It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have just been 'Foe'd"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
reply to post by WolfofWar

Wow, you can't read, I'm one guys foe list but he is not on mind. The two that are on my foe list are there for a good reason.

I'm talking about ignoring, not your foe's.

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
I have two people on my ignore, but that was because of a thread that was made that seriously turned my stomach.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by WolfofWar]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I got there in the end

Definitely the better option..

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by Rocketgirl

The ignore feature is the great equalizer for those of weaker intellect.

No offense, but it sounds like you choose to ignore people because you don't like what they have to say, instead of accepting it or fighting against it. It's the electronic version of burying your head in the sand.

That's just nonsense...

To put so many people who use the "Ignore" feature into a "STUPID" category is ignorance itself.. what a statement to make

Anyone I see who gets personal with another member will be ignored.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
If you get foe'd what to do is put them on your friend list.

That will confuse them

I suggest you never block/ignore anyone. If you do that you don't see there posts in threads and can miss out on the flow of threads.

I used to have some people blocked but went back later and unblocked them. Didn't see the point of it.

As somebody else already said at least if your foe'd it means somebody read what you wrote and it irritated tham enough to provoke a response. Thats good

[edit on 4-8-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

Certainly when things go from civil to harassment, ignoring is a viable way out of having to be harassed. Most people, like Rocketgirl, often seem to suggest that if they don't like a view, bam! ignore.

"There was a thread that was appalling, so I ignored the author."

In many cases, that is often the solution people have to hide from opposing viewpoints. It's been like that on ATS since about, oh, let's say 2004.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Most people, like Rocketgirl, often seem to suggest that if they don't like a view, bam! ignore.

For what it's worth, I got the impression from Rocketgirl's responses to you that it was a mistyping when she said "ignore list" and that she actually meant "foe list". I don't know if she didn't realize that those are two separate things, or if it was just a brain fart.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Foe them back and call it a day, its stupid really.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Yeah I just reread that and noticed it myself. That's what 3 in the mornin' will do to ya.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of posts that make me rather disgusted with a person's attitude and make me want to remind myself to pay attention to their contributions in the future.

At the same time, often times in a forum the 'foe' or 'enemy' feature is another word for 'block' and I am not interested in censoring what I read in forums. I think it is important to listen to people who I disagree with or whom may offend me.

I think it's great to heavily abuse the 'friend' feature whenever you read something you like though. Who knows, a friend could be someone you may want to 'foe' in the future and then you see you friended them so you go "wait a minute, they may have pissed me off now but I was impressed with them for some reason in the past, perhaps I should more fairly assess them."

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Heh, I have never foe'd anyone intentionally. I have on accident when using my phone to browse the threads though. So if anyone notices I foe them, pay it no mind. My HTC Touch Pro 2 is to touchy sometimes

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
ahahah

i know what its like
i have been foe'd by a members not to long ago and he didnt give me any reasons yet
on what subject he disagree with me

but like i said
exemple ... my opinions that 9/11 was a false flag mossad/cia operation
if somebody reads that and he already made HIS opinion that it was some taliban alqueada who managed to bring down the 2 WTC towers
he will not accept my opinion that it was a false flag
he will probably think of me that im a lunatic traitor
for not beleiving the official story

if you have more friend than foes ...dont stress about just one guy not agreeing with you
it will be a miracle if EVERYONE agree with you all the time
thats impossible lol
especially on ATS

[edit on 8/14/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well I just friended you because of your sensitivity to some of the same subjects I am...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

And after all this time I neglected to friend you. Sorry amiga.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

there are only two types of people in the world.

those who are my friends.
and those who don't know me, yet.

the third kind are not one of the two kinds of people

Incidently, i too was recently foed by a new member within a day of them joining.
it happens.

Suggestion:
When someone foes you send them a u2u requesting to know if it is a specific subject, your stance on an issue, or a specific post that caused them to foe you.

sincerely tell them a little bit about yourself.

I do these things, and more times than not they usually take me off their respected foe list.

As for my foe list, I have only ever had 2 members on it. SimonGray (because at least one name had to be on that list), and Ignorance because of the ATS motto. I took them off that list a long time ago. And, I doubt I will ever put anyone else on that list.

I figure if they are not bad enough to get banned, then they probably have not done enough to make it on that list.

Then there are characters like WolfofWar (who i do respect & like btw) who have more than 1,000 on their foe list (and no friends) and even author threads about their foe list entitled Who wants to be my 1,000th foe?

Heck, WolfOfWar is even ON HIS OWN FOE LIST

How Does One FOE Themselves?

wierd goings on around here

-et

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Heck, WolfOfWar is even ON HIS OWN FOE LIST

How Does One FOE Themselves?

Maybe in the past there was a bug where you could synthesize the URL in the address bar with "profile.php?foe=(myself)" and it would work instead of indicating an error? I tried a bunch of things. I wouldn't mind being my own foe but if there's still an exploit to pull it off, I don't know what it is.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Just a guess, but could it have to do with a combination of how ATS treats capitalization and how ATS implements search terms to generate the friend/foe lists?

I notice WolfofWar also has wolfofwar on his foe list. Perhaps if you create two accounts with the same name but different capitalization schema, then use each to foe the other, both will show up on the foe list of each?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You have a very sound point there, LOL! really! Often times I 'friend' based on several posts by the member which just cut to my core or are so close to the way I think and feel it just happens automatically.

Then there are others such as yourself that I actually love in cyberways and am always , always so happy to see around this campus yet for some reason I just forget to friend even though I do send personal u2u's to now and then.

As for foes, those I have done too on rare and I mean rare occassion and usually because I am angry at the member for their posts, however after the dust settles I will at some later point begin to see something anything which tells me that they have finally become what the foe is really all about and that is a member who keeps me on my toes!

As you know I can be quick to temper and have been known to have huge and multipal point deductions, warnings and even felt close to the no return of ATS, but, so far it has always been to my own betterment once I realize how I reacted rather than responded.

It may even help in the real world at times to carry this atttitude out as well, as a person who thinks outside the box, there are some in society who either push my buttons or have evil intent against me because of the way I see things and voice my oppinions, stand up for those I love at all cost and to be courteous, respectful and to listen even if I dont agree, is to me the way of intelligence and dignity.

So as I have said many times ATS is like a microcosum of the world we live in and if someone like me can learn to swim in these watewrs without being devoured or pushed beyond my limits then it is a great school of lessons learned and attitudes adjusted accordingly.

Sounds weird I know, but for some here they come and go, for others they stay a while and run off, but for you and me, this is like our refuge, our santuary of sorts, and we make important connections with people we would not have ordinarily been able to meet, like you and me.

Ok, so if you friended me, I dont see it on my left page over your avie, so I need to friend you too to see it?

Done.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

You are another perfect example! friended! Sheeze you were one of the kindest and incouraging people when I ventured into the ringside of the Debate Forums, I should have friended you way back then...

Done!

(PS, you guys in that forum should have giant golden metals on your avies, you are SMART!!!)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

That can be a drag really, because sometimes the people you would do that too on one subject would later become someone you hang with in others and see in a totally different light. Yes foe is one thing, ignore needs to be really considered imo.

I have gone into threads where I have done that and was not even able to read the OP! Yes I am cautious of using that feature.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Hmmm, I had another look. He has "wolfofwar" under the ones he picked and "WolfofWar" under the ones that picked him. I successfully foed "enlightenup" and am now my own foe as well. I even got the U2U saying I added myself.

I didn't need to create another account either.

edit on 9/21/2010 by EnlightenUp because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join