It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars site may hold 'buried life'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by area6
The "face" on Mars is a low res pic from the 70's. Look at recent pics of the same area and you will see a hill ... no face.

Ok, here's one from another post of mine....

Check out this super hi-res image of that so called 'face' taken by MOC. Beware, it's 5.5 megs! So be patient whilst it downloads.

And that's proof enough that there's no face out there.

Just a small hillock! Here it is....

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by area6
The "face" on Mars is a low res pic from the 70's. Look at recent pics of the same area and you will see a hill ... no face.

Ok, here's one from another post of mine....

Check out this super hi-res image of that so called 'face' taken by MOC. Beware, it's 5.5 megs! So be patient whilst it downloads.

And that's proof enough that there's no face out there.

Just a small hillock! Here it is....

Its a good job that its impossible to manipulate pictures isn't it?! That means that these MUST be unedited by NASA etc.

Oh no hold on a minute...

Personally i'd be just as inclined to believe a 1970's photo over a photo from this day and age what with the image manipulation technology we have now.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
News from the BBC today:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Researchers have identified rocks that they say could contain the fossilised remains of life on early Mars.

The team made their discovery in the ancient rocks of Nili Fossae.

Their work has revealed that this trench on the dark side of Mars is a "dead ringer" for a region in Australia where some of the earliest evidence of life on Earth has been buried and preserved in mineral form.

####

Ok, so what do you think? I have heard these stories about fossilised life before. The mainstream media hardly ever focuses on the pyramids on Mars, the Face of Mars or the city complex on Mars. Why have these sites not been investigated far more thoroughly? Why do I hear too much news about 'underground ice' or 'mineral deposits'?

OMG!! There's a massive face staring into space and the distance from the face to the peak of the nearest pyramid is exactly 1/360th the diameter of Mars!!!! Hello!! Are we investigating the wrong stuff here?!!!!!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by chemistry]

[edit on 29-7-2010 by chemistry]

Of course we're investigating the wrong stuff... its call drip feeding.

1st we discover bacteria, then maybe some fossils of VERY primitve life, then something a little more substantial... finally oh look there are cities all over this planet that we somehow miss before... oops our bad!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
ATS Team:

A new scientific study utilising RV/UMR technology has shown hitherto never revealed details of the “Face on Mars”.

Image:RV/UMR Analysis of Mars Face Reveals New Details

Face On Mars Analysis Using RV/UMR Technology

As you can see the “Face on Mars” has been shown to be part of a figure of a larger woman, who may also have been sighted at WalMart:

Top Secret Walmart Files

RV/UMR technology image analysis requires nothing more than a standard kitchen microwave oven & common foods & is therefore expected to be widely adopted for future analysis of Mars & Moon photos on ATS:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
ATS Team:

A new scientific study utilising RV/UMR technology has shown hitherto never revealed details of the “Face on Mars”.

Image:RV/UMR Analysis of Mars Face Reveals New Details

Face On Mars Analysis Using RV/UMR Technology

As you can see the “Face on Mars” has been shown to be part of a figure of a larger woman, who may also have been sighted at WalMart:

Top Secret Walmart Files

RV/UMR technology image analysis requires nothing more than a standard kitchen microwave oven & common foods & is therefore expected to be widely adopted for future analysis of Mars & Moon photos on ATS:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

So by the looks of that picture it wasn't a cosmic event that killed our Martian brothers, but obesity caused by one too many deep fried Phobos critters!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ajax_andy

Ajax andy.....

My friend K3rm1t just sent me this.

That first guy is one sandwich short of a picnic!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
The face... Screw the face for now - just for arguments sake.

What's being presented in the OP is more believable - not that I don't think it's impossible that stuff happened on Mars as far intelligent life at one point.

Nice find. Definitely a S&F from me!

Its all believable. And what isn't is the lies about mars.

here

skulls mars
here

some trees
here

some lakes
here

some fossils
here

oh, and then theres the reports of the huge ocean fossils on the cliffs that the NASA equipment blasted away. They don't want evidence to remain.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajax_andy
Personally i'd be just as inclined to believe a 1970's photo over a photo from this day and age what with the image manipulation technology we have now.

Why believe a low resolution pixelated image of the 70s? And how do you know that the HiRISE/MOC images are manipulated by JPL? Proof?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity 99.....

All of that has been covered previously.

As my good pommy friend would say.....

