proximity now, and that as I speed up the days I cannot detect that the gap closes but instead Jupiter moves further away from the Moon.

Perhaps Stellarium does not move the Moon appropriately and that I am not able to see realistically what is happening. I will try to confirm with the night sky based on what I just viewed. Sadly though, if this is to occur during my daylight hours I won't know.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The Moon will seem to pass above Uranus and Jupiter who are close side by side in Pisces.

You can always use the below to check things....

www.starrynighteducation.com...=4&LatD=33&LatM=31.260000000000048&LatRG=N&LonD=86&LonM=48.179999999999836&LonRG=W&HH=01&Min =00&AmPm=1&MM=8&DD=1&YY=2010&DST=Yes&SD=Yes&LocMMA=&LabStar=Yes&Lab=Yes&Cons=Yes&Hor=Yes&SG=&PW=410&PH=358&Az=90&FOV=90&Alt=25&Elev=3&LocN=Earth&Explo re=No&

Time in date and time and align your direction and you have the positions of whatever you wish. It is a astronomy based program, which uses the true positions of the sky.

Image for July 30...

For July 31...

For Aug 1...

That is...if you want the true positions and not the positions of thousands of years ago (astrology).

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

By observing tonight about 1 am and tomorrow night about the same time...you can get a general idea of the moons position to Jupiter. They are close, but wont cross each other as a conjunction. The Moon will be seen moving 'over and above' Jupiter.

Edit to add...I might be putting my foot in my mouth depending on the location of viewing the moon. I think there will be those that observe the Moon to be moving below Jupiter...have to check on that. But still, no conjunction.

Edit to add again...in the southern hemisphere, the moon will seem to come down to the left of Jupiter, instead of 'over'...correction to my last edit that it may seem different in different locations.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by LeoVirgo]

[edit on 30-7-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Phage

Trusting government backed sites such as the navy eh? i thought as much.

You do realize that careers and navigation depend on the astronomy of the sky's?

The Op's info comes from astrology based info which is out of sync with today's sky's. The Navy must use correct positions and keep track of the movements of the stars.

It is best though to always double check any info given. I once found out that NASA had displayed wrong moon phases for years and years of time.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
In my understanding of astrology, a conjunction does not mean an eclipse. A conjunction means that heavenly objects will come within 5 degrees of each other from our perspective. Conjunctions, in astrology, are even sometimes stretched to within 10 degrees.

Astrodienst shows this conjunction in Aries for this date and the astronomy program that LeoVirgo used shows it in Pisces. Best thing to do is go outside and look up. Should in any event be an overall pleasant sight.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This site has a list of major things in the sky for the year.

Astronomy Calendar of Celestial Events - 2010

August 13 - Triple Conjunction with the Moon. The planets Venus, Mars, and Saturn will all be close to the thin, crescent moon on this evening. Look to the west just after sunset.

EDIT: Fix url

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I didn't do a thorough search on this topic and I opened a thread on it just to have it closed.

I've watching Jupiter and Uranus for the past several weeks through some binoculars and was really glad to see a planet beyond Saturn finally.

It was especially cool on the 23 SEP 10 because the moon was full and one could see the two planets very well.

top topics

join