It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

. I promise to burn the Qur'an, every year on 9/11 as long as I live

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by soultorent

And what if it turns out their GOD is yours as well??? Just asking how do you answer for you thoughts on JUDGMENT DAY...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What do you accomplish by burning it? Are you going to burn in in the middle of your hometown infront of thousands of people? Probably not...or are you going to burn it in your backyard,alone,with no one watching so your just satisfying your own stupid mind? Most likely. The point of a book burning is to send a message to OTHER PEOPLE.If anything are you a racist and a cowardly one at best... Although i am not a religious man I am proud to say BURN IN HELL

[edit on 30-7-2010 by hawaiinguy12]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
To the OP:
Not read the whole thread,but unless you are getting your yearly Quran for free somehow,you are actually funding who you deem to be the enemy by paying them for the book.

So apart from giving them money each year-what do you hope to acheive?
I ain't like you will be able to burn every single copy...so although you may get some kind of satisfaction from burning this particular book,its not like you are harming Islam in any way-you are just helping to fund them by buying a Quaran each year.

Makes no difference if you burn it or not.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Admittedly, I haven't had the chance to read all of the replies yet. If for some reason you do buy one just to burn it, at least make sure you post a video on youtube. Otherwise, you are simply supporting the religion.

Myself... I do have some major issues with this religion, just as I do with many others. This paragraph from Pat Condell pretty much sums it all up:

You know, I'm not even American but it makes me sick to my stomach to think that Islam is gonna be allowed anywhere near ground zero because 9/11 could never have happened if not for Islam and its teachings and its doctrine of jihad and its false promise of an impossible afterlife without which none of those gullible lunatics would have been persuaded to carry out such an insane act. And also because it wasn't just an attack on America but on all of us in the civilized world. As were the bombings in London, in Madrid, in Bali, the shootings in Mumbai and everywhere else the religion of peace decides it doesn't like the way people do things.

Check out his 'ramblings,' here is his youtube channel and video where the following quote came. He offers some sane views on religion and politics.
YouTube PatCondell: No Mosque at Ground Zero

Pat is an aetheist and doesn't hide criticism when it comes to ANY religion.

EDIT: Fixed YouTube link.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Takamuri]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
How does that song go? American Idiot?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

You're a sly one! I love it, LOL!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Whatever you do to the Qur'an is really your problem you aren't Muslim so I don't care.

EXACTLY. You wanna talk about ignorance? His words dont matter to you, the same as his life. I wonder why you think that...are you Muslim?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Infinityobserver]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Ill let you burn the Quran if you let me stand next to you burning as Bible. Are we game? It will actually have absolutley no meaning to me, I am just a shock junky and love to see the expressions on peoples faces. I an mo athiest, and obviously Jesus probably wont praise me for tearing pages out of the Bible in front of hundreds of people in high school just as an act to enjoy their expressions, but he is a forgiver.

So can I burn a bible next to you while you do your thing? I bet we will both get the coolest reactions man.

At least I can admit im just in it for the shock factor.

If I were to guess though, you have a high stress life right now, probably a chain smoker, and are growing more and more distant from those close to you as a result of your radicalized views. It is also highly likely that you are being fed some crap information from someone you considor a mentor or idolize but have not known as long as others you socialize with.

I think the first thing you should do is sign up re-enlist whatever at your local recruiters office and volunteer for service in Afghanistan. At least you will be doing something productive against a group I think everyone here can say they are not a fan of.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Cool it is your right to do as you wish. My only concern is have you really done research on 9/11? Funny 1100 engineers and architects challenge the current offical story. Many pilots have questioned the pentagon strike as told by officals. Do you think a 757 or 767 is structurally sound enough to decend rapidly from say1200 or 800 feet pull up and fly at the storied 500 plus mph at ground level and crash into a building? And look at all the other plane crashes historically. THe crash of flight 800 over the atlantic dropped from a greater distance,and exploded in midair and in National Geographic they retrieved so much they practically put it back togather!!! But at the pentagon all of a sudden planes began to disintegrate at impact.There are too many questions and many alterations of current physical laws. Please get past patriotism and duality and look at the facts. As a person of science myself we can set up many road blocks and rules to call somthing proof. Remember there are 2 sides to a pancake look at both carefully.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Maybe you should burn the old testament too because it takes about an eye for an eye and a bunch of other ridiculous barbaric laws.
Besides, these people who act like terrorists and want to kill people are radicals. Their are radicals on all sides, in every religion, in every organization, in political parties and more.