"That's all just a load of old cobbler's!"

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
civilization evidence
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

true colors
xfacts.com...

thecrit.com...
more

Not to mention there is evidence of image tampering on many photos including lakes. They're not frozen, thats apparently a filter. They're lakes filled with liquid, surrounded by trees often. Alot of the photos show evidence of image tampering.

www.rense.com...

www.perceptions.couk.com...
example of what it means, with image tampering the tubes on mars could be altered tubes or they could be ditches, can't tell because filters can raise them.

This very good look at pictures reveals strong evidence of tampering.

here is a directory of photos believed to be tampered
(with links to NASA's pics)

I like this page, it shows colors, you know the kind forrests really have: www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Unity 99.....

Now you must admit.....

You have quoted some truly terrible sources there. :shk:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

No I havn't. That you guys think so tells so much about who you are. Excellent sources! And very thorough analaysis.

I don't like people suppressing truth.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

No I havn't. That you guys think so tells so much about who you are. Excellent sources! And very thorough analaysis. I don't like people suppressing truth.

Unity 99.....

Listen.....

You shouldn't get mad at me.

You should get mad at the hoaxers & con artists who've sucked you in with all their BS.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Marsanomalyresearch website? Joseph Skipper? He bit the dust long ago!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Its all believable.

Seems to be your mantra.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Is anyone else tired of being teased?

Scientists just get back to us when you find something tangible, until then I will try to put Mars to the back of my mind.

Star and Flaggy!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Here's a few more articles on these prospective fossils. One researcher outright states that:

“Life made these features,”

and that:

"If there was enough life to make layers, to make corals or some sort of microbial homes, and if it was buried on Mars, the same physics that took place on Earth could have happened there," Brown told BBC.

Source: www.theepochtimes.com...

The proposed link between carbonate and ancient remains is also argued:

The Nili Fossae rocks are up to 4 billion years old and have been in existence for three-quarters of the history of Mars, researchers say. In 2008 they were found to contain carbonate, long considered evidence of ancient life. Buried life, over millions of years, often turns into carbonate, scientists say.

Source: www.thirdage.com...

Hydrothermal processes theoretically capable of promoting life are discussed:

"We suggest that the associated hydrothermal activity would have provided sufficient energy for biological activity on early Mars at Nili Fossae," said study lead author Adrian Brown, a scientist at the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence Institute (SETI) in Mountain View, Calif., in a statement.

Source: www.csmonitor.com...

If verifiable proof of life on Mars, even microbial life, can be demonstrated, it would increase the probability of life throughout our galaxy. If more complex life, such as what they are proposing, should be found - even in trace amounts - then it would mean that two planets within our own solar system have created and at some time sustained complex multicellular life. And that would be one of the most profound and significant discoveries in human history in my opinion. It would mean that where life can flourish, it is likely to. I think I might actually shed tears of joy if this happened. I doubt anyone wants this to happen more than I do. That may be a conceit on my part, but so be it. I have longed for such confirmation all my life.

As to the Mars face: as a skeptic, I must be steadfastly open-minded to the possibility that NASA routinely doctors images to hide such a landmark on Mars, since there is no absolute proof (at least none that I can see with my own eyes by sitting in as unedited images are received from Mars orbiters and such) to the contrary. However I cannot simply believe that to be the case without proof, either, and I feel compelled to ask: if they seek to hide the face, why release the original photograph from the 70s? Why not doctor that blurry, old photo, instead of seeking to doctor new, high-resolution images, tampering of which should theoretically be easier to spot?

[edit on 7/31/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
The "face" is nothing more than a prime example of pareidolia brought about by contrast and lighting.

Nothing to see there.....

But there absolutely may be fossilized lifeforms on mars. That is truly interesting.

The 'face' in Cydonia mensae as well pyramids are far more than just pareidolia(unlike other pictures of people and animals in mars) as they are just too geometric to be a mere pareidolia

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
The mainstream media hardly ever focuses on the pyramids on Mars, the Face of Mars or the city complex on Mars. Why have these sites not been investigated far more thoroughly?

The MSM doesn't focus on these so called 'faces' and 'cities' for the simple reason that there are none! Period!

Oh yes, you can always check out those corny web sites like Hoagland's for some fairly good science fiction! And those sites are a dime-a-dozen. There's enough crap out there that'll keep you amused for a lifetime!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join