It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Scrubbing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Sorry to the skunk works crowd that I have not visited more often, I know you have all dearly missed me

I recently listened to a theory that our ancient past has been wiped out, or scrubbed, from our history. No written evidence and no physical evidence remains in this idea/theory. I presume it is entirely possible that history could be altered for current society to believe a certain principle and way of life.

Could it be that this theory is correct?

How hard would it be to clean out the histroy from all traces, save some obscure pieces of evidence, of an entire section of our past?

Forget about the ancient and early historical evidence of UFOs and Alien visitation. How hard or easy would it be to erase from our knowledge just from around the 1900's?

If you took a group of babies and put them on an island, where they grew up and learned everything they are to know. If you took out every piece of information you didn' want them to have, such as technology - like automobiles, luxury cruise liners, airplanes and even electricity - how hard would it be to convince them that it is fiction? If you were to plant a piece of evidence, like a light bulb, a picture of a city or other magnificent advancements we currently have, would it be hard to convince them that it is not real and is merely the work of someone's imagination?

Finally, in your opinion, is it possible to do this to an entire planet? Could it really be possible that we have been deceived since the time of our great grand-parents or before?

When a piece of current evidence pops into view it is brushed under the rug of mainstream view and those who have the evidence and try to expose it are deemed crazies. With some type of deception like this in place it would be incredibly hard to overturn the idea.

Taking out the most provocative and inflamatory information from our past, our origins, and our possible future would be an incredibly effective way to control the masses.

What would something like this be done for? I mean, what would the end game be? Could the control body actually be the ones who originally came here and are perpetuating such a scheme to keep us doing what we have been doing since our inception? It is obvious we are sheep and there are many different factions that manipulate different aspects of our life. With all these different aspects of our lives to try and be involved in and understand would it be easy to hide the main objective of the ruling bodies? For that matter, are the ruling bodies not in on it and are they taking their orders from the most elite of the ruling families?

So sorry about all the questions, just wanted to get the questions asked and get some views on this particular idea. Trying to get a better over all idea of some other topics that all seem to tie together in this deception - if it is real and possible.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Such a nicely written thread you started!

For the life of me, I can't answer any of your questions, but all it reminded me of was the thing the guy used in "Men in Black."

Perhaps there is a large one set up somewhere around the world,, that works the same way!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There was a recent Doctor Who episode titled "The Beast Below" where there was a voting system that every citizen of the UK could participate in. The citizens were shown a video and they had the choice to "Protest" what they had seen, or "Forget" what they had seen and move on with their normal lives, forgetting completely all that they had learned.

I think it is possible that history has been "scrubbed," either of blemishes (bad things future generations shouldn't know - whether it be inventions or events) or of huge swathes of history (lost civilizations?), I just don't know how likely it is. But it would be foolish to not believe that our knowledge of the past is constantly being altered by those with the power to do so (such as schoolboards that decide what in our past is 'relevant' or important).

Here is a link you might be interested in:
6 Important Things That Humanity Just Plain Forgot @ Cracked.com

[edit on 29-7-2010 by norping]

new topics

join