It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House rejects bill to aid sick 9/11 responders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

House rejects bill to aid sick 9/11 responders

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – A bill that would have provided up to $7.4 billion in aid to people sickened by World Trade Center dust fell short in the House on Thursday, raising the possibility that the bulk of compensation for the ill will come from a legal settlement hammered out in the federal courts.

"Ladies and gentlemen, you can wait and wait and wait for that legislation ... it's not passing," Kenneth Feinberg, the former special master of the federal 9/11 victim compensation fund, told an audience of ground zero responders Monday in a meeting on Staten Island.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Im not really sure what to think of this. Ive heard of the $713 million deal trying to go through, but I doubt that would be enough to cover everyone.

We spend so much money on foriegn wars, other countries, ect.... but we cant spend money on our own citizens that got sick during one of the most devestating events in our nations history? Im dumbfounded. What is the House thinking? "Oh, the people helping got sick in one of the most disaterous events in our nations history.......eh, oh well though...." - That what it seems to me that the politicians up there are thinking.

Whats next?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
My my, how soon they forget. All of those people were heros to so many out here. Must be the House has bigger fish to fry, and it doesn`t involve helping the everyday people who were there on 911. They can`t help the everyday folk, but let`s go out of our way to fund a war, give themselves a pay raise, and ignore the immigrant issue and help all the banks and print up a big batch of stimulus money that the people will never see.

Yeahhhhh, way to go government.(I wonder if their mothers had any kids that lived.)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

:barf
k so what you saying

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

This is true and brought to you by the fake patriots in the GOP, who killed the vote. Yes, those same pretend liberty lovers that so many of you believe to be your champions of freedom against Evil Obama are in reality playing you like the fools you are. They have plenty of money to ensure wars profits for defense industry titans that you will gladly fuel with the lives of your sons under the false flag of "fighting terrorism." They have plenty of money for their banker buddies who are choking off small businesses around the country. But they can't find money to help those sickened by their service to fellow citizens in the aftermath of 911.

Yeah right, and you actually think Obama is your problem. You gullible, ignorant faux patriots will be the end of us even as you cheer your enslavers on.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I was told that once the healthcare bill passed, those with diseases or disorders that were expensive to treat would be the first to be allowed to die without treatment. It's so much cheaper to just try and make their last days comfortable.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just to let the conspiracy theorist out for a moment, I wonder if they are smart enough to figure out that if the government does not support rescue workers if they become ill saving Americans, that less and less of them actually will.

Think about this way: The thousands of men and women that immediately jumped into the rubble on 9/11 are now sick and some of them are dying and some already have. The government seems to be turning their back on them or at least making it as difficult as possible for them to receive compensation and the healthcare they require [which is really ironic since Obama just passed legislation that gives healthcare to everyone anyway].

In the future, should there be another attack [this is really when, not if], how many of them will give pause before jumping in? How much time will be lost gathering haz-mat gear and the like in order to not take any chances? Will we find ourselves, as citizens, not rushing to immediate action but rather sitting back and waiting for the "professionals" to handle it in order to avoid becoming sickly and uncared for ourselves?

One thing's for sure, had those rescue workers not jumped in as fast as they did, we would certainly have a much higher death toll. Had regular citizens not stopped to try and help people out of the staircases and out the front door, we would be mourning numbers in the 10,000's. Could this be a way to maximize loss of life in the event of a tragedy or false flag event?

Never mind.
They aren't smart enough to put that all together anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Meanwhile US gives billions and billions of dollars to Israel each year in aid.

The corruption, hypocrisy and evil are beyond belief. I just don't understand how Americans are doing nothing about this.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Of course they are going to reject aid to their own people...they routinely send Americans to die in a war that means more to the profiteers than it does to any kind of justice...

Our entire system is a sham and the people that have trusted our leadership always get shafted for that trust...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Where would the money come from?

Seriously, from a political point of view there isn't enough potential votes to be gained from the victims of this.

Now if there were more than a million affected....

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

On top of that these folks could be witnesses and or victims subject to subpoena... for civil matters, and...

....one day should sanity reign and we see bushbama, his cousin dick, & their soulless neo-clown posse get a fair trial in Nuremberg.. yea I know, fat chance of that.. just say'n.. TPTB wont shed any tears if there are fewer people around to give 1st hand "credible" testimony about the crime scene.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Okay, I just got wind of this vote today, I read thru the article and I am trying to understand the reason(s) why this was voted against and significantly so. Is it just a power struggle/move between both parties? Is it about money and how much?
What exactly is going on? I can't find any specifics....

spec

top topics

join