It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have just been 'Foe'd"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by jam321

Sometimes people click the wrong button.

Foe pas?

That's funny!!

Perhaps is cause I'm all "foe'd" up and everythings funny.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I may be overreacting but I do that so well! Foe, what a stupid word, it sounds like Faux, and that is further from the truth. I am personally offended

Happened to me once. I could see no reason for this person putting me on their list of foe's. I u2ud the person. They didn't even realise they had done it . So I wish I would have just asked why. Instead of crying and whining "How could you do this to me!"." What did I ever do to you" .
And on and on.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hey don't feel bad.. Some people don't like what you have to say and some don't want to hear it. Well good for them.....
This is a good area to air those things out.
Keep up...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Only once?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I bet starting this thread is an excellent way to acquire ALOT of foes

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Not a big deal at all. In fact, pay it no mind at all.

If you hate being randomly foe'd by people you have never heard of...you should try being a mod for a day!

No thanks...This is one of the (more minor) reasons why I turned down the offer of Modship twice.

IMHO though, this person who "foe'd" you probably doesn't really ujnderstand the reason why it's there in the first place: It's to give mention to someone who has opposing opinions & can back them up with facts, but who also gives them a reason to really start thinking, instead of merely throwing out "catch-phrases & buzz-words" to make a point.

I've never listed anyone as my Foe, simply because a lot of members don't really make me think very hard to refute their posts. The only people with whom I disagree most are those who close their minds to any other point of view (even those backed by documented facts): that type of person isn't worthy of being my Foe in the first place.

Also because those who really do make me think are those who are willing to see all sides of an argument...And there usually comes at least some form of agreement between us in the process. Those people I usually wind up tagging as Friends instead.

The one person (so far) that listed me as their Foe at least recognized that I made them think, even though there came no agreements between us. At least my Foe made me think in order to refute his/her every post...

[edit on 30-7-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Relax,

I've been Foed by the best of them. I like my friends list better.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Greensage.....

As well as the guy who "foe'd" me because he just wanted to "smash me in the face!".....

Another guy "foe'd" me & told me I'm "a waste of DNA & body fluid!"

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Skadi
Let's just say that was the only time I was vindicated.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ah, I wouldn't worry about it.
If this was a bar, they might have suckered you with a draft mug.
The only thing they can punch here is the keys..
You could tell them:
Foe You too Chally Chan!

edit to add smiley face for incongruity sake.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Recently happened to me also - same thing - by a new member with only a few posts, etc.

Does it bother me? No. What does bother me is the curiosity factor. I really want to know what specific post caused the member to hit the 'foe' button.

Soooo, I go through their posts and see if that will give up a clue, which it never seems to.

I too would like to know what post sparked the foe, or the reason.

In most cases I send a polite U2U asking if I've offended the member in some way, or, if they could direct me to the post that caused the 'foe', but, mostly those U2U's go unanswered and it remains a mystery!

Stock up on the duck grease and apply liberally to your back.

Added Note: Beautiful Akita!

peace

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Dear me, who cares? Well clearly you do...
It's just a stranger on an internet forum. I think you need a sense of perspective - and a life.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

So what - I have probably been foe'd a lot of times - who cares? It is only someone else judging you when they don't even know you.

That is the least of your worries.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Greensage, you have only been a member for a month, please don't start blocking everyone who foe's you, and after starting this thread i reckon a few more will for giggles, and thats gonna leave you with incomplete threads that you sift through because you have 20% of the contributors blocked, lmao!

Seriously dude, only block those who directly attack you or offend you on more than one oocasion without even a hint of sorriness.

Peace and chill dude, welcome to ATS \_/8

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I friend people who foe me just to be a jerk.

Don't take it too hard. Some people just need to throw a hissy fit.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
There are really more important things in life!!

I mean the real life outside

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I think i would not give a hoot...and to give it credence will just exasperate a unecesary situation.

to think one might only have friends would be silly....and if they are a new member they may have just did this without much thought and had no idea what they were doing other than trying out new buttons.

and as a new member me self....i know i will be foe'd...as i am a strong very opinionated bugger...lol

be well and i shall not add to your foe list...but if it helps you to feel any better you may foe me just for that oh so foe'd feeling...lol

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If being Foe'd is the worst of your problems,
then you're having a good day.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I have lots of foes, and as my signature says, if I don't foe you back, it's because I don't respect you enough.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

and here i thought i would be graced with a foe by an elder....damn...but if i foe you randy would you come and whine and whinge at me...

it would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

lol

nah i would rather friend you....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join