It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have just been 'Foe'd"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Lol, I have 2 foes. One is a person who seems to be out to foe everyone on the board (lmao), the other... well, that made me laugh, given that I haven't said 2 words to the person on the board.

I pay no mind to it. It's not like you know these people after all.

No big deal, seriously.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have foed people by accident because im usin an android touch screen phone because my pc ( piece of crap) blew up..

If i have foed anyone im sorry.. Its my damn phones fault!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

Oh absolutely, I like a good foe'ing discussion

Actually, I'd kind of like to see the foe option go away, but it's not that big a deal.

And I understand that some people find it useful as a sort of visual reminder to pop a blood pressure pill or take a couple deep breaths before reading some people's posts.

I've been foed a few times. Once by mistake (I u2u'ed to find out why, since I couldn't see anything in the member's post history to indicate why I would upset them), once by one of the "foe collectors", and once by a handful of people over some board drama. One of those actually bothered me a bit, because it was someone I respect. Luckily they can't hold a grudge and took me back off the foe list pretty quickly

I've also been called the "living embodiment of everything wrong with the world", but I was actually kind of pleased by that. It's not something I get called very often.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
First foe for me too today.

Not sure why forums even offer that option. I s'pose it's to give power to someone who feels inferior and really pissed off at you.
It's a power-click. It's a 'll show him a what's for....." power punch.

Oh well. Can't be loved by all.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Haha I was foe'd today...

Maybe I'll add the member as a friend - that'll learn 'em!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Not a big deal at all. In fact, pay it no mind at all.

Then why send a U2U then?

I put someone on "Foe" the other day and all it did was connect them to my profile.. The function serves no purpose at all..

I wanted to block this person but ended up with his name on my profile, it's almost like I'm giving this person respect or something by saying he's an adversary of mine

I don't want other people to see who I mistrust or do not like and I don't want to see who dislikes me...

If people don't get along then they should just move on not get a bloody E-mail saying: "Ner, ner, na, ner, ner.... "this person doesn't like you"

ATS just plays a role in the bad feeling with this Bitching function.

If I just want to block someone do i just use ignore?
give me something else please instead of this ridiculous bitching Foe system.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

I posted a thread and someone personally attacked me then my Avatar and anything else he could think of and then Foed me

I was just trying to open up a debate or a discussion I mean FFS

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Waste of time for anyone to foe me

I don't read U2Us and I never check my account or status thing or whatever it is

It's a forum. One of thousands. It won't pay your rent. You'll never meet other members. Your forum rep can't be exchanged for even a postage stamp

Why anyone would foe anyone is beyond me. It's all so infantile

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

You know you are so right, I foed a person because I thought the function would block his posts but what it did was send him a u2u
this was embarrassing to me, it made me feel like a school boy in a playground.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Just got my second foe today.
How or is there a way to find out what you've been foe'd for? Like what post did it? Just curious. I'm the only foe on the guy/girl's? list an was just curious.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

He's been Banned!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

Ouch!!!!

What more to say, second line.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It wasn't me this time, I swear it!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventytwo
reply to post by Dock9

You know you are so right, I foed a person because I thought the function would block his posts but what it did was send him a u2u
this was embarrassing to me, it made me feel like a school boy in a playground.

That is what "Ignore" is for.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have two people on my ignore, but that was because of a thread that was made that seriously turned my stomach. Then there is one guy that foe'd me who I've never talked to before. He foe'd me just because I pointed out in a thread to the op that a thread similar to his thread had already been made and one of the posters became over sensitive and foe'd me...it made me laughed but I never added him to my list because he not worthy of being my foe.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

The ignore feature is the great equalizer for those of weaker intellect.

No offense, but it sounds like you choose to ignore people because you don't like what they have to say, instead of accepting it or fighting against it. It's the electronic version of burying your head in the sand.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Says the guy who has about 1,000 people on his foe list.

You are wrong there, you have no idea what thread I'm talking about. The two people on my foe list belong there. Also, I did argue with them, so once again you have no idea what you are talking about....thank you and good night!!!

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Rocketgirl]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

That's actually the exact thing a person would say if they were burying their head in the sand. "Not uh! I can't hear you, goodnight! bye bye!"

You basically gave us the run down. You ignored one person because he made a thread you didn't like, and the other because he foe'd you.

Way I see it, ignore should be used last ditch to stop the harassment of others. They are a "break in case of emergencies" feature, you seem to be using it as horse blinders.

in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you put me on ignore after this.

This site is a beautiful thing when it's at it's a-game. Most people here are rather intelligent, varied in personal experiences and expertise, and open to discuss controversial or taboo subjects with candor. Anybody who is using the ignore feature to get rid of people who they disagree with or have a distaste towards is really doing themselves a disservice.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Once again this is coming from someone who have about 1,000 people on his foe list.

Wow, you can't read, I'm one guys foe list but he is not on mind. The two that are on my foe list are there for a good reason. The thread was deleted the same night it was started because of those two guys that are on my foe list. They wrote things in that thread that causes parents to seriously worry about there children when they are not around them. Unlike you I don't go to every thread on ATS foeing people for sport. Also, never have I given anyone the run around on this site since I first joined.

One more thing, if you are looking to start an argument with me because I have two people on my foe list you better think twice and take another look at your foe list before you start pointing fingers at other members here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I don't make use of the ignore feature; I simply haven't ran across anyone with whom I disagree 100% of the time. Even if I did chance upon such a person, I'd probably still want to hear his/her side of the argument. After all, this is a place to exchange ideas, not a place to reaffirm your assumptions.

Apologies if the above sounds harsh, but that's just the way I see it.

TheAssoc.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join