It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi all! - An Intro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I've known about ATS for some time, but I was kind of overwhelmed by the entire ATS experience. Lively debates and you have to be on your "P's and Q's" before posting. Seems a bit formal in an informal sort of way. I guess that intimidated me with thoughts like "What about that one time I mess up and post wrong info. and ruin all my credibility?" Anyway, I was looking through some articles and decided to have a look at a post and felt that I'd like to participate and figured that I'd take the plunge.

Some things about me. I'm open minded, though I once I think I'm right, I tend to "know" I'm right. That is a fault that I try to work on and have pull back on the reigns from time to time. I've never have seen a UFO or experienced anything like that. I also have worked in Aerospace for about a decade. First military, then the government as a civilian and now I work for a defense contractor. Unfortunately, there isn't anything especially cool and secret that I've seen. About the only thing that I've experienced that is paranormal was that I grew up in a haunted house. A bit of interesting history behind it and I think an interesting story.

As for politics, I tend to be conservative and I do not align myself with any party. I've voted for representatives in both and on local proposals that sometimes differ from traditional Republican ideals. I believe that Democrats and Republicans are a major factor with what's wrong with the United States and unfortunately, we only have ourselves to blame for it. I'm one of those guys that writes their House Rep. and Senator and vote, but for the most part that's it.

I love to debate and sometimes I'll debate on a side that I may not really agree with just to not only make others think, but to make myself think. I believe that seeing reality and scenarios from different perspectives is important for enlightenment. So I hope to see everyone around and not to become a thorn in someone from ATS' side.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaxxon

I'm one of those guys that writes their House Rep. and Senator and vote, but for the most part that's it.

Good to see that you're taking some action - most don't.

Looks like you may have some good stuff to contribute...look forward to it.

*edit for grammar

[edit on 29-7-2010 by facelift]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS I hope you enjoy your time here! I can see why its a little intimidating. Alot of people on here are very strong headed. But dont worry about messing up we all do sometimes.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaxxon

Glad you decided to join.

I know what you mean about being a little put off by the complexity of the site but, once you spend some time exploring, it becomes much easier to start contributing to the different discussions.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Thanks everyone!
Now all I need is a "Guide to ATS Jargon" as I still have no idea what SnF, S&F, #in, #ry and the rest mean. I'll figure it out one of these days I guess.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
hello and welcome to the site

new topics

join