It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building a Mosque at Ground Zero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

First of all, I am really sorry if this topic has been posted already by someone else. I saw a story about this on Fox News a few days ago and couldn't get on the net. This story totally shocked me. A few sources to the story are given below:

scripting.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now personally, I think the idea of a mosque at ground zero is utterly deplorable! Like one speaker said on Fox News "It's like putting a memorial to the Japanese at Pearl Harbour"

However, I don't really want a debate on whether or not this is a right thing to do. However, what I am interested in is the NWO/Global input into this (if there is any).

In the EU we have new countries opening their borders each year and in America and the UK societies are becoming increasingly muticultural. As soon as anyone speaks out against this, they are branded as a racist. Is the overall plan to get people in countries to lose their sense of national pride in order for the NWO to take over more easily when the time is right? If this mosque at ground zero is approved, will this be a step towards that loss of national pride for the American people?

Also, an interested way to contribute to this thread may be to see it from a sideline - i.e. who actually was responsible for 9/11? If it was not Osama Bin Laden and his Al Quaeda (hope I spelt that right) counterparts, then who was it and therefore is it ok to build a mosque at ground zero?

What are your thoughts on this? Are people in the West becoming too weak?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

There is at least a half dozen threads on ATS relating to this story .

So i doubt this thread will survive ...... sorry .

---------------------------------------------

To answer your question :

"What are your thoughts on this? Are people in the West becoming too weak?"

Presumably this building will be utilised by American citizens , afforded the same rights as any other U.S citizen. To state it is "at ground zero" is disingenuous at best .

Weakness ....... may be blocking the building going ahead. Would it not fly in the face of the lofty ideals America was founded on...... ?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
"Like one speaker said on Fox News "It's like putting a memorial to the Japanese at Pearl Harbour"

First of all, stop watching Fox "News". Second, this analogy does not even make sense. Were we attacked by the Islamic religion itself? Or even an army from an Islamic nation?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
As for the multi-culturalism = losing national pride, multi-culturalism is a part of our national pride.

Allowing the mosque/community center to be built would only be a testament to our Freedom of Religion. If we go "Ahhh, Islam!", we're letting them win by giving into the terror(ism).

Just to point out, there were Muslim victims of 9/11 too.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yes it's been posted a dozen times now and it's not deplorable. It's a church! Islam didn't bomb your building. Should you pay for what US did in Iran with the Shah or what the US did in Chili? Get over it. Stop the hate.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join