Keep that in mind while burning your books.

To me, the book does have some bad messages, but so does the bible, so do Stephen King Novels. Fact is im not a radical and don't take whats said literally and can live normally. Some are just too uneducated to realize its not literal and speaks of history more then anything.

Just because it was done a certain way 1000 years ago doesn't mean its good for today, Christians learned that and thats why the old testament is not followed to a T.

All in all, this world is full of crazy people, dont burn books because of the ignorance of radicals.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
so what if he burns a book. he is right in alot of his understanding. am i the only one who remembers right after 911 the telephon that saudi tv had to raise money for the hijackers families for their sacrifice against us western infidels . its a good thing i wasn't president then because after witnessing that we would have went to war with our real enemies the saudis
mecca would be a glowing radioactive no man's land. the arrack on us wasn't to kill large amounts of us it was more sinister it was to destroyer us finacially and they have done a fine job of it . 9 years multiple trillions of dollars later have we made any REAL progress on war against terror no

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Why not just read the book and show the people you are upset with how wrong they truly are,the book is simply a religous doctrine,like the bible is,it is not the cause of this insanity,peoples CHOICE to interpret these books is what causes trouble---CHOICE TO INTERPRET-- these arseholes are just bad guys who use religous doctrine as an excuse,Humanity will soon outlaw religous power in our global community,it wont be a crime to worship what you choose but the churches will be ripped from the womb of humanitys monetary system---made fiscally powerless---no money honey means no power to brainwash---your doctrine had better sell itself or you are out of business,and dont ever be fooled religon is big business.

And it DOES NOT SELL ITSELF,no one would even sit in a church if there were no fiscal components drawing and keeping them there.

If humanity doesnt agree with todays events then humanity needs to stop this type of insanity and these wars by uniting on a global scale and simply punishing anti-humanitarian behaviour ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET with permission from someone BIGGER and more POWERFUL then any god,christian,muslim,or otherwise.HUMANITY AS A WHOLE COMPLETE ENTITY.

If there is no more enemy then we will have peace by default,if we stop fighting ourselves---then there is no fight.

Humanity is the entity that has the ability to render ABSOLUTE and final decisions as to what happens on this planet---no imagined gods.

If the Muslim faith as a whole dedicated itself to outlawing and turning in ALL TALIBAN all over the world in every country--WHICH COULD BE DONE---there would be not a single Taliban anywhere within a month.

If a Global force decided any country on the planet was committing anti-humanitarian crimes we would be immediatly stopped and held accountable --within hours.

The religous books are all basically the same and we all know it so lets just admit that you either believe in god or you dont and if you do you cant kill ,if you dont you should be a barbarian,there are only believers and nonbelievers.

So if religous believers kill and nonreligous believers dont kill THEN WE SEEM TO HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM.Something is amiss here isnt it?

Someone is not telling the truth here.

Simply stop the killing and anything that encourages killing must be forcibly eliminated from our planet.Yes that might be me or you but maybe its a genetic issue,who cares we cant go on like this any more,can we?

If you cant be good ,you should be gone,one set of global humanitarian laws voted on BY EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH,so there can be no whiners and no manipulations,all decisions ABSOLUTELY FINAL.

There is no better way,its now obvious.

