It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Or Faked Nightcrawlers(MUST SEE!!!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This video is too poor res to say it is anything paranormal.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Wow. There's one thing that makes me wonder. Their walkie-takies' batteries, were dying, same with cameras. And yet they managed to magicaly taped the whole thing, despite that issue.
Also, in my opinion, they should have return to that place during the day. Obviously they wouldn't see any NIGHTcrawlers, but some things might have become clearer. For exaple, if they were in fact cranes, they would be there during the day too. And that trail or whatever could make more sense too.

I'm not really familiar with that show, but that episode looks very staged to me, with that whole batteries dying and cameras falling bussines. Meh.
And if it wasn't staged, that's even worse, because it means they did terrible job with their investigation.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The two "creatures" follow the same exact path through the yard. You can tell by where they cross through the digital timer at the bottom of the video. Coincidence? I'm not so sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by teddster86

Let me put this straight: Fact or Faked IS Faked.

And I don't mean the parts where they try to find out whether or not the video is real, I'm talking about the part where they do the investigation. The Night Crawler episode is actually the one that led me to believing this.

When the crew does the investigation, I want you to be very observant. In the part where all their equipment is shorting out, notice that the main camera (the one you are watching the show from) never shorts out! If they wanted to stage something like that, they wouldn't make it seem like the main camera shorts out, because that would ruin your viewing experience.

That led me to believing that a lot of other things must have been hoaxed. Like when the cameras tip over; they see the creature on the thermal camera; and the trail that the creature made. All of those things could have easily been faked.

But I will give you one thing: The video is genuine. Clearly, there is no way that something like that could have been faked, as they proved.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This show is completely bogus.
I dont trust anything that is tested, analyzed and produced
by this team of hipster kids.
With the being said, I don't trust the video itself in question.
It's fodder from the producers for ratings. I don't trust it's origin,
story or witness. But hey, that's just me.
It's a show meant for your entertainment.

What's that?! The producers or network wouldn't manipulate, exaggerate or
sensationalize for some thing more interesting?

FALSE! It's happened before.

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
TV Manipulation of Jersey Devil case

From ATS Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
The Fox TV special tried to "direct" the devil hunters, and set up a few
situations, including the female investigator (Laura K Leuter) walking ahead
of the team... and running at one point, towards them. The scream was
added by fox, to make it seem more exciting. As were growls etc from the
woods.

The whole thing took place over two days of filming, and nothing devil-
related of note happened at all, on those two days, so fox apparently had to
create "something" to justify the money spent on two days of wasted filming.
It is all detailed on the NJDevilhunters own website under Hunt#10.

From NJ Devil Hunters: www.njdevilhunters.com...

This show falsified the ending. No, I didn't see anything. No, the footprints
weren't real. No, we didn't know they were going to do that to us. This one
featured me, Shawn, and Mike, and first aired in October of 2000.

It's a show!!! Needs ratings to survive. Wake up!!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicolee123nd

And I don't mean the parts where they try to find out whether or not the video is real, I'm talking about the part where they do the investigation. The Night Crawler episode is actually the one that led me to believing this.

When the crew does the investigation, I want you to be very observant. In the part where all their equipment is shorting out, notice that the main camera (the one you are watching the show from) never shorts out! If they wanted to stage something like that, they wouldn't make it seem like the main camera shorts out, because that would ruin your viewing experience.

That led me to believing that a lot of other things must have been hoaxed. Like when the cameras tip over; they see the creature on the thermal camera; and the trail that the creature made. All of those things could have easily been faked.

But I will give you one thing: The video is genuine. Clearly, there is no way that something like that could have been faked, as they proved.

During our investigation to Giland's Ranch, we noticed the same thing; brand new out of the box batteries go completely dead 40mins after arrival there. Camera won't operate at all, 20 mins later, comes back on as if it never happened.

To make the camera tip over when no one else was there, doubt it and then to show 2 creature emitting a heat sig afterward near the camera, but them totally disappearing in the night and not showing ANY heat sig afterward? I could have been a deer, which jump a pretty good distance but........

So, to say that they're faking it, I very highly doubt it.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The NightCrawler video really made me wonder if it's some kind of new species.

I don't think the video was faked, and if it was they did a great job. Out of all the unexplained creature videos I've seen, this one was by far the oddest. Loved it.

I hope there are more sightings and/or footage of these things!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Full Episode in good quality.
My only gripe is they didn't investigate possibility of CGI beyond mere mention, I work with 3d models and animations and its quite possible, but then that's harder to blend together then most confident users can put together.

Part 1
www.youtube.com...

Part 2
www.youtube.com...

Part 3
www.youtube.com...

Part 4
www.youtube.com...

Part 5
www.youtube.com...

Mods feel free to edit my post to embed them.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by njl51

someone somewhere suggested it was a sandcrane..notice the crew
wound up near a water source?..someone said the crane could have
been carrying a strip of cloth for nesting purposes.
I myself have no opinion only that found the story interesting.

Don't think so. Lived many years in Florida, and water birds are VERY common there. The movement is all wrong. Even with a cloth (and never saw anything like that with one), the movement doesn't fit a water bird. Don't know what it was, but don't think it was a crane.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The one thing the 'creature' in the original video reminded me of was a Coyote or wild dog carrying a sheet or blanket in it's mouth, and having it's head raised as Canines do in order to see where they are going when carrying something big.

But, the video was not of real clear enough clarity for me to state for a fact that's what it was, merely to be reminded, and any analysis was hampered by the video coming from a source that seems to have recorded the programme by recording their TV....and why would a Coyote be carrying a sheet or blanket anyway?

Without an estimate of the size, the figures on the infra-red looked like two people to me, who disappeared into the thick treeline. I would have liked to have seen the investigators move forward to where the figures were when the figures were still visable, as opposed to staying rooted to the spot and waiting for the figures to disappear before moving forward. Far too late.

The imprints in the grass that led down to the watering hole are the signs of a creature that has beaten a well-worn path to the watering hole through the grass and hence uses it often as part of it's territory, meaning the spot is ideal for a surveillance station to be set up to try to observe what the creature is that has created the impression in the grass and which uses the watering hole.

As the track is well used, the chances are they would have seen eventually what caused the tracks.

Unfortunatly, that's when the team decided to pack up and go home....they could have easily set up an surveillance of the area of the tracks, of the watering hole, of the treeline, and indeed, the location of the original sighting as a long-term project.

From what I have read and found out, North America has a host of possible creatures that possibly belong to the cryptozoology category.

I do remember reading of a creature that is said to exist, called the Wendigo, and the creature in the video, with it's slim shape, reminded me of this creature that is said to exist, as the Wendigo, legend has it, can not be seen from the side, but only head on. Here is a description of a Wendigo, and a reported sighting:

THE FORT KENT WENDIGO

I have read many alleged accounts of encounters with something with a terrible scream in the woods that provokes primal fear in those who hear it.

That is one thing that seems to be a common theme. The unearthly scream of something that invokes terror.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Regensturm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by nicolee123nd

During our investigation to Giland's Ranch, we noticed the same thing; brand new out of the box batteries go completely dead 40mins after arrival there. Camera won't operate at all, 20 mins later, comes back on as if it never happened.

To make the camera tip over when no one else was there, doubt it and then to show 2 creature emitting a heat sig afterward near the camera, but them totally disappearing in the night and not showing ANY heat sig afterward? I could have been a deer, which jump a pretty good distance but........

So, to say that they're faking it, I very highly doubt it.

@ Komodo
Sorry I don't mean to put you out on the spot light but I had to quote you on this when I saw "brand new and out of the box" if this is true and no one charged the batteries, then yes, they will die that fast because batteries brand new out of the box are not fully charged and have the average of 15-20% juice in them. I get that question everyday at my job from people who forgot theirs at home, charging... because they are now on vacation. They also mentioned that their main battery system had some problems of its own, so if the main system was not charging the equipment in the first place this could be the reason why they died so fast.

But any who, I can't tell what this is with out seeing better video quality. As far as debunking it I would have tried a cloth on a pulley with a weight at the bottom or a heavy stick/cane wrapped tightly in cloth and pulley it across the yard with a pulley system.

The first video has me scratching my head though. Its to hard to believe it's a crane or bird because it doesn't have any movements of one and studying the shadow I don't see a beak or a bobbing head, most birds bob their head for balance, perception and sharpened vision. plus I don't know of any birds that are completely straight like a stick, just look at the shadow carefully. But I do see swaying... so it makes my wonder if it could be a hoax.

So if I have only seen the second video and didn't know the first existed, I would say it's a hoax hands down. Yes it's horrible video quality but if you look closely about 30 seconds in you see the "legs" split, you can also see grass between them and the shadow looks like two sticks crossed. So from my view my conclusion it could be a puppet, and near the end of the video the "head" (or knot) looks like its being pulled across with a pulley system because of it's movement.

Now I'm not saying it could be either fact or faked but if I was trying to debunk it I would have tried harder lol. I do have to say the first video is much more impressive then the second.
edit on 1-11-2010 by Skizzet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join