It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have just been 'Foe'd"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Heya - honestly don't let it bother you....

I've got plenty o'foes and friends, both of whom i respect equally - Sometimes i 'foe' people just to make a point, but in some cases, after some private discussion we kiss and make up - in fact one or two foes have become friends.... for instance one member 'watcher in the shadows' was on my foe list for some silly arguement we had, and now we occasionaly message each other - he's now on my friends list.

I think it's just a way of letting people know that you share or conflict in strong viewpoints. Even my foes, i never belittle them, as in some cases they have taught me important lessons....

Never let it disturb your flow. Don't take it personally...

* in fact there's on person in this thread who is on my foe list, and i cannot honestly remember why... lol.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Unless I know I have given a person a reason to foe I usually ask them. May times I have found it was on accident many times we end up on each others friends list.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I was also accidently foed before. She u2ued me to let me know it was an accident. That was after I went thru everything from the couple of days before, just to find out our views on things were very similar. We are friends now.

Sometimes these pages get possessed. If the mouse just hangs too long in the wrong spot, bad stuff happens.
That's what happened to her, the mouse just went over the button.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I foe"d you.

That seems like such a good idea,I think I will make all the moderators foe's.

I have foe's I did not even know I had.

I wear it with a badge of honor.

More foes the better.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Haha i too foe'd that particular moderator.

although i forget why now...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Being new myself I've friended people here who had no idea who I am but I had followed their postings for a few years now before I joined, and they seemed to have some pretty cool stuff to say and I wanted to make sure I noticed them when I joined up!
I don't know if protocol is to ask them first but hey - it's a huge compliment to 'em in my eyes!
and I got foe'd by some random as well and I just friended them straight back!
Sort of cancelled out the negativity it made me feel...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I remember my first "foe". The guy was a dysfunctional idiot later banned. Don't let it bother you at all or you'll go nuts over it.

I have very few foes and many friends. I just spread my vision of Planet Hinky. Some agree, more than some disagree, but we all talk to one another.

Enjoy yourself and don't let what others may think bother your honest opinions.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Ok. I'm out of quotes. Seriously though, don't sweat it.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
being foe'd is cool..

being shot down to BTS is no fun though...

No one goes there anymore....

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Lol, I like your story.
The only time I ever foe'd some people I did so because I was really pissed at them and didnt want to forget that I was mad at them.

I have a hard time holding a grudge.

They were off the list before the week was out. Imho, life is just too short to hold grudges, and they only hurt the one holding them.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
"A man's greatness can be measured by his enemies."
-Don Piatt

That said, although I've been on the receiving end, I've never foed anyone, ever.* I have no enemies here. So maybe I fail Mr. Piatt's test there...

*At least not intentionally...I think I've hit the foe button by mistake a few times.

[edit on 7/29/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Do not let it bother you. I have been foe'd and I had never even heard of the person before?? They did not post much, so I guess they just didn't like my opinions?? oh well. I didn't join ATS to just keep my feelings to myself. I didn't let it bother me or my discussions. I am not going to worry about what I post based on what others think. That defeats why I am here. So again just let it go...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I remember the 1st guy who foed me, I checked out his profile, saw we had pretty much opposing views and foed him back. We later became friends (I think) but I kept him on my foe list because we still disagreed on most everything (but in a friendlier way). Then he got banned and I was pissed.

One time I got foed because I mentioned that I had eaten veal for dinner (yummy baby dead cow Mmmnn (drools) ) and some vegitarian foed me. I got a good laugh out of that one.

The ones that irritate me are the new guys who go around foing everyone they disagree with. The reason this upsets me is because I'm not higher up on their list!
I should be NUMBER ONE dammit!

I only foed one other guy, he started a thread, said he would come back later with more info and never completed the thread. :bnghd:

I still have that piece of paper laying around here somewhere...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Sometimes people click the wrong button.

Foe pas?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
At this point I have put all members that "foe'd" me on my ignore's list.

As much as it will make some postings disjointed without me being able to see the member, I really am offended enough that now I have 3 foes; two of which thinks it was cute to foe me because of this post. Well then fine, now I have 3 on my ignore list.

Those that foe me in the future will get the same response from me. I will not foe anyone anymore than I would friend them because I am not here for that. If you want to be a friend try sending a message through C2C and say so, this is a realistic way of making a friend.

Sad I won't be able to objectively read their postings because I do enjoy other people's thoughts even if they are contrary to my own. I will put this on my profile somewhere because I am sure there are some people who think that to foe is fun!

to FOE is FAUX!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Look at my foe list, then your foe list, then look back at mine

Feel better?

I have a few foes, and some have added me and I havent even talked to them. Its usually because someone disagrees with you that they add you, so dont worry too much about it. Im at the point where I wear my foe list as a badge of honour

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

At this point I have put all members that "foe'd" me on my ignore's list.

As much as it will make some postings disjointed without me being able to see the member, I really am offended enough that now I have 3 foes; two of which thinks it was cute to foe me because of this post. Well then fine, now I have 3 on my ignore list.

Those that foe me in the future will get the same response from me.

Nope, got one more... Lol

Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
*Thomas Jones

[edit on 29-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

-- Sun Tzu

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Unless I know I have given a person a reason to foe I usually ask them.

Calstorm.....

The last time I did that, the member said it was because every time he saw my name he just wanted to "smash me in the face!"

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I started a thread a while back about getting foed for no reason, and this will probably earn me a couple more but, turns out those who foes me are doing it for religious differences. Mostly the Jehovah Witnesses on here. Don't take it to heart, on at least one occasion, it was totally a mistake
on mine, write to the person in u2u and ask them why.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join