It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just step down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The soapbox is humanity's favorite toy. People are so full of themselves that it makes me sick to my stomach. It makes me want to double over. I want to be sick at humanity's hypocrisy as if I were Lucas's Annakin, or Jordan's Lews Therin. I'm gonna be sick again...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Well, I hear ya - I really do!
Are you thinking of anyone in particular or just generally tired of our putrid mewlings on the world stage - the constant yabbering of countless ungrateful wretches sobbing in unison as they stuff their faces with fried chicken and gaze glassy eyed at the latest big Brother episode...?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I love the soapbox!

What a fanaticism thing to hear others points of view and hey, if nothing else it gives ya something to shake a stick at!

And don't forget, in the listening you just might learn something along the way too

Fantastic thing that soapbox. Gotta love 'em!

peace

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
My soapbox is made almost entirely out of soap

Not sure what else to say, but cheer up mate!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Feel better now? Good.

Now get off your soapbox, there are other people in need of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagtail

Well, I hear ya - I really do!
Are you thinking of anyone in particular or just generally tired of our putrid mewlings on the world stage - the constant yabbering of countless ungrateful wretches sobbing in unison as they stuff their faces with fried chicken and gaze glassy eyed at the latest big Brother episode...?

Nobody in particular. I'm just ...it's exactly what you said . That was brilliant. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I love the soapbox!

What a fanaticism thing to hear others points of view and hey, if nothing else it gives ya something to shake a stick at!

And don't forget, in the listening you just might learn something along the way too

Fantastic thing that soapbox. Gotta love 'em!

peace

Yeah, the soapbox in it's ideal form is pretty damn cool. But most people who are on them are fanatic lunatic politicians or ludicrous religious fanatics or blind sheeple obssesed with Big brother series like wagtail mentioned above.
I have nothing against the soapbox itself, like I said, but for the sake of clarifying I mean that most people who are on them should not be.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
I want to be sick at humanity's hypocrisy as if I were Lucas's Annakin, or Jordan's Lews Therin. I'm gonna be sick again...

You are the dragon reborn?????

I'll let you stand on that soapbox for as long as you want if that's the case..

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
My soapbox is made almost entirely out of soap

Not sure what else to say, but cheer up mate!

I'm not down about it, mate. Maybe that's just how it sounds, mate. Since your soap box is made entirely out of soap I wonder how much trouble you have in the summer sun standing on such a thing. In the middle of your orations to the crowds you begin slipping and sinking. lol

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
I want to be sick at humanity's hypocrisy as if I were Lucas's Annakin, or Jordan's Lews Therin. I'm gonna be sick again...

You are the dragon reborn?????

I'll let you stand on that soapbox for as long as you want if that's the case..

TW, that was amazing.

Though I'm not telekinetic. At least not yet

If that ever happens I will come immediately back to this thread...
And be like "Hey, TW, the answer is yes!"

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Feel better now? Good.

Now get off your soapbox, there are other people in need of it.

I am gonna take a wild guess here and say that there are soapboxes aplenty in the universe. Just take a look around you. See how many of them there are out there? I think you need to get a soapbox of your own before you tell somebody else to get off of theirs. You obviously do not have a soapbox of your own, or feel comfortable enough to create one and then begin speaking your truths.

top topics

join