And it would be just as much of a rush fighting nature and risking your life to SAVE others as it is being in the military,instead of getting off on the sucess of your job as an enforcer you could do the same as a humanitarian Commando trained and equipped to be deployed anywhere in the world at a moments notice armed with the best tech and equipment humanity can provide,taking great risk and incurring many casualities WHILE SAVING LIVES.

If you arent into saving people and you a little more militant then join the Humanitarian Global Police force,spend your days enforcing Humanities will on those who would try to destroy the whole for their own selfish desires,those who cant seem to grasp the reality that includes a united humanitarian planet.This is the action job.

You see there is a place for everyone in a global democracy founded SOLELY on humanitarian interests WITH NO RELIGOUS INPUT AT ALL BY LAW.

Fighting for human lives is a growth industry,but in reality we are and have been fighting mother nature all along,we have simply been manipulated into fighting each other interspecies.

The jig is up and the first major military force or country to begin this process of building a global democracy will forever BE REMEMBERED AS THE LEADER OF THE HUMANITARIAN MOVEMENT.

This is an honor that will and can only go to ONE country,the FIRST TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE.

If Canada had brass balls I would say my country has the heart,but it looks like India is the darkhorse here,their attitude seems to fit the job as a culture.Its anyone prize to win but there are favorites like America,Russia,England,Germany,ect.

Remember its a global democracy where every human on the planet gets an equal-- real time vote so a countrys past track record doesnt matter for they are actually promoting the integration of themselves into a greater entity,a better entity.China could potentially have a lot to gain by doing this if they really care about the tens of millions of starving people in their present situation.But so do a lot of others,we all stand to gain and quickly,we just need a leader.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by one4all]

[edit on 30-7-2010 by one4all]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I'm starting to think trolls make accounts then let them sit a bit until they're a couple months old so they look like they just didn't join the day of the post.

You really did your research well. Did you stop by the Fox News website and type in "9/11" and read all their articles? Oh and don't forget about the Commission Report, that is chalk full of the most pristine information I've ever read.

//sarcasm

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I hope you aren't christian because you are passing judgement. That is something only God can do. You are sick.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This website has turned to Troll city. I wonder if people like this are serious or are trying to get a ruckus started out of everyone. We all know he didn't do any research about 9/11 and even if he did he is obviously to delusional and brainwashed to absorb the information in any meaningful way. No star or flag from me

link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
burning Qur'an, huh?

your blind hate and ignorance is what this world really needs more of.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by frozenspark]

It turns into a never ending cycle of A vs B or the color black vs white, until people start to educate themselves and see that all religion is just a tool to control people with.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Procession101]

link   

Your an idiot. So, what is burning the Quran going to accomplish? Im agnostic so I can really give two #s but this post is really um...Stupid. Yes I know, we lost a lot of americans on 911 regardless of rather it was our government, isreal, or the radicals. What about the million plus civilians we killed in Iraq? It goes both ways, a human life is a human life and we all need to respect each other and our values. Doing stupid # like that is just fueling the fire. Be a better bigger person and drive on whats done is done and we need to set an example as people.

link   

That is stupid.

That is like burning the bible every year because of Dave Koresh.

20 people have no bearing on billions of others.

Congratulations, your doing what they want you to do, hate more.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

What you say is true. "Tolerance" is a means of subversion. It is meant to "destabalize" this nation to further.............Just watch the video in this link. It sheds light on your idea. Must watch.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
The world is a bad place not because of evil, but because of people seeing bad, and doing nothing.

You, are seeing bad, then hating all on it.

See bad, do good. Fight fire with water, contrary to popular belief.

Over the past several years of lurking, this is one of the most beautifully stated messages I've read. I agree totally and feel very sad for the OP. I hope that he's able to come to grips with his fear sooner rather than later and find a constructive way to deal with these feelings. Speaking for myself, I usually know what the 'right' thing to do is in a given situation, the difficult part is finding the strength to do it...

-CoSiNe

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join