It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have just been 'Foe'd"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have just been "Foe'd" by a new member. In as much as I feel that my input may be enough for some stranger to see me as an adversary (which is a far superior word to use than the negative word of Foe), I am not too pleased to have it applied by someone that has given no reason to do this to me. Meaning this person has zero posts aside from the introductory one.

This person seems nice, almost "Friend" in appearance, but to be honest now I don't want anything to do with them and I likely will "block" this user as a result of this action. I have never engaged this person and I have never commented to this person. Does this make sense to anyone?

Geez, I really hate the "friend/foe" feature!

I may be overreacting but I do that so well! Foe, what a stupid word, it sounds like Faux, and that is further from the truth. I am personally offended.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Not a big deal at all. In fact, pay it no mind at all.

If you hate being randomly foe'd by people you have never heard of...you should try being a mod for a day!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just take it in stride.

Sometimes people click the wrong button.

I believe the ones who have foe'd me don't even post.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Alot of people foe around randomly... WoflofWar actually has the highest foe count. It's almost a competition

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

You'll always remember your first time! Not the 2nd or the 3rd, but the 1st!

I have been known to hit the foe button by accident while scrolling. Perhaps this is what happened to you.

I end up sending a lot of apologies to people I foe by mistake.

Also, if you think about it, and read what the foe description says, they keep you on their toes!

It's actually a compliment!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Geez, I really hate the "friend/foe" feature!

I may be overreacting but I do that so well! Foe, what a stupid word, it sounds like Faux, and that is further from the truth. I am personally offended.

No prudent antagonist thinks light of his adversaries.

*Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

[edit on 29-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Wasn't me was it??lollol..... I accidently foe'd someone a few nights ago. Sometimes my computer is slow & I try to hit a key to fast & it happened by accident!! I immediately went & fixed it. I would just bring it to the attention to the new poster. Sounds like an accident...Good Luck!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Consider this,

maybe your post is what drove/inspired them to finally join ATS. You should feel proud your post had such a lasting effect.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
u'll get over it
happens to me also

but I use the foe button for a different
purpose. I use it to highlight a poster
who is gonna have a totally different
viewpoint than mine. It's like when the
light turns yellow, you either speed up
or you screech to a stop.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My suggestion would be to have the option to 'Accept or Deny' such wielded forces, because now that person's profile lists me as a foe and my profile lists him as my foe. I was never given a choice.

I am not here to gather foes or friends, I should be given a choice to remove this person from my profile.

I also notice I have been "friend'd" as well, and no one asked if they could be my friend. Is this a social networking site of teenager 'highlights'. Oh wow, look how many friends he has, he must be important, or ewww, he is a foe to my friend I shouldn't like him. How stupid is that?

I am a bit less offended by those that want to consider me a friend but seriously, I never knew until today that someone thinks of me that way and now I am half wondering why.

Mods, Please allow the individual the freedom to choose if they want to participate or not. Deny Ignorance!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

It’s good to know who hates you, and it’s good to be hated by the right people. -- Johnny Cash

fee fi foe fum... I smell the blood of a noob.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah, dont feel bad about it. I have no idea who the people are who foe'd me. But in a way, its kind of a compliment. At least they noticed you are alive. And your writing must have caused some reaction in them or they wouldnt have bothered to take the time.

Its no ones job to try and please everyone. Just be true to yourself.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have one foe but have no idea who it is.Apparently the person has only reply.

And I believe I am a fair person.

But its alright cause I got about 20 friends.(Thanks friends out there!)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I am not here to gather foes or friends, I should be given a choice to remove this person from my profile.

It pays to know the enemy/rival -- not least because at some time you may have the opportunity to turn him into a friend.

*Margaret Thatcher

[edit on 29-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I just foe'd you! Now you have 2 foes.

Have a great day!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have no foe's and I feel discriminated against

Then again, I only have 2 friends (one of which is quickly becoming a foe) so I don't really mind either way.. In fact, I only found out about the 2nd friend today, no idea how long they've been my 'friend' haha.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I was following some threads on an iPad and accidentally made some users co conspirators and I didn't even realize it until I had reason to check my profile page. It can be tricky scrolling this forum on a device using a touch sensitive screen. Try not to feel bad about it. The person might not be aware they foed you. Try asking them in u2u if you are worried about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've been foed also. Don't spend too much time wondering why. I went back and read the thread I responded on (not even to this person) did'nt single him/her out or anything. This member is now banned. Don't worry about it!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
About five people have foe'd me too. I think 3-4 of them are banned now. The posts that led most of them to foe me were where I was speaking AGAINST racism.
So don't fret too much about the foe deal. You may have just been speaking from the sane point of view and offended someone not so um, er, sane. LOL

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ive been foe'd once, I didn't really reply to them, but I guess my point wasn't what they wanted to hear, everyone has their way of not wanting to have discussion with others, so take it as a compliment and know that there's someone out there and you got under their skin.

Though I never foe anyone, if I don't agree with you, thats fine, but I always want the discussion, you never know what they will say next, you may even become friends one day.

When someone foes me, I figure they were not worth knowing as a friend.

Peace to you.

BTW, be thankful their isn't a "wish you were dead button"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join