It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars site may hold 'buried life'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
News from the BBC today:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Researchers have identified rocks that they say could contain the fossilised remains of life on early Mars.

The team made their discovery in the ancient rocks of Nili Fossae.

Their work has revealed that this trench on the dark side of Mars is a "dead ringer" for a region in Australia where some of the earliest evidence of life on Earth has been buried and preserved in mineral form.

####

Ok, so what do you think? I have heard these stories about fossilised life before. The mainstream media hardly ever focuses on the pyramids on Mars, the Face of Mars or the city complex on Mars. Why have these sites not been investigated far more thoroughly? Why do I hear too much news about 'underground ice' or 'mineral deposits'?

OMG!! There's a massive face staring into space and the distance from the face to the peak of the nearest pyramid is exactly 1/360th the diameter of Mars!!!! Hello!! Are we investigating the wrong stuff here?!!!!!

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The face... Screw the face for now - just for arguments sake.

What's being presented in the OP is more believable - not that I don't think it's impossible that stuff happened on Mars as far intelligent life at one point.

Nice find. Definitely a S&F from me!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The "face" is nothing more than a prime example of pareidolia brought about by contrast and lighting.

Nothing to see there.....

But there absolutely may be fossilized lifeforms on mars. That is truly interesting.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I just reread your post and realize you have a wildly active imagination. Pyramids? Cities? What dimension is the Mars you're thinking of in?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hi,

Many interesting replies here! Thank you for your contributions so far.

Please see the following URL for an image of the pyramid and city complex

dudeman.net...

Extract from source:

The D&M Pyramid (named for prominant Cydonia investigators Vincent DiPietro and Gregory Molenaar, the original Viking project scientists who re-discovered the controversial Viking frames) could just as easily stand for the Diamond of Mars. The shortest of the five sides being about a mile long, its longest axis about two miles, and standing about a half mile tall, this small mountain checks in at about a cubic mile in volume. As gigantic as any other monument in the immediate area, it may very well be the Rosetta Stone of Cydonia - the key to understanding the ancient Martians designs.

######

I don't know how to put an image in a post yet, sorry.

The link in this post is really worth looking at. It talks about Martian geometry and the the pyramids on Mars.

I honestly thought that this was common knowledge for ATS users

What do you think?

[edit on 29-7-2010 by chemistry]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Chemtistry.....

You will find the "Martian Face".....which is really nothing of the sort.....& the Cyclonia region have been discussed on ATS on myriad occasions.

You will find there is a current thread about this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I suggest another read of the BBC article...because you wrote this:

The team made their discovery in the ancient rocks of Nili Fossae.

At least, I think that was you...not quoted from the article...it was hard to tell, the "external quote" tags missing...

Anyway, what the article (correctly) implies is that from a geologically comparative sense, a region seen in photographs (Nili Fossae) bears a certain resemblence to regions on Earth, specifically in Australia.

It is an educated guess, an assumption, that SINCE fossilized early life forms, dating back four billion years, are foud iin those regions, here on Earth...ergo, according to these scientists, similar "geography" on Mars ('areology' might be a better term) might also be a location to hopefully study, and one day confirm, ancient fossil evidence.

Scroll down the article, and see the location map of the extent of our robotic spacecraft surface accomplishments.

ONE more thing that stuck in my craw (the fault of the BBC journalist, who wrote it) was the phrase, referring to the "Nili Fossae" region...saying it was on the "dark side" of Mars!!

Oh, please....let's hope THAT particular bit of incredibly wrong "reporting" doesn't become the latest phrase!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry

Please see the following URL for an image of the pyramid and city complex
dudeman.net...

Chemistry.....

Unfortunately, having looked at his website, I think "Dude Man" is stuck in a time warp.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thank you very much for showing me the thread URL.

However, are you not convinced by the geometry on the website? Can we really deny that there are pyramids on Mars?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I find this really interesting considering that " Nili Fossae " means No Fossils " in Martian.

Have you seen the other thread with high res pics of the Face on mars? it looks nothing like a face.. not saying I believe that's true.. Nasa could have just taken a pic of any mountain top to make us believe that it's all bull.

In any event, I think the more they dig the more they will find proof of past life on Mars and then there will be no denying aliens exist.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
what if we dound out there was an underground primitive civilization on mars?? just throwing that out there =] it would be awesome to be the person who discovered that!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Alas, what you see in those photos are features that have vague 'pyramidal' shapes...naturally occuring.

One should take some time to THINK very carefully, and research the scale of those photos...in other words, take into consideration the height of the satellite when the photo was taken.

Do you see my point?

Here's a way to compare: Look for photos of the Pyramids of Giza, taken from Earth orbit.

We already know the exact size of those pyramids, and they are undoubtedly artificial. Now, try to imagine the sheer immensity of those in the photos taken from Mars orbit.

...and is a thinking person still going to allege that they are artifically constructed?

I did a search for you....here is a link:

Now, looking at that, one might think "Well! There you go, see them!?"

However, when you read more, it is important to know the details of that photo. It was taken from the ISS, so we know the height above the ground (202 NM).

But, since it was taken by a Human, with a camera...AND a telephoto lens, it appears that more detail is able to be seen, than would be possible for a robotic camera, without a telephoto lens, that is orbiting Mars.

Here's a snippet about the photo, from the link above:

Astronaut photograph ISS007-E-12915.was taken August 18, 2003, with a Kodak DCS760 digital camera equipped with an 800 mm lens...

I suggest wariness when presented with such claims, by anonymous blokes on the internet, about "cities" and "other signs of civilization" on Mars, based on misinterpretations of real satellite photos.....

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The mainstream media hardly ever focuses on the pyramids on Mars, the Face of Mars or the city complex on Mars. Why have these sites not been investigated far more thoroughly?

The MSM doesn't focus on these issues because it's just fiction. What 'pyramid'? What 'face'? What 'city complex'? Get real. These are just natural terrain configurations!
There's nothing there. Move on.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

However, are you not convinced by the geometry on the website? Can we really deny that there are pyramids on Mars?

Chemistry.....

You are very welcome!

No.....unfortunately, the “maths” doesn’t withstand any level of scrutiny.

Here you go.....have a look at this.....

Hoagland Cyclonia Pyramid Maths Analysis By Professor Ralph Greenburg, Dept of Mathematics, University of Washington

Hoagland Cyclonia Mounds Maths Analysis By Professor Ralph Greenburg, Dept of Mathematics, University of Washington

Homepage of Professor Ralph Greenburg Dept of Mathematics, University of Washington

Hoagland Cyclonia Maths Analysis by Phil Plait

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
No.....unfortunately, (Hoagland's) “maths” doesn’t withstand any level of scrutiny.

Am I surprised? No! Hoagy is all bogey!
The manufacturer of bizarre theories that need to be shoved down the chute!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Yes, yes we can.

No trying to be rude, but this topic has been discussed hundreds of times and definitely not just on ATS.

There are no pyramids on Mars.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
i think life is probably more common than we realize.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The face on Mars is what it is :

A FACE ON MARS

Everyone who says any different is wrong and blind...

Thanks!

[edit on 30-7-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
The face on Mars is what it is :
A FACE ON MARS
Everyone who says any different is wrong and blind...
Thanks!

Second line: Jeeeeez!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The "face" on Mars is a low res pic from the 70's. Look at recent pics of the same area and you will see a hill ... no face.

However ...

It is possible Mars was once Earth-like.

It is possible that millions of years ago there was life on Mars. Maybe even amphibians. Maybe even mammals. Maybe even intelligent life.

And as Mars died they did too. Or left.

We will never know for sure until we go there with shovels in hand and start digging the place up